Secret to 9's!!!

Cudajon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it would take? :confused:

There are L's in the 8's although not street legal. I wonder what it would take for our trucks to hit 9's. :slug: :slug:

Over $100K plus a lot of time on your hands. There are a few trucks that will hit the 9's soon. You will need a major power added like a turbo or twin turbo. Superchargers in my opinion will not get you in the 9's as of yet. Maybe a few more members will chime in on this.

rear suspension mods, getting the weight to transfer to the rear tires is the key.

I done a little , such as removing springs from the spring pack, moving the battery back to the rear and a couple of other thngs and still spun thru the 1/8th mile on the 1000hp tune.
also a larger tire, I tried a 30 incher and the rolllout was jsut not enough, need to try a tire with better roll out. plus a good controller to ramp thngs up be it boost or NOS

Cudajon said:

There are L's in the 8's although not street legal. I wonder what it would take for our trucks to hit 9's. :slug: :slug:

A good power to weight ratio and as mentioned a good working suspension, and cash...

Mid 9s...
For example, with 700 wheel (not hard at all with our engines) and a 3200 pound total race weight vehicle (i.o.w. not much of the original vehicle left if it was an SRT10), you could reach your goal. Some of the fast Lightnings, or other vehicles, are only a glass body lowered over a tube chassis. Can you still call it a Lightning or an SRT10 if you went that route? Sure, I guess.

Last edited:
amtrucker22 said:
Traction...

All the power in the world does not mean anything unless you can get it to hook.

Traction also means a detroit locker axle from Stinker that allows for full slicks. Tractions also means a true 4 link suspension like FstJack is building or has built. All this power also has to go thru our really expensive $10K+ transmissions that have to be built up as well. This is only the start. As of right now I don't know anyone that can run the 9's even if the truck is capable due to nobody having a roll bar setup for our trucks.

BTW maybe Wolfram and Black Pearl might team up to make this available to us but till then we also need someone to fab a roll bar setup for us.

sell your truck, buy a 89 fox body mustang and put about $15k in it!

SrtBrad said:
Traction also means a detroit locker axle from Stinker that allows for full slicks. Tractions also means a true 4 link suspension like FstJack is building or has built. All this power also has to go thru our really expensive $10K+ transmissions that have to be built up as well. This is only the start. As of right now I don't know anyone that can run the 9's even if the truck is capable due to nobody having a roll bar setup for our trucks.

BTW maybe Wolfram and Black Pearl might team up to make this available to us but till then we also need someone to fab a roll bar setup for us.

Hey brad no secret to roll bars or the roll cage, I just think nobody wants to have the cage go thru the rear window yet. Too nice of a truck to do that yet:)

Cudajon said:

CAI and a tune

I think $100k is a little light...fstjack...knows...I am sure he is over $200k at this point and still has not fired the engine.

I'm in $70k range and in the 14's.

Prof said:
I think $100k is a little light...fstjack...knows...I am sure he is over $200k at this point and still has not fired the engine.

200k????? i'd doubt it.....

Prof all you need is a four link and to shed about 500 pounds and you could be in the 12's

Prof said:

Get rid of the sheep and you will be in the 13's:D

FerrariTruck said:
200k????? i'd doubt it.....

Prof all you need is a four link and to shed about 500 pounds and you could be in the 12's

Are you implying that I am fat? I think Jack will chime in soon...but he is headed for the 8's.

Annu Kumar said:
Get rid of the sheep and you will be in the 13's:D

Sheep are my best bet Annu, at my age, any port in a storm.

100k il will be in the 9's really soon on leaf springs addin a lil shot of n20 to get a good 60 ft and stinkers rearend 9s here we come .....oh and completely street legal and streetable and not gutting or cutting anything at all!!!!!!!!!!

FerrariTruck said:
Hey brad no secret to roll bars or the roll cage, I just think nobody wants to have the cage go thru the rear window yet. Too nice of a truck to do that yet:)

I have not added up the receipts on the silver truck but I am sure I have over 200K in it, and another 45K + to go.

Attachments

• Tonneau & wing Silver truck 004.JPG
    Tonneau & wing Silver truck 004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • Tonneau & wing Silver truck 006.JPG
    Tonneau & wing Silver truck 006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
FerrariTruck said:
Exactly everyone is debating that last step, I know I am still tossing that Idea, but if we want to keep going to the track except real street drags out here, we gonna have to get a roll bar.:mad: :confused: :marchmellow:

Did you put fiberglass body pieces all over that thing? I was inquiring a shop in Tulsa if they did Carbon Fiber bodywork, it seemed like they did on their shop vehicles.

Wow 200k... I haven't even made 200k over my whole lifetime... sucks not graduating from college yet :p

Have you at least weighed it? Lighter than stock?

Last edited:
I take it with all these high dollar amounts you guys are not doing the work yourselfs?
Man I am working on the wrong shit for a living, I work million dollar machines that MF'ers don't want to spend a 100 dollars to fix, whats is wrong with this picture?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back