Running Rough

Baby girl is coming home this Saturday. Been a long process and I gotta put all this crap back in the truck and get dyno tuned.

:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

very nice build:rock:

did ya balance her??? just wounder if ya can feel a difference with an ATI damper

Last edited:
beautiful. painting the block black really was a great idea. It really looks good man.

This is an awesome thread. Watching your progress from the very beginning of this inspires us all. I think most like your build so far. Keep us posted !

Well thanks to my buddy Tony for borrowing his 10 to get my motor back home today. All safe and sound. I need this weekend off, mentally & physically exhausted from work. Prob start on putting everything back together sometime next week.

Took a vacation day to today, had to break the mid week BS. Got all the accessories put on, mounts, starter, coil packs. Getting close to dropping her back in.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but last week I dropped the motor in the cradle. Today I tackled the harness under the intake, coil packs, intake install, valve cover install, spark plugs, spark plug wire routing. I need to find a couple of those fir tree clips that take zip ties for harness routing. I also have to buy a new extended transmission housing bushing that goes into the brackets, messed the old one up during removal a year ago. Once I get the fir tree clips I can get the front end finished up and all the misc lines secured. I still have to install the Suncoast tq-verter & tranny, then headers, drive shaft & exhaust.

Last edited:
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

lookin good

like the long tail cat in a room full of rockin chairs said.............

won't be long now:D

Latest up date, transmission is in. I have a few things in the engine bay I need to do. Need to get the drive shaft, headers & exhaust installed. Need a new TB sensor & a tranny sensor. Could be rocked out in a week but prob two weeks. Gotta pick up my new thermostat tomorrow and grab some oil as well. Still need to buy some radiator fluid. So freaking close, this has been a long arse journey!

Down to buying radiator fluid, drive shaft install, torque converter bolt tq & installing cables on tranny. I had to pull the exhaust off, couldn't get into place. I'll have an exhaust shop put it back in with some connection points for easier removal next time. She may see life tomorrow evening or early next week. Felt good to put power steering and oil in today. I wrenched from 7am-7pm today. Long freaking day. She will be fired up with just headers on. Can't wait, so freaking close!

When I installed my BB headers we fired it up with just the headers on and it sounded awesome, at least at idle and revving it up

When I installed my BB headers we fired it up with just the headers on and it sounded awesome, at least at idle and revving it up

Yeah back 09 when I got my truck I bought a set of used Belangers from another member and ran it open heads with down turns 33 miles to the exhaust shop. Was pretty damn mean on the highway. Think I scared everyone I passed that day.

SHE IS READY FOR FIRE UP!!!
I promised my engine builder I wouldn't fire it till he was here. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow afternoon. Waiting on a call back from him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back