SCT feedback please

luvsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed but I have not seen any real feedback on the SCT tuner on a basicly stock QC. Anyone have dyno numbers, 1/4 mile gains, impressions? Thanks!

I just got a SCT with new thermostat last week. Was gonna hit the track tonight, but PINKS is in town and the track is closed to prep for the show this weekend. Looking at the track calendar I might get another chance to go later this month. :( But, the SOTP feel is great. Launches better and nice bark from the tires going into second.

luvsrt said:
I know this has been discussed but I have not seen any real feedback on the SCT tuner on a basicly stock QC. Anyone have dyno numbers, 1/4 mile gains, impressions? Thanks!

If your QC if it is stock right now, it WILL pick up h.p. and torque, get rid of it's Tq. Management, improve shift quality and lower heat under the hood. It will do all of this when it is loaded with the proper tune and you install it with the SCT controller.

The great part of this box is tunes can be sent to you from anywhere, over the internet.

For example, it you were to get the popular Stage 2 flash sent to you, you would see all of the benefits listed above.

Plus your SCT is also a code reader and it is quite fast at what it does.

I have one and it is a great thing for these trucks, esp. if you are modding (like me).

Thinking back, the flash was the single biggest improvement I made at the time.

Last edited:
PhatPharmacist said:
But, the SOTP feel is great. Launches better and nice bark from the tires going into second.

In my RC with the stock shifter it takes me so long to get into 2nd I get no bark :elefant:

Cudajon said:
In my RC with the stock shifter it takes me so long to get into 2nd I get no bark :elefant:
I have the stock shifter,And close to stock R/C.I get sideways in second.:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

luvsrt said:

I'd like to hear about impressions from an RC owner... it's clear that the upgrade makes a HUGE difference on a QC but I'm wondering how much I will notice it on my '06 RC? Worth the $$$?

ohiosrt10 said:
I'd like to hear about impressions from an RC owner... it's clear that the upgrade makes a HUGE difference on a QC but I'm wondering how much I will notice it on my '06 RC? Worth the $$$?
i rally doubt that it does make a big difference ............the only reson the qc guys see the big difference is tq mgmt and shift points

Cudajon said:
never take your foot off the gas when shifting into 2nd, its bad for the clutch:D maybe I had that backwards.

505'sFastestViper. said:
i rally doubt that it does make a big difference ............the only reson the qc guys see the big difference is tq mgmt and shift points
So in my RC (manual trans) truck- I won't see any noticeable gains? Does this provide any hp gains at all for the manually shifting folks like myself?:dontknow:

I think the SCT-Programmer is working well for me on my R/C. It gives my tuner more options. Added about 20/ponies right away :rock:

Now with that said....IMO you'll see more of a change if your forced induction. :D

375014.jpg

Quick

I'm N.A.....

frankly if there is no proven gains I can't see throwin 700bucks down for no gain:( :confused:

any aftermarket device allowing you to change parameters (fuel, timing, etc..) will gain you some power compared to stock. Stock is rich, conservative, and lame :D

Now how much you gain / price is a choice that some have to make.

HaulinAsp said:
I'm N.A.....

frankly if there is no proven gains I can't see throwin 700bucks down for no gain:( :confused:
Blaine picked up 20rwhp and about .3ths in the 1/4...

I tuned another from stock and averaged 38ftlbs across the curve with 14 peak hp. You can configure the tune to perform with more tq in the driving range or tune for peak hp. Part throttle response cannot be compared to any flash I have ever run. That is the greatest gain the SCT offers.

msdnga said:
I tuned another from stock and averaged 38ftlbs across the curve with 14 peak hp. You can configure the tune to perform with more tq in the driving range or tune for peak hp. Part throttle response cannot be compared to any flash I have ever run. That is the greatest gain the SCT offers.
Was this on a RC or QC?

ohiosrt10 said:

I think it was the best power increase I purchased for my truck. But I feel to get the best results with the flash/tune you need to delete your cats, have an aftermarket muffler and or headers. My truck really woke up with my DC Perf stage two. I would buy it again if I had to.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back