Shopping for Vehicle Insurance

FastRam said:
I've been with Allstate for a long, long time and decided to shop around for new auto policies. So far I have received a quote from Progressive and I was astonished at the price differences for the exact same coverages I hold with Allstate. By switching I can save about 1/2 of what I pay now, yearly. Anybody here use Progressive? Comments? Suggestions? Good/Bad?

Ive had allstate for 10 yrs. Are you guy going through the company direct or through a independent provider? I think when you go through a indy one they work harder for you. I got both my car 09 e class and the 04 srt and 2 bikes
08 gsxr and a mv agusta And i think i pay alittle under 2k a year. And my house adds 420 bucks. They have this new program i think he called it ripp
and it saved a bunch... And every claim i had they paid 2 glass claims at 1300 each

My SRT Ram is through Grundy and cost approx. 420 year. It is insured for retail value of $25 grand. I have my Dart insure through State Farm's collector policy and it is about 130 year for only 6 grand coverage. I'm planning to switch the Dart to Grundy this summer if all goes as planned. I insure mine and wifey's Dakota's through State Farm and would like to change them to a cheaper deal this summer. I've been waiting a while to switch when we both had 3 yrs accident free behind us. I may look into USAA, they sound like a good bet.
State Farm sucks as far as incident assisitance. I have had tons of trouble with them. the local agent only knows how to sell ins and take checks - no help otherwise.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
or if your under 25 too i think, i looked into it once and after i turn 25 in march i'm going to shop around, i've got Geico and its about 177 a month for the truck and liability on my surburban

actually the 25 year old thing is a questionable topic. I am 23 i talked to a grundy dealer in PA about the streetrod I have at home, they said the rates wont go up if I show I have a perfect driving record(no tickets, crashes, etc...) then they would over look the age because i am close to 25

Last edited:
When I spoke with Grundy they said they would not insure me until my 25th b-day and I was 24 last year when I called them. If you get it, great just sharing the info I got.

Military only or children of military....so check even if you have not served, if your parents were in, there is a possibility!

Prof said:
Military only or children of military....so check even if you have not served, if your parents were in, there is a possibility!
my dad was in 69, reckon that would work

Prof said:

eddie102870 said:

Eddie,

Right now USAA is open to all veterans. If your dad is/becomes a member it should allow you to become one. I'm not sure if children need to be minors when they sign up or not...I don't think so.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back