SCT Group Buy Results

VIPR PWR said:
I've never dealt with Dyno's.....but it sounds like your saying that you can get the HP & tork readings from just running down the track and doing the math----is that correct ? If so then why have the vehicle put on a dyno ? Or am I missing something , I just don't know but am willing to learn :)

Dynos are a tuning tool. You can monitor timing and A/F ratios, make changes, watch the results, change parts, tune for a certain load for fuel economy, etc; etc.. If you have enough time between cooldowns etc; you can accomplish quite a bit.
To a lesser degree, they are also a good place to find pressure leaks, etc. and are generally safer than looking for leaks when you are driving down the road at 100+ m.p.h.;)
You can't race a dyno so, in the end, your efforts will be more or less proven at the track.
It takes a certain amount of torque and horsepower (torque measured over time) to move a certain amount of weight from a dead stop to a certain speed. Currently, you will require around 6000 horsepower to move a Top Fueler down a 1/4 mile to a 320+ m.p.h. trap speed.

Comparing dyno numbers can open a can of worms.

If someone tells you their SRT10 makes 600+ wheel horsepower and they are only running 100 m.p.h. at the track, something is wrong with their numbers.

There are several software solutions for determining how much power you would need to accomplish your goals and they are quite accurate.

Last edited:
That was very informative --and makes me want to get to a dyno when I recieve my SCT to fine tune the truck....Thanks rottenronnie

You can also use dynos to to tune your whole RPM band. i.e. you might be running rich from 2000-3000 RPM but lean at 3500-4000. With the truck on a dyno looking at the A/F then you can see how things are going. It also is handy to do a dyno run then do a mod and see what you gained and where. A SCT flash might only get you 25 more RWHP. So your max numbers didn't go up much. But if you look at the grap you will might see 80 RWHP gains from 2000-3000 RPM (numbers are just estimates for this discussion). Large dyno numbers are more for bragging rights.

Me too...hopefully this week sometime. I didn't order until last week tho.

--wes

How many has received their SCT? I am still waiting. Hoping early this week.

Got mine ! Took a total of about 5 minutes to install program, truck runs and idles much smoother feels like it has noticeably more bottom end. I opted for a generic 93 octane tune since I haven't had my truck on a dyno for a year.
The only problem I see is the cooling fans are running almost constantly since I have not yet changed my thermostat, will do that this weekend. I can tell a small SOTP difference but that is normal for me, at my age I don't feel much of anything going on in my pants.

FATJACK said:
Got mine ! Took a total of about 5 minutes to install program, truck runs and idles much smoother feels like it has noticeably more bottom end. I opted for a generic 93 octane tune since I haven't had my truck on a dyno for a year.
The only problem I see is the cooling fans are running almost constantly since I have not yet changed my thermostat, will do that this weekend. I can tell a small SOTP difference but that is normal for me, at my age I don't feel much of anything going on in my pants.
the t-stat will fix that, had the same issue.......:)

Last edited:
PCracingTRX400 said:
startin to think i got scammed haha... i ordered mine on the 13th

Marty said another batch was going out today, he'll likely send some tracking info this evening....I hope so at least :rock:

--wes

Recieved mine yesterday --installed the 93 octane ---the fan is definatly running ---guess I will have to do the thermastat also..noticed that the idle is at about 550 ,lower than it was and the bottomend appears to be more reactive.....Simple install only a few minutes.

What thermastat is the recommended one for the sct ----
Where do I get the plug in wires to be able to connect it to a computer for updates---what type of connections do I need ---there are 2 plug ins on the sct??????

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back