Running Rich?

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short... i got a glimps of of my A/F and found out it was 10 @ WOT. I know Vipers run a little rich... but i dont know if 10 is a little too much?
FYI.. I am at 4,400FT (Elevation) and have 2.02/1.60 valves if that makes any difference?

Long story short... i got a glimps of of my A/F and found out it was 10 @ WOT. I know Vipers run a little rich... but i dont know if 10 is a little too much?
FYI.. I am at 4,400FT (Elevation) and have 2.02/1.60 valves if that makes any difference?

too rich , you need a dyno tune, with those heads most def need a dyno tune before you wash out the cylinders, get with [email protected]

too rich , you need a dyno tune, with those heads most def need a dyno tune before you wash out the cylinders, get with [email protected]

Thanks guys for the heads up. Sh*T! i got 20+k miles on this new rebuild motor. I hope i havent done any damage. The heads are not ported and are running stock springs. Just bigger valves due to the heads needing a valve job.

There is one dyno tunner here locally that is willing to tune the truck buuut has no experience in vipers. I would prefere a dyno tune here at my elevation but not sure if i should trust him? Everyone else here goes to him and say hes good.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the heads up. Sh*T! i got 20+k miles on this new rebuild motor. I hope i havent done any damage. The stock are not ported and are running stock springs. Just bigger valves due to the heads needing a valve job.

There is one dyno tunner here locally that is willing to tune the truck buuut has no experience in vipers. I would prefere a dyno tune here at my elevation but not sure if i should trust him? Everyone else here goes to him and say hes good.

Have your guy work with Torrie. He does off-site tunes.

Hm ok.. good idea.. I'll contact both and go from there. Thanks guys

i actually have one. P0442 Leak Detection Pump. dont think that would affect my A/F?

I have had that code every since I have my tank removed, flushed and replaced. When fuel goes below 1/2 tank the code come on. Re set and all is well. When the code is on it does idle much higher. Been doing this for 55K miles. Prob a crimped line but not willing to remove the tank to find out and fix.

i wouldn't think that code would create such a rich condition. should still get the evp code fixed. it may affect any number of things including an annoying check engine light! . 10.0 on the air/fuel is way to rich! the gauge doesn't go any lower than that. so it could be worse than you think. But , it should be showing a code at 10.0 air/fuel! good thing the price of gas is down! the monthly gas payment could buy a new car! Lol.. What are you using for an air cleaner? maybe the computer sees more air than is actually being used.

I have had that code every since I have my tank removed, flushed and replaced. When fuel goes below 1/2 tank the code come on. Re set and all is well. When the code is on it does idle much higher. Been doing this for 55K miles. Prob a crimped line but not willing to remove the tank to find out and fix.

Tell us again how venomous fixes problems right the first... Err fourth time... Uuuh forget it, it's still jacked...

Tell us again how venomous fixes problems right the first... Err fourth time... Uuuh forget it, it's still jacked...

Hey Jackass, he did not do the work---done in Houston. Go back to playing with yourself little goalie. You seem to be able to concentrate on only one thing at a time. duh

Hey Jackass, he did not do the work---done in Houston. Go back to playing with yourself little goalie. You seem to be able to concentrate on only one thing at a time. duh

Oh that's right, your pal misdiagnosed it as cam and crank sensors, which didn't fix it (surprise)...

wow, you really have a knack for finding guys to not fix your hoopty right...
anyway, keep enjoying your not so graceful journey into senility...

Last edited:

guess your bi-line says it all-----A. Dipshit

Met a lot of wise men and a lot of young men but no young wise men.

Realize the order is reversed but get your kids so explain.

guess your bi-line says it all-----A. Dipshit

Met a lot of wise men and a lot of young men but no young wise men.

Realize the order is reversed but get your kids so explain.

Holy hell, you're all over the map... It's great you are in such a progressive psych ward - not many give internet privileges as freely as the one you're in...

Ok so maybe a little more clarification can help...my friend used a laptop with some sort of tuning software that was able to se my A/F. But now that i think of it... our trucks dont have a Wide Band sensor so the number that he saw was probably from our OEM sensor maxed out to 10 due to the OEM sensor only bouncing from 0-10 volts... not like a Wide Band where you can see a constant number... atleast from my basic O2 Sensor knoledge.
And as for an air filter, i have a CAI.

Oh that's right, your pal misdiagnosed it as cam and crank sensors, which didn't fix it (surprise)...

I like how you refer our trucks as hooptys. Your a hoopty.

I like how you refer our trucks as hooptys. Your a hoopty.

Wow... "your a hoopty"
Really showing off your booklearnins there...

The insults are halfassed like that hackjob roadrunner. I mean look at it, it's a slapped together mish mosh of parts that don't fit - you ignored all aspects of craftsmanship and professionalism creating a rolling punchline... I find it hard to believe that someone who looks at welds and fabrications all day would sign off on that as a job well done...

Last edited:
Wow... "your a hoopty"
Really showing off your booklearnins there...

The insults are halfassed like that hackjob roadrunner. I mean look at it, it's a slapped together mish mosh of parts that don't fit - you ignored all aspects of craftsmanship and professionalism creating a rolling punchline... I find it hard to believe that someone who looks at welds and fabrications all day would sign off on that as a job well done...
Car is running great , i been driving the shit out of it. Well over 5000 miles now and runs 12s. Job well done.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back