Secret to 9's!!!

i managed quite a few 8.6 to 8.8 when i did not hit my damn revlimiter ,,thats why i will have a shift light next time :D and a few more goodies

505'sFastestViper. said:
i ran a 10.9 at 132 with a 1.9 60 ft time i cut a 1.5 60ft time its nines all day long and that was shiftin into 5th

10.9 is a long way from 9.9, its hard to drop a complete second especially when you are already at the level you are.

yellowfever#154 said:
10.9 is a long way from 9.9, its hard to drop a complete second especially when you are already at the level you are.
look at the 60 ft time and the fact that that in only the third pass that that truck has ever made ....we dropped 2 seconds in three passes already the mph already supports a soft 9 second pass

Ironhead said:
i managed quite a few 8.6 to 8.8 when i did not hit my damn revlimiter ,,thats why i will have a shift light next time :D and a few more goodies

I have a Raptor shift light, just haven't installed it yet.

I REALLY needed it !!!!!!!!

HOT RAM said:
I am seriously considering putting my 4.10's back in. :dontknow:
why on earth would you do that other than gas milage

HOT RAM said:
I have a Raptor shift light, just haven't installed it yet.

I REALLY needed it !!!!!!!!

i need one i hit my rev limiter to damn many times

Ironhead said:
why on earth would you do that other than gas milage

I dunno :dontknow:

Just liked the way Justins truck did on 4.10's at the track (if I remember correctly he was still on 4.10's :confused: )

Also liked winding higher before shifting

on the other hand,I recall that I hated the 4.10's when i had 'em

Hit my rev limiter a lot ,too Not sure what rpm's were,too busy watching track

I need my Stage 2 reflashed with lower rev limit and the fans on sooner /ran 200*+ most of the way home

Last edited:
Cudajon said:
Did you put fiberglass body pieces all over that thing? I was inquiring a shop in Tulsa if they did Carbon Fiber bodywork, it seemed like they did on their shop vehicles. Lighter than stock?

There is no fibreglass on the truck.
The tonneau and wing are fabricated aluminum that has been powder coated.

It will be considerably lighter than stock, how much I don't know yet.

At a weight of 5300 pounds with driver it will take 1200 RWHP to run a 9.75.
That is assuming that everything is optimized, in other words a perfect run.
A nine second pass will be real hard to acomplish, in a truck with leaf spring suspension.

HOT RAM said:
I dunno :dontknow:

Just liked the way Justins truck did on 4.10's at the track (if I remember correctly he was still on 4.10's :confused: )

Also liked winding higher before shifting

on the other hand,I recall that I hated the 4.10's when i had 'em

Hit my rev limiter a lot ,too Not sure what rpm's were,too busy watching track

I need my Stage 2 reflashed with lower rev limit and the fans on sooner /ran 200*+ most of the way home

I had 4:10 gears and went to 4:56 with Stinkers Locker Rear End. The big difference for me was driving in traffic...just much more manageable with the 4:56 in traffic and with normal driving...going back to the oem flywheel was a great help too...I may have lost a little in the quarter mile but the truck is much more pleasant to drive with the 4:56...and it might be ever better with the 4:88!

If you install a torqueflite from an early model Cummins (same bell housing as a v-10)with the correct convertor, cal-tracs' monoleafs with their bars and shocks and a good set of slicks I think you will be there.

mopower1958 said:
If you install a torqueflite from an early model Cummins (same bell housing as a v-10)with the correct convertor, cal-tracs' monoleafs with their bars and shocks and a good set of slicks I think you will be there.

My dad would know but is the torqueflite the same as the 727? If it is than I agree :rock:

mopower1958 said:
Yes it is.
i am so considering this i can build a killer 727 for about a grand. what about the electronics. how do you get around that.

David, this is a very interesting concept...if I bring my truck to you would you do it for me? I would pay to make this conversion...this shifting stuff is just getting to be too much for this old man!

Prof said:
David, this is a very interesting concept...if I bring my truck to you would you do it for me? I would pay to make this conversion...this shifting stuff is just getting to be too much for this old man!
ill swap ya....we can even swap the motors out...lol i know you dont want to give up the forged bottom end. seriously i be it would be killer in a RC

Last edited:
eddie102870 said:
i am so considering this i can build a killer 727 for about a grand. what about the electronics. how do you get around that.

His truck is a six speed isn't it? Not sure on a quad cab, I had thought about doing it on my truck. I bought the Coronet to go fast so I would leave my truck alone!

Prof said:

Roy,I am not sure about the overdrive part. I think they may have had an overdrive/non-electronic model similar to an A-518. I will check and see, I don't think you would want a non overdrive,1 to 1 final drive transmission for a daily driver. At 60 mph your rpm woud be close to 2800 rpm with a 4.56.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back