Slow start with the Nitrous

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well finally made it to the track friday to test the V1R nitrous system. Started off with less than half a bottle of nitrous as the local speed shop had run out which really hurt us because with the progressive controller we really need multiple passes to set it up right. The end goal of this setup is to be able to pull decent 60' times without killing the rear end like has been a problem in the past with trucks making more power than stock.

For saftey we started out on my stock tune with the nitrous setup to start of small and slowly ramp up to the full 150shot, with a soft 3500rpm launch the 60' was terrible at 1.78 but witht eh nitrous ramping in the 1/8 mile was so-so with a [email protected] and ended up at 11.93@114. after a few more attempts we couldnt get the truck to improve any so we pulled the bottle out and set it under the hood of my wifes car to warm it up. since the bottle was out i decided to make a pass all motor just to see where it was, turned out to be an abismal [email protected](5000rpm launch bogged real bad and had a 1.80 60'), so i loaded the 93 tune back into the truck and made another pass with no cool down and it went 12.29@110mph(5000rpm launch not as bad bog 1.71 60') for the final pass of the night i went for broke and decided to spray it on the 93 tuen and just have it hit the full 150 from the get go. it got me a new PB but i know there is a TON left in it, launched at 3500rpm and hooked with a decent 1.61 60', [email protected] 1/8 mile and 11.53@117mph 1/4.

might hit the track again with a nice full bottle next week, the DA was not helping us at all either as it was 2400-2600' all night. here is the vid and a vid of the trick hidden switches....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ci2tUNhLFU]Nitrous SRT10 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7ym30AmWNc]SRT10 Nitrous switches - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds pretty good man..

What all do you have done to your 10?

You dont need a progressive with those tires, give it everything out of the hole! Mine would hold a 175 no problem on decent track prep. May have to change my signature soon....
Justin

put a heater on the bottles;)
It's got a heater, but I gotta figure out what I screwed up when I wired it up:chain:
You dont need a progressive with those tires, give it everything out of the hole! Mine would hold a 175 no problem on decent track prep. May have to change my signature soon....
Justin

The reason we went with the progressive was to try and take it easy on the rear end. As often as fatjack broke his I wanna hit it easy off the line. Wouldn't worry too much about your Sig yet, its a bit of a learning curve for me.

I definitely dig that set up!

Full bottles and a nitrous gauge to keep bottles at right psi are gonna help solve your issues bro.

It's got a heater, but I gotta figure out what I screwed up when I wired it up:chain:

The reason we went with the progressive was to try and take it easy on the rear end. As often as fatjack broke his I wanna hit it easy off the line. Wouldn't worry too much about your Sig yet, its a bit of a learning curve for me.

Yeah but FATJACK IS A RETARD
and he does stuff to small animals sexually.

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Have the spiders polished and cryoed...........

Cryo treating actually "softens" the metal a bit. the metal can handle shock load (off the line) hard launches much better. The gears will deform elastically and come back in some situations that would have chipped a tooth. ;)

Getting mine done now.

I definitely dig that set up!
You should buy one
Yeah but FATJACK IS A RETARD
and he does stuff to small animals sexually.

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet
How do you really feel about him?
Have the spiders polished and cryoed...........

Cryo treating actually "softens" the metal a bit. the metal can handle shock load (off the line) hard launches much better. The gears will deform elastically and come back in some situations that would have chipped a tooth. ;)

Getting mine done now.

Already done, rebuilt the rearend then made 3 passes and broke the throttle cable, got 6 passes this time without any breakage

Did you do the "Heat then Cryo Treatment" or the "Cryo Treatment"?

Your guess is as good as mine, NBT did them for me when I first got the truck and they sat in my spare bedroom for 5years before the rearend broke, and even then it wasn't the spiders

Your guess is as good as mine, NBT did them for me when I first got the truck and they sat in my spare bedroom for 5years before the rearend broke, and even then it wasn't the spiders

Heat then Cryo Treatment -- makes it more resistant to shock loads since the metal is a bit "softer". However, that can also increase wear of the gears, so it's not recommended for a DD or a rig that sees a lot of street miles.

Cryo Treatment -- increases the tensile strength of the gears, making them stronger overall. From my understanding the gears are between 10-30% stronger overall. This is better for a DD, but I guess it doesn't help any against shock loads.

Heat then Cryo Treatment -- makes it more resistant to shock loads since the metal is a bit "softer". However, that can also increase wear of the gears, so it's not recommended for a DD or a rig that sees a lot of street miles.

Cryo Treatment -- increases the tensile strength of the gears, making them stronger overall. From my understanding the gears are between 10-30% stronger overall. This is better for a DD, but I guess it doesn't help any against shock loads.

If they break I'm gonna get the welder out:chain:

BFG KDW-2's:drool::drool::rock::rock::D

My street tires are fine, I meant slicks or DRs if I install nitrous. I would love a set of BFGs!! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back