Running Rough

BlackMamba50

#10pistonkilla
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fired up the ten after work didn't notice anything wrong. Under highway speeds 60-70 I have a real bad shutter in the front. At the stop light engine acts like it wants to die, running real rough. When starting it up now there is a hesitation and it idles rough around 750rpm. Also backfired a couple of times. Any ideas? Can't get her into the dodge dealership until wednesday next week, they are booked up. No codes either.

I had no codes, returned it to stock and took her to the dealsership, then of course it gets a code. I am betting tps sensor but I'll update once the dealership knows what it is. If it turns out some retarded amount of money to fix whatever I prob just drive a 2012 Cummings off the lot.

The front end shudder may be lower control arm bushings. Mine does the same thing. Checked everything and they are shot.

GUILTY BAD KITTY
Had clogged cats. Drove my race pipes down to the dealership popped them in and put the SCT back on her bam got power back. I do have the dealership doing a tranny service while I have it there. I asked them to do the bands, tv cable and some new v-bands for my race pipes. I don't have enough time to do it myself as Truck Fest is this Sunday at Bandimere.
2012-08-01_18-21-30_554.jpg

GUILTY BAD KITTY
Had clogged cats. Drove my race pipes down to the dealership popped them in and put the SCT back on her bam got power back. I do have the dealership doing a tranny service while I have it there. I asked them to do the bands, tv cable and some new v-bands for my race pipes. I don't have enough time to do it myself as Truck Fest is this Sunday at Bandimere.
2012-08-01_18-21-30_554.jpg

Better monitor things as there was likely a culprit to the cats getting clogged! Aka bad O2 sensors and excess unburned fuel melting the honeycomb of the cats together. Just FYI, bro

I am sure my 2nd gear rants and love of the popping sound didn't help matters. Tranny rebuild is prob in the near future. I appreciate the advice and will keep an eye on things.

Better monitor things as there was likely a culprit to the cats getting clogged! Aka bad O2 sensors and excess unburned fuel melting the honeycomb of the cats together. Just FYI, bro

Spoke too soon. Driving home still running rough got a P0152. Ideas & suggestions?

P0152 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1

Guess LH side front sensor, guess I'll buy one and see what happens.

On order thru AutoZone, I'll update after I install them.

Well I returned her to stock and it wasn't as bad but I still have a bad vibe under load and $hit for power. She threw no codes on stock only on the low oct setting. There is no pinging but I ain't makin $hit for power.

On the SCT low oct setting I threw a p0175 after I cleared the p0152.

Yea definitly just bad o2 sensors. once the cats go bad the o2 sensors tend to overheat and go bad

Just replace both bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 1(aka the two o2 sensors before cats) and youll be back to normal. Those sensors control the engines Air/fuel so when they aint working right you will run horrible

AutoZone will have them tomorrow around 10am, I am just worried thats not it.

Just replace both bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 1(aka the two o2 sensors before cats) and youll be back to normal. Those sensors control the engines Air/fuel so when they aint working right you will run horrible

It's showing your RIGHT front O2 hoss! It is wise to do both and only with Bosch direct fits, don't let them sell you the universal splice in kind. Yours should plug right in with correct length.
It could be your problem for sure. Very rich is your 172 code ;)
Very rich melt cats ;-)

You were def right about keeping an eye on things! It only threw those codes when tuned. So far no codes under stock but the cats are def fubar. I did order the direct fits!

It's showing your RIGHT front O2 hoss! It is wise to do both and only with Bosch direct fits, don't let them sell you the universal splice in kind. Yours should plug right in with correct length.
It could be your problem for sure. Very rich is your 172 code ;)
Very rich melt cats ;-)

Well got the RH upper O2 sensor changed, runs better but still rough. Threw a misfire on #10 this morning before the O2 change. AutoZone sold me a LH upper but the connector was wrong, one of the grooves wasn't offset like the stocker.

I have Oreilly's ordering me a LH upper & a TPS. I'll update tomorrow afternoon.

Why not go to the dealership and order four new OEM sensors? Pay a little more maybe, but get the right parts the first time. Saves you crawling under the thing multiple times, making multiple trips to the parts stores, etc.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back