SCT Question

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before i send torrie a email about something related to this. I know its possible to switch your SCT Tuner from one truck to another...how do you do that? And yes i know it can only be registerd to one truck at a time.

Also, how much hp does a RC gain normally with a tune?

set your truck back to the factory tune and then the tuner should work on another vehicle but it will need tunes!! RC's don't gain as much as QC's due to RC's don't have torque management !! my guess is about 20 hp not much more than that! but it is just a guess!!! the benefits are after mods.

Cool, thats what i thought....muahaha. Also mopar catless mid pipes can go on either a RC or QC right...no difference correct?

well.... the difference is in the length of the mids! the muffler mounts in the same place but the QC's have an extra door!! so i think the length difference is in the mids! Don't think the mids are the same length on the RC's compared to the QC's sorry!!

thanks joe. I called tony at ace0matics....seems like a good guy and can get me a good deal. But if u cant tell by my posts in this thread i might be leaning towards a different route..lol.

thanks joe. I called tony at ace0matics....seems like a good guy and can get me a good deal. But if u cant tell by my posts in this thread i might be leaning towards a different route..lol.

OMG.....you are buying the CE in Edmonton???

nope, but i might buy something :rock: I didnt want to let the cat out of the bag until its final. But after talking to tony at aceomatic last night, its going to cost $560 for parts and $900 labour to just get the truck running like it use to, but he said soon as i spray the nitrous its only a matter of time before the tranny starts having issues again. So he listed a few parts i should get, bringing the total to $2500+.

I never liked automatic at all, only reason i got the QC is cuz i wanted the extra space...well now im feeling i dont need the space and i want a manual.

Derrik Dodge (where i got my truck) has a 05 Flame Red RC with 27,088 miles on it (its an american truck so its all in miles and all that bs) It has a volant intake and a borla or mopar exhaust (i cant tell which one)...for $31,000.

So i went in and test drove it, holy shit!...Now i see why everyone says the 48RE sucks up so much power...i couldnt even go WOT in 1st or 2nd without breaking the tires loose. So we sat down and did the numbers....its going to cost me $44 bi-weekly more to change trucks. Also theres no cosmetic damage...my truck has a crack on the front bumper and 2 dents on the tail gate and fucked up wing from the previous owner.

So im seriously considering a switch. What do u guys think?. Only mods i put in it that i can get back is the JTSVP wires/coils...everything else i can take out within a day.

nope, but i might buy something :rock: I didnt want to let the cat out of the bag until its final. But after talking to tony at aceomatic last night, its going to cost $560 for parts and $900 labour to just get the truck running like it use to, but he said soon as i spray the nitrous its only a matter of time before the tranny starts having issues again. So he listed a few parts i should get, bringing the total to $2500+.

I never liked automatic at all, only reason i got the QC is cuz i wanted the extra space...well now im feeling i dont need the space and i want a manual.

Derrik Dodge (where i got my truck) has a 05 Flame Red RC with 27,088 miles on it (its an american truck so its all in miles and all that bs) It has a volant intake and a borla or mopar exhaust (i cant tell which one)...for $31,000.

So i went in and test drove it, holy shit!...Now i see why everyone says the 48RE sucks up so much power...i couldnt even go WOT in 1st or 2nd without breaking the tires loose. So we sat down and did the numbers....its going to cost me $44 bi-weekly more to change trucks. Also theres no cosmetic damage...my truck has a crack on the front bumper and 2 dents on the tail gate and fucked up wing from the previous owner.

So im seriously considering a switch. What do u guys think?. Only mods i put in it that i can get back is the JTSVP wires/coils and my CompuStart alarm/remote starter...everything else i can take out within a day.

I say PULL THE PIN, give Derrick Dodge ur truck with the crapped tranny!! Lol.
I would beat them up more on the price though!! I know where there's 2 mineral grey 06 QC's u can buy for around $28500-30000!!

DO IT!!! RC is the way to go!! Prettier and cheaper on fuel !

I say BS!! Take that beauty of a QC and the space it has (reason you bought it) and slap a 6 speed as I have done. There nothing like seeing a QC lift the nose between gear shifts! I have gained 4 MPG, lost about 75 lbs and gained back about 50HP. Check out my threads about the conversion. I have equaled my best time with the auto as well and that was spinning thru 1st and 2nd;)

i swaped qc for rc. dont regret it one bit, but 31k sounds kinda pricey for that truck, maybe its just me.

i swaped qc for rc. dont regret it one bit, but 31k sounds kinda pricey for that truck, maybe its just me.

SRT10 prices are higher in Canada, but he should be able to get that down a bit.:)

SRT10 prices are higher in Canada, but he should be able to get that down a bit.:)

yeah, thought about that after i posted. btw, what is all the other "American BS" with the truck???? haha, just giving you a hard time

They r firm on the price..shitty i know but oh well. I thought about doing a trans swap but its not the route i want to go. It really played with my mind thag i thought i was doing 60kmh but i was doing 60mph haha.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back