Signature Photo Size Reduction

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is there any chance the Mods or Admin could put a limit on the size of signature photos? Some of them are just ridiculous!! :mad: Some of them push the bottom scroll bar (which isn't usually present) out so I only see half the page, if we want to see your truck, we'll ask!! I know you can probably turn them off but I enjoy seeing the specs and smallish sized photos, if I want to see wallpaper sized trucks I'll go to bigarsetruckphotos.com lol Can anything be done, perhaps a word to some, makes the forum look pretty poo........ :eek:

Cheers,
Carl

Carlwalski said:
Hey guys,

Is there any chance the Mods or Admin could put a limit on the size of signature photos? Some of them are just ridiculous!! :mad: Some of them push the bottom scroll bar (which isn't usually present) out so I only see half the page, if we want to see your truck, we'll ask!! I know you can probably turn them off but I enjoy seeing the specs and smallish sized photos, if I want to see wallpaper sized trucks I'll go to bigarsetruckphotos.com lol Can anything be done, perhaps a word to some, makes the forum look pretty poo........ :eek:

Cheers,
Carl
They will tell you to turn it off ;) :D :D :p I would make mine smaller, but you see I am computerly challenged so other people do this stuff for me. I take what I can get them I can't change it - Hmmmmmm, oh well. Good luck on your request :)

Besides, these guys on here flaunt their siggy lines like most gals flaunt their new DD's :D ;) ;) :elefant:

So, that would kinda be like asking for a breast reduction :D :nurse: :nurse: :dontknow: Sorry to ho up your thread, but it is what I do best ;) :D :p

I see, but I don't see why people should have to turn them completely off due to a dozen or so members having extremely over sized and over the top signature photos. As I said, I enjoy reading the specs and punch lines so I don't see why I should be forced to turn them off. It's not a major, major, just annoying sometimes and it's an eyesore.

Carlwalski said:
I see, but I don't see why people should have to turn them completely off due to a dozen or so members having extremely over sized and over the top signature photos. As I said, I enjoy reading the specs and punch lines so I don't see why I should be forced to turn them off. It's not a major, major, just annoying sometimes and it's an eyesore.
I am totally with you on this :rock: I get annoyed about it too :dontknow: Some people just don't get it :confused:

I had to turn them off. Sizes were too big, some gifs seemed to slow my computer down and both at home and work I had to worry about what the pics were of. Didn't want the XO or a student to walk in my office and I didn't want my kids to see some things also. I figured that if I was the one with the problem then I would just turn the sigs off.

I haven't been able to edit my signature for over a year now.

I had to turn them off just so I could browse at work

ViperJeff said:
I had to turn them off just so I could browse at work
:dito:

I turn them on over the weekend so I can see any new stuff I have missed. I really miss dom's sig though :(

We do try to get folks to limit the size of the sigs when we see that they are too big, or change them if they border the offensive. It's hard to catch them all, there are a lot of posts made here on a daily basis, and we don't always have the time to view them all.

But thanks for this reminder, I will try to stay on top of this.

Carl,

The size of signature picures and other stuff in the signature block has been a bain of contention with us since the beginning of this Forum.

We try to ask members to reduce them to a reasonable size for several reasons;

The amount of space it eats up when you are looking at a page of posts, (very annoying) looking at the same signature that is twice or more the size of the post'
These are usually the same folks that have a giant signature and reply to a thread with smilies and no or very few words.

The amount of bandwidth it takes to support the signatures and pictures.
This is one of the major things that slows the Forum down.

FSTJACK said:
Carl,

The size of signature picures and other stuff in the signature block has been a bain of contention with us since the beginning of this Forum.

We try to ask members to reduce them to a reasonable size for several reasons;

The amount of space it eats up when you are looking at a page of posts, (very annoying) looking at the same signature that is twice or more the size of the post'
These are usually the same folks that have a giant signature and reply to a thread with smilies and no or very few words.

The amount of bandwidth it takes to support the signatures and pictures.
This is one of the major things that slows the Forum down.
:top: :smokin: :vroam:

ILtemprd said:
:top: :smokin: :vroam:
:D:D:D:rock::rock::laugh::deal::girlshit::stupid::hello:

Thanks for your reply Admin & mods, nice to see you agree and keep on it as best as possible. I know this is something you do in your spare time (I also run a forum) so it's much appreciated. Admin/mods never get enough praise IMO, so, cheers lads! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

Carlwalski said:
Thanks for your reply Admin & mods, nice to see you agree and keep on it as best as possible. I know this is something you do in your spare time (I also run a forum) so it's much appreciated. Admin/mods never get enough praise IMO, so, cheers lads! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl, what kind of forum do you run? Maybe we can stop in and say "Hi"?:dontknow:

Not to take any members away (not that my site would) or "plug" my site, mine is a very small forum (330 odd members - only new) but feel free to say hi www.nzmoparforum.com It's for any and all Mopar vehicles & enthusiasts. If anyone does pop in, please don't mention my SRT10, no one in NZ knows about it, I like to keep things on the "down low" lol. :)

Carlwalski said:
Not to take any members away (not that my site would) or "plug" my site, mine is a very small forum (330 odd members - only new) but feel free to say hi www.nzmoparforum.com It's for any and all Mopar vehicles & enthusiasts. If anyone does pop in, please don't mention my SRT10, no one in NZ knows about it, I like to keep things on the "down low" lol. :)

Just waiting for your approval :D

VJ

Done! :) Have to do that, too much spam. I get like 850+ spam registrations per month, it sucks!
Remember, don't laugh at the small size of my forum, we're a good bunch of happy people, no egos on my forum. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back