Should I go buy this truck?

BecauseRacetruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Portland, Oregon | Speed Sports Inc

What's up gentlemen?

Been a while since I was active on this forum. Anyway I'm in the market for a new vehicle and I had given up for the time being on getting a 10 because I just paid off one car and wasn't keen on getting into another loan and would rather do cash. I had been browsing for the average F bodies, Cobras, and such but I thought I'd do a quick search for a 10 because why not I've always wanted one and I came across the truck in the link above. Asking just under $20K for a low miles Paxton RC is too good of a deal for me to pass up and assuming everything checks out I intend to purchase this weekend.

However does that deal seem a bit too good to be true to any of you? I refuse to buy any used car without my mechanic taking a look at it but most mechanics don't have experience with Vipers so I'm thinking about taking it to Fast Specialties in Vancouver WA (building/tuning shop). From everything I hear they are a very reputable shop but if anyone out there has done business with them I wouldn't mind hearing about it. Part of me thinks the lower price is because of some of the custom work like shaved door and tailgate handles which honestly doesn't appeal to me. Also it appears to not have either the spoiler or tonneau and the bed is carpeted, not sure why you would want an uncovered carpeted bed in the great NW...:dontknow:

Let me know what you guys think because I've got the 10 itch all over again and I'm in a great position to buy one if I could get it for 15-18K or so.

Take it to Portland psi speed industries.

Alright I'll look into them, I first heard of Fast from Roe's website of recommended installers/tuners, Fast Specialties and Gen3 Motorsports were the only shops listed in OR and WA but I can't find a webiste for Gen3 not sure if they are around anymore.

That dealer probably bought it at auction for nothing and like a lot of people heard the noisey "normal" valve train and decided to off load it for a quick 1 or 2k profit. I say test drive it and if it checks out jump all over it!

Thats like getting it for free if its good for that price, It sucks, the value of these trucks just keeps going down instead of up, SSR's go for 10,000 more than that .......

Thats like getting it for free if its good for that price, It sucks, the value of these trucks just keeps going down instead of up, SSR's go for 10,000 more than that .......

It's the gas mileage man I'm sure of it, aw well makes it great for second hand buyers like me.

I basically look at it like I'm getting the truck with a bunch of free mods.

It doesn't have a wing, that's why it's so cheap. :D

It would be nice if that's all.

One thing I just noticed is it looks like a little chunk is missing out of one of the rear wheels.

Hopefully there isn't a chunk missing out of one of the pistons.:(

There has to be more to the story on this one.

Be careful posting up links like that;) I've lost great deals on 2 vehicles in the last few months because I posted a link on a forum asking questions about it.:mad:

Looks like a great deal I'd have it checked out for sure.:rock:

Who? And what if you can't PM them?

You just hit the 50 post mark and can now PM. I have my login information for carfax at home but if you hit me with the vin I will get back to you in a few days.

Good deal im having my cousin check it out in about two hrs if everything looks good I'll probably buy it,!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back