Shopping for Vehicle Insurance

FastRam said:
I've been with Allstate for a long, long time and decided to shop around for new auto policies. So far I have received a quote from Progressive and I was astonished at the price differences for the exact same coverages I hold with Allstate. By switching I can save about 1/2 of what I pay now, yearly. Anybody here use Progressive? Comments? Suggestions? Good/Bad?

Ive had allstate for 10 yrs. Are you guy going through the company direct or through a independent provider? I think when you go through a indy one they work harder for you. I got both my car 09 e class and the 04 srt and 2 bikes
08 gsxr and a mv agusta And i think i pay alittle under 2k a year. And my house adds 420 bucks. They have this new program i think he called it ripp
and it saved a bunch... And every claim i had they paid 2 glass claims at 1300 each

My SRT Ram is through Grundy and cost approx. 420 year. It is insured for retail value of $25 grand. I have my Dart insure through State Farm's collector policy and it is about 130 year for only 6 grand coverage. I'm planning to switch the Dart to Grundy this summer if all goes as planned. I insure mine and wifey's Dakota's through State Farm and would like to change them to a cheaper deal this summer. I've been waiting a while to switch when we both had 3 yrs accident free behind us. I may look into USAA, they sound like a good bet.
State Farm sucks as far as incident assisitance. I have had tons of trouble with them. the local agent only knows how to sell ins and take checks - no help otherwise.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
or if your under 25 too i think, i looked into it once and after i turn 25 in march i'm going to shop around, i've got Geico and its about 177 a month for the truck and liability on my surburban

actually the 25 year old thing is a questionable topic. I am 23 i talked to a grundy dealer in PA about the streetrod I have at home, they said the rates wont go up if I show I have a perfect driving record(no tickets, crashes, etc...) then they would over look the age because i am close to 25

Last edited:
When I spoke with Grundy they said they would not insure me until my 25th b-day and I was 24 last year when I called them. If you get it, great just sharing the info I got.

Military only or children of military....so check even if you have not served, if your parents were in, there is a possibility!

Prof said:
Military only or children of military....so check even if you have not served, if your parents were in, there is a possibility!
my dad was in 69, reckon that would work

Prof said:

eddie102870 said:

Eddie,

Right now USAA is open to all veterans. If your dad is/becomes a member it should allow you to become one. I'm not sure if children need to be minors when they sign up or not...I don't think so.

Back