Rolled 200k today!

lol maybe, some of the lower mileage 10's have had bigger problems than the higher mileage ones! I'm still on my stock transmission at 122k miles!

I've preached that often! Don't let em sit too long as soooo many parts like to be lubed often. You get parts that sit in one position too long and it ruins them. Valve springs are the main one!!
DRIVE YOUR SRT-10s!!!!!

I've preached that often! Don't let em sit too long as soooo many parts like to be lubed often. You get parts that sit in one position too long and it ruins them. Valve springs are the main one!!
DRIVE YOUR SRT-10s!!!!!

Agreed. If you need to just run down to the store for some bread or something as simple as that, take the 10 and leave the daily at home. I understand for long trips and things like that, but just little trips, take the damn truck out of the garage and go to the store or something to keep it running!

Awesome. I plan on having my 10' forever. It's been such an amazing truck.

Congrats! Hope you can get another 200k outta her!

I only wish. My 10 is in the shop for the 4th tranny work. :mad: That is with only 27K miles. Almost enough $’s in it to have bought the $4K bullet proof unit from HTS. My oh my. :( I have an ’02 Ram 1500 with 264,000 miles and zero problems. :rock: Go figure. Hopefully this last work will solve my problems. If not, may put in a Chevy transmission and stop the aggravation of not having my daily driver and doing more mods with VENOMOUS1.

Congrats! I'm only about 125K and very little issues to date. As for oil...I've only used Mobil 1 0-40. Yes, even in our hot Phoenix Az summers. Don't get me started on miss information on oil weights lol.

Congrats again!

I only wish. My 10 is in the shop for the 4th tranny work. :mad: That is with only 27K miles. Almost enough $’s in it to have bought the $4K bullet proof unit from HTS. My oh my. :( I have an ’02 Ram 1500 with 264,000 miles and zero problems. :rock: Go figure. Hopefully this last work will solve my problems. If not, may put in a Chevy transmission and stop the aggravation of not having my daily driver and doing more mods with VENOMOUS1.

Time to go with a 6 speed..........:dontknow:

Im 500 miles from 100k :D:rock::rock::rock: I have done 155k total miles in 3 10's

thewelshm

Where in Brandon do you live? I'm from that area, graduated Bloomingdale High School, used to live in Valrico near the YMCA that's over there.

Where in Brandon do you live? I'm from that area, graduated Bloomingdale High School, used to live in Valrico near the YMCA that's over there.

I live in Bellefonte off of Lumsden,by Southside Baptist Church

thewelshm

Passed 200k on the way home from work tonight in my 06 QC.

Fantastic truck. Only had two significant failures since this post:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/my-06-qc-passed-150k-yesterday-48983/

One was a totally integrated power module (TIPM) which killed off my power windows. The other was a belt tensioner that exploded on my way home to SC from the US Grand Prix in Austin, TX last fall. Stranded me in Augusta GA for a night - the one and only time the truck has seen a tow truck in 200k miles. The shiny Ram fell off the tailgate logo too (leaving the black background), but that shouldn't count, right?

This truck has been so great that I recently bought an 05 Ram 2500 with the Cummins diesel to take over horse trailer duty from the SRT. Not that she was complaining. Get out there and drive them! They can take it.

Nice car collection too:D:D:D

thewelshm

I live in Bellefonte off of Lumsden,by Southside Baptist Church

thewelshm

do you live like right next to the road? There's a house down towards 60 in the same area with a SRT-10 and a Charger I think and another vehicle, a R/T Dakota I think.

waaw , that is great ! ! !

only have 38K on mine...:burnout:

This is awesome to hear.... That means I should have mine damn close to forever with how slow I put miles on it

To those who asked about what I oil I use, I have always let my local dealer service it. Apparently they used Mobil 1 5W40 until Chrysler filed for bankruptcy, after which Mobil bailed as a supplier. Since then they have used Pennzoil Ultra 5W40. I am in SC so we don't have crazy climate swings. We never get much below the teens or above 105. However, the truck has been a daily driver its whole life, so it has operated across this range reliably.

I am thankful that Rick Hendrick Dodge in Charleston has a fantastic service writer that I trust (Harry Evans) and a great Viper tech (Kurt Porter). Kurt has cared for the truck its whole life and I have had really good experiences with everyone in the service department there. It's just a really well run department, which is especially lucky since I don't hear the same about all the Hendrick's dealerships in this area.

I am pretty religious about doing maintenance/fluids by the book schedule and fixing things when they happen so they dont start a chain of deterioration. You don't live long with Italian cars without that philosophy...

do you live like right next to the road? There's a house down towards 60 in the same area with a SRT-10 and a Charger I think and another vehicle, a R/T Dakota I think.

No I dont, in gates:D

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back