SCT Tuner

morgans

Reaction score
Just been corresponding with Tonnie on getting a SCT tuner for my 2005 Quad cab. He is a great guy to deal with. he knows his stuff.

Thanks Tonnie

Torrie, at Roe Racing? Yeah, outstanding service. Tune really wakes up the 6000 lb (with my fat ass in it) Quads.

Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning:rock::rock::burnout:

thats where i got mine & been lucky enough to have Torrie fine tune her in person.:D:rock::burnout::rock:

Last edited:
Any particular reason? I don't have an issue doing a remote tune.

Yes simplicity. If it's just a simple bolt on mods I can see a remote tune. If it's a more intense build I like the fact that once tune is done tuner and I can go for a drive and work out drive ability issues that you don't see on a dyno. Pain in the ass to rent out a dyno, have dyno operator and remote tuner going back and forth getting it all figured out. If is then it would have to be done again with renting dyno again. If it's a tuning issue then a proper tuner will just strap it down or take it for a drive and work out the problem then and there. Remote tuner can all ways blame equipment and such. It's real hard to diagnose a problem over the phone as a mechanic I have had several ppl try to have me do so. I realize that most ppl done have a decent shop around them to do this but fortunately I do.

Looks like that may be the boat I'm going to be riding in. I just posted a thread in performance mods. Going to swap out my MPI tuner for an SCT but I don't think it's going to be an easy swap, definitely won't be plug and play.:confused:

I've gotten my tune from torrie great guy I have a question
I'm am old lightning guy and challenger guy this is my first 10
So that being said what's the tune supposed to do?
I mean I drove it before the tune and it felt powerful then I drove it after the tune
And it felt the same
What should I be looking for Any help would be appreciated
I have read nothing but good things about the tuner and it waking the truck up but I personally can't tell a difference
The shifting still feels like the torque management is on but maybe it's just me thanks guys

I've gotten my tune from torrie great guy I have a question
I'm am old lightning guy and challenger guy this is my first 10
So that being said what's the tune supposed to do?
I mean I drove it before the tune and it felt powerful then I drove it after the tune
And it felt the same
What should I be looking for Any help would be appreciated
I have read nothing but good things about the tuner and it waking the truck up but I personally can't tell a difference
The shifting still feels like the torque management is on but maybe it's just me thanks guys

What are your mods? It's possible that tune is not loaded

I didn't notice a difference before and after the tune. I did drop nearly .2 of a second in my quarter mile time.

I did basically the same thing all at once and the truck didn't feel any quicker but it was a half a second quicker in the 8th...

I wrote a thread on it... Why dyno numbers aren't the end of the world or something like that...

Well all I'm saying is that I got mine dyno today same dyno same time of year same person
Dyno numbers didn't change but about 2-5 hp and like I said before for 400 bucks you should get more
No what got me thinking is that the trans feels the same and shifts sluggish with and without tune
When I tuned my challenger and my lightning both with Sct torque management went away doesn't feel like it's gone on this tune that's why I'm confused

Last edited:
Torrie did mine. Going to put Tony's TB on soon & will have it dyno'ed again. I think if I had someone that knew Viper's closer I would use them for tuning.

Did your trans shift the same? I'm in Memphis tn there is no one close to here that can tune one of these I'm not saying his tune isn't working and I may be looking into this to much but this thing should shift a little different after the tune is installed I can't tell Any difference even at wot

All your issues will be resolved with a wideband sensor. Realize that even your drop in tune from Torrie is safe rich (11+:1). Knowing your A/F ratio and working with Torrie will fine tune your map, yield more power and still be safe.(12.6:1)
I did this and the results are striking :rock:

Cheers

Since we are on the subject, what is ideal A/F Ratio for these? Mine is anywhere between 14-ish to 15-ish sometimes dipping down into the low 16s. (at idle)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back