S&W SIGMA 9MM/.40CAL on sale - Anyone shoot it?

Black1 said:
Hehheheh.... Sarah has a semi-lesbian crush on Fiona from Burn Notice. She also likes the purse she wears. :eek: I've been trying to find her one like it, as I think it would be great for weapon concealment. :D

burn-notice50.jpg
ahhhh....burn notice....

"shall we shoot them?"

hahaha:rock:

Black1 said:
You can get 16+1 (40) or 18+1 (9mm) in a Springfield XD too..... and it's a much better gun, IMO. :)

I'm sure it is.

I am actually digging the trigger as the safety and no hammer. When we carry the 9mm (mil), we have the safety off (suppose to) and holstered. I'm sure plenty of small toes have been shot by retrieving the weapon from the holster. Tough to do with this option (2 part trigger too).

Back in the Desert Storm time frame, we could carry our own weapon of choice. Now, it is pretty strict and you have to carry the issue weapon, at least for what I have seen (AF and Army side). We don't deploy with our unit (Guard) weapons. Issued at the Base/Post we go to usually.

We should have a weapons day at our next Macon GTG. The outdoor public range is about 30 mins from the hotel everyone was staying at.

Also have Skeet and Trap range on base.

Begood said:
To each their own, but I am still a 45 acp guy.

Bill.
I have a match grade 1911 45 myself. Love it.

However, too valuable to be my truck gun.

Bone said:
I have a match grade 1911 45 myself. Love it.

However, too valuable to be my truck gun.
I understand, that is why I have either a Glock 30, or 36. Depending on the amount of ammo needed.

I used to carry a Colt Officers model, but I found that my body sweat started corroding the stainless steel of it, so I stopped carrying it and went to the Glock.

I just wish Glocks were American made.:(

Bill.

I had a .40 Sigma in the early 90s and used it for daily concealed carry. I had to have the frame replaced (under warranty) about 4 years into it's life for the frame splitting at the front under the barrel. I suspect it was due to faulty manufacturing and the Phoenix heat.

I carried it for a couple more years, then went down the Glock route because my wife was a LEO and we got her a G27 .40 to backup her G23.

Then I got a G29 in 10mm and love it.

A little history on the .40 cal. It was a reduced power load born from the 10mm. It's a shorter case with the same diameter bullet, similar to the .357/38 cal. The FBI was involved with the 10mm, but many found the recoil to be objectionable, so they engaged S&W to create a "lite" version of it.

I find recoil of the G29 very tolerable as long as you're practicing good handhold techniques. Get sloppy, and it may sting a little. :) But, it's worth it for me to have the extra velocity. The 10mm typically carries the same kinetic energy at 50-100 yards that the .45 has at the muzzle. :)

Before all my GLOCKS were stolen, I had all the trigger pulls reduced nearly in half by having a little device installed in them..... Then I had the internals polished to make the pull even lighter.... I can't remember the name of the damn thing right now.. But it only cost about 40 bucks to have it done...

I like Glocks...... They're quite safe for an automatic.... equal in that to Smith wheel guns, IMO... But obviously, they carry more firepower...... They're simple to clean and strip and in spite of their heavy triggers, I think they're great for those of us who aren't too anal about our tools of defense.

I ain't no shootist...... Never was .... GLOCKS are good by me.....

D

Django said:
Before all my GLOCKS were stolen, I had all the trigger pulls reduced nearly in half by having a little device installed in them..... Then I had the internals polished to make the pull even lighter.... I can't remember the name of the damn thing right now.. But it only cost about 40 bucks to have it done...

Wolf Spring kit.

I have an older S&W 9mm
Is mine the only one that seems to toss the spent bullet case at my head? I have had mine for years. It seems like that gun just likes tossing little hot objects at my head. :D

walbert said:
I have an older S&W 9mm
Is mine the only one that seems to toss the spent bullet case at my head? I have had mine for years. It seems like that gun just likes tossing little hot objects at my head. :D

Are you shooting it like a Gansta?! :eek:

Bone said:
Are you shooting it like a Gansta?! :eek:
No, thats why I don't understand why every once in awhile one gets me. It has to spit it straight back....
Most of the time it does go out the side. I would say probably 1 in 30 tries to get me though. :dontknow:

Take a video of it, so you can slow down the reply and see where it is hitting/ejecting.

walbert said:
No, thats why I don't understand why every once in awhile one gets me. It has to spit it straight back....
Most of the time it does go out the side. I would say probably 1 in 30 tries to get me though. :dontknow:

Is it always the last/first round in the magazine, or something like that?

Black1 said:
Is it always the last/first round in the magazine, or something like that?

not really sure, guess I will need to go to the range now and find out. :D What if it is?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back