Shoulder surgery

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trainman lives. Everything went well. I went in about 10am, into the operating room at 12:30....the last I remember, I woke up about 4 pm, came home at 4:30....ate dinner at 8pm, feel good now. I don't think there was any repair needed on the rotator Cuff tendon, just shaving of the bones. recovery will be slower than I thought. No softball pitching (fast pitch) or Racketball for 6 months......The doctor doesn't know about "power shifting" (yet), I will let him know. Easy on the weights for up to 6 months, but after that unlimited weight....for me thats probably 90 lbs (drivers seat and the stock wheel and tire) if you know what I mean. Thanks for all the support guys...your thoughts and prayers were appreciated.......now on the the NA build....I'm excited!:rock:

Last edited:
Glad all went well, had my left shoulder done 3 months ago, clean/scraping and d-burring.
Almost no pain and able to work on the rigs again. Finally was able to ride the motorcycle :).

That is great news! Except for the slow recovery part. :( Looking forward to seeing your completed build. :D

Yes, great news

Good news. I was just involved in a surgery Monday morning to instert a rod in my femur. I hate hospitals, but definatly have an appreciation for the people that work the long hours to help people.

Glad your procedure went well!

Glad to hear all went well, Jerry.

Good news. I was just involved in a surgery Monday morning to instert a rod in my femur. I hate hospitals, but definatly have an appreciation for the people that work the long hours to help people.
Did everything go smoothly for you?

Glad to hear all went well, Jerry.

Did everything go smoothly for you?

Smooth as it was supposed to go. This is the 3rd rod in my right femur. (10th surgery overall since my motorcycle accident). Been battling a non-union and infection in the bone. Its been very frustrating, but we are hopeful this last one will work and the bone will begin to grow now that the infection is gone.

Smooth as it was supposed to go. This is the 3rd rod in my right femur. (10th surgery overall since my motorcycle accident). Been battling a non-union and infection in the bone. Its been very frustrating, but we are hopeful this last one will work and the bone will begin to grow now that the infection is gone.

Not to hijack this thread, but that is terrible news and I wish you all the best!

Hey Trainman I just had rotator cuff surgery in Oct, if you got any questions let me know, and yes i still hurt.

Hey Trainman I just had rotator cuff surgery in Oct, if you got any questions let me know, and yes i still hurt.

Luckily no rotator cuff repair was needed, just bone growth that had to be shaved to relieve rubbing on the tendons. Some bursitis detected and repaired. Also a labrum tear.

Glad to hear and don't push recovery too fast and really tear something up bud. Look forward to you rowing gears in your new build :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back