S&W SIGMA 9MM/.40CAL on sale - Anyone shoot it?

walbert said:
not really sure, guess I will need to go to the range now and find out. :D What if it is?

It could be the spring and follower of the magazine kicking the round out at a weird angle when the magazine is full or empty. ;)

(Not related to your problem, but) My Kimber SIS has a 22lb recoil spring. The guy 2 lanes over always complains because he gets hit in the head with my brass. :D That thing kicks the brass a LONG ways. hehehe

Last edited:
Black1 said:
It could be the spring and follower of the magazine kicking the round out at a weird angle when the magazine is full or empty. ;)

So I should also pay attention if it is a certain magazine also. I will let ya know what I find out. Might be on to something.

walbert said:
So I should also pay attention if it is a certain magazine also. I will let ya know what I find out. Might be on to something.

That's about the only thing I could think of... unless your gun is real sensitive to "limp wristing" (yes, that's the technical term :D ). This means, if your grip changes or gets loose over the course of fire, it could slow down or speed up the action of the slide... this could also change the trajectory of the spent casing. :dontknow:

If you have a light trigger pull, the limp wristing would be more of a player too. A harder trigger pull will most likely cause a firmer grip and better follow through after firing, lessening the effect/play on the slide, in most cases.

Do you know your trigger pull in lbs? (assuming single action)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back