SCT Torrie tunner help!

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post. I recently bout an 04 with an SCT torrie tune. It came pre loaded with the tunes "93 tune", "91 tune" , "race tune" and of course factory setting. Is it as simple as applying the tune to the gas you are using? What is the difference between the 93 and 91 tune? Which can I expect more power from and which can I get better gas mileage from?

Changing tunes is very simple. Plug in the tuner and follow the instructions. Set the tune for the fuel you have. Fuel mileage hmmmm......I will have to think about that!:D

All your tunes will be safe rich. You will loose some high rpm power also from the rich tune (I lost .2 in the 1/4 with a tune). Get a Wideband O2 sensor and know where your tune is at. Or get a Dyno tune to dial it in. Then you will realize the real power gains.

From members here, the QC autos benefit more from the auto transmission changes.

Cheers!

Sorry for asking about fuel mileage. Kind of a dumb thing to ask:eek:. One last question. Is it safe to stay on the 93 tune with 91 octane in the tank or vice versa? please don't panic, I have not done this, I am just trying to understand tuning a little better. Thanks again guys!

depends on condition of plugs, wires, coils and engine in general. the tune numbers for octane give more spark advance as the octane goes up. as long as it doesn't start pinging under load you can run octane/fuel combo you want. pinging sounds like marbles in a metal coffee can

fuel mileage is directly related to the weight of your right foot, the higher octane/tune, the heavier your foot gets………...:burnout:

These engines do not like detonation. If you have 91 octane fuel, don't run the 93 tune. 5 minutes could save you a lot of grief $$$.

Great information guys. Another question for you. for you guys that switch back and forth between 93 and 91, how do you remember what tune you have your truck set to? will the Tuner tell you when you fire it up? Should I leave post-it notes on my dash? lol.

And one question for this website in general. I cant for the life of me figure out how to add a signature to my posts

Great information guys. Another question for you. for you guys that switch back and forth between 93 and 91, how do you remember what tune you have your truck set to? will the Tuner tell you when you fire it up? Should I leave post-it notes on my dash? lol.

And one question for this website in general. I cant for the life of me figure out how to add a signature to my posts

It will prompt you to install a tune. It shouldn't be too hard to remember which tune you have installed.:)

I run my 93 octane tune and going out to West Texas the octane ratings go down till I am in Midland and you can't buy anything above 91 (regular is 85 instead of the 87 found in Big D). Most stations only have 90. Does it affect my truck? I am told that the elevation compensates for the octane rating drop so in actuality at 91 out west I am running the same as 93 here in the Dallas area. :dontknow:

Not sure but can tell NO difference at speeds up to 110 mph on the wide open roads. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back