Snakebite Muffler

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing soundclips for these snakebite mufflers, but havent seen a picture of them, a listing for them, a website, a price or an official thread for them other than soundclips.

Are they made to order, group buy, or sitting on a shelf?
What metal are they made out of?
Who actually makes them?
Are they chambered like flowmaster and spintechs or glass/steel packed with a perforated or louvered core?
What configurations available in/out, center/offset, id/od, dual in dual out dimensions...?
How much do they actually flow?
How much do they cost shipped?
If paid today, how long till I receive?
How do I pay?

Everything is in the Vendor Section Jeff. They are $340 shipped including X -Pipe for rear exit configuration, or Side Exit plates for that configuration and its H-Piped sir. Both can be installed by your local exhaust shop with 3" ALUMINIZED PIPE. These are manufactured per my specs and are indeed chambered as I don't like the rasp of a straight through/glass packed muffler. Not everyone loves the sound of rasp but not everyone loves a deep V-10 tone my setup produces. I do stock them the both are center/offset to accept both of the Snakebite Exhaust styles. Hoping one day to acquire or sub out a mandrel bent set, maybe Stainless but for now local complete installs only or I send you the kit. Simply send a PM to order and we'll get the ball Rollin'. If you decide on Side Exit, the plates are I'm Stainless or Satin Black Powdercoat.
Thanks for your interest,
Scott

There are still a few of those questions that didnt get answered. Im assuming $340 all inclusive for two seperate mufflers with the X pipe or H -pipe for the side exit respectively? You didnt say if the side exit plates are included in the price. Also do you have a picture of the muffler and the Xpipe/H-pipe setup and a link the the thread that is in your vendor section.... because i still cant find it. I would like to see the quality of the workmanship/welds before purchase. What is the gauge and type of metal used in the muffler case?... Maryland salt will destroy shit welds and sheetmetal. Can you buy just the muffler without the x? How long after payment for receipt? Have they been flowed, if so how much?

Last edited:
There are still a few of those questions that didnt get answered. Im assuming $340 all inclusive for two seperate mufflers with the X pipe or H -pipe for the side exit respectively? You didnt say if the side exit plates are included in the price. Also do you have a picture of the muffler and the Xpipe/H-pipe setup and a link the the thread that is in your vendor section.... because i still cant find it. I would like to see the quality of the workmanship/welds before purchase. What is the gauge and type of metal used in the muffler case?... Maryland salt will destroy shit welds and sheetmetal. Can you buy just the muffler without the x? How long after payment for receipt? Have they been flowed, if so how much?

They are high quality but even like a Magnablow these will show rust around welds after being salty are. They will not decompose for many, many years. As like the others. They are painted steel case with high temp paint and can be powdercoated to sustain your type of conditions. I will check the gauge thickness as I'm not sure of the top of my head Sir. H-Pipe would be done by your exhaust shop, I include X pipe if running rear exit, or I include Side Exit plates if running side exit. No I do not know answer to flow. They indeed don't hurt my 12.1's for sure :rock:

Have not posted many pics as I wasn't ready to have it duplicated or imitated :burnout:

Indeed you're right Jeff , I have not made a sale thread on them. Thought I'd done so as we've sold them across the world but likely from those threads if clips themselves. I'll make sure and get that up. :burnout:

If you will PM me or text me a picture of the package I promise not to show anyone your secrets. Odd that the picture of your longbar is your signature though.

Through Spintech, I can get a muffler in the configuration I want made in thicker Stainless Steel at an additional cost. Do you provide this option?

Last edited:
Your chambered 16ga aluminized steel center/offset mufflers wouldnt happen to be these $27 ones would they? If they arent, can you tell me what makes yours worth the extra cost? I found a near as makes no difference identical x pipe on ebay and amazon.com for $30 too.

Flow Deflector Performance Muffler

a20791c13db19e575e29e7_m.jpg

MBSPE

Give him a little more than a minute.....................PM the people that have the product and I'm sure they would send/post some pics.................

Hawk, being a 5 year member and a daily lurker I assure you I have researched the vendors own section to find the information I was looking as a potential customer. I verified the answers were not there and the guy admitted his own shortcoming in reference to the matter. I shouldnt have to pm his customers to get answers about his product. The collection of questions I asked is purposed to not only educate me as a potential customers but also to encourage the vendor to provide answers in one thread so that other customers do not have to hunt unsuccessfully like I did and pm others. Its common business professionalism. Ironically some of the pictures I saw in those threads and the answers provided in this one pointed suspiciously to a similar product at a ridiculously cheaper price. Knowing that V1R has provided groundbreaking and state of the art products for our trucks... I was very cautious and curious to find out how his snakebite exhaust system compares to this other product.

Hawk, being a 5 year member and a daily lurker I assure you I have researched the vendors own section to find the information I was looking as a potential customer. I verified the answers were not there and the guy admitted his own shortcoming in reference to the matter. I shouldnt have to pm his customers to get answers about his product. The collection of questions I asked is purposed to not only educate me as a potential customers but also to encourage the vendor to provide answers in one thread so that other customers do not have to hunt unsuccessfully like I did and pm others. Its common business professionalism. Ironically some of the pictures I saw in those threads and the answers provided in this one pointed suspiciously to a similar product at a ridiculously cheaper price. Knowing that V1R has provided groundbreaking and state of the art products for our trucks... I was very cautious and curious to find out how his snakebite exhaust system compares to this other product.

Jeff that's not our muffler and would not know how it compares other than a universally similar gauge casing as most have. I've reasearched and personally tried many exhaust and never found the sound I wanted so I created my own. Now, as far as business professionalism, I was weary to even post as you were bashing me on other forums. :y:
http://www.vipersoftheworld.com/showthread.php?3638-quot-Snakebite-quot-Muffler
So with that said, its great "Business Practice" to choose not to even deal with you :burnout:
You can try your EBAY mufflers for $30 and ones for $100 and do your own research sir. I'm sure you'll find something that suits your taste.
I'm a one man show right now and between building beasts, answering PMs, doing quotes, shipping "Snakebite Exhausts" and other goodies, answering texts to help others fix their trucks via phone, I simply don't have time to play your games.
It's pretty simple JeffBoyette. If you like the sound, you like what I've taken the time to research on MY OWN truck, and like the looks, you try my exhaust. If you wanna harrass, belittle, and talk out your anus, that's back on your home forum, not the VTCOA.
Now...back to my Saturday night :rock:

Last edited:
Let me clarify that I have said noting on any other forum that I haven't said here. Specifically the post you are referring to is...

"Can anyone give me some insight on this so called snakebite muffler by venomous1. The whole marketing of this product is shady. No facts, no pictures, no specs, option, prices, payment method, delivery time, configurations, flow numbers... NOTHING just a bunch of threads on the sound of it, I cant find a damn thing, just some installed photos of what looks like a low quality chinese knockoff of a flowmaster 40 series.*Im building my headerback right now, an am debating heavy on a custom made stainless steel SpinTech for either rear exit or side exit. Should I stay on my current path?"

I see nothing wrong with asking you professionally and publicly as I have. I believe I have a valid and justified suspicion on the quality of this particular product you sell because of the similarities with another product and your secretive way of marketing it. It is my right and the right of every member of the community to protect ourselves as consumers and inform fellow enthusiast of the pros and cons of the products sold. Aside from the fact that you are a paying vendor, and the rightly so self preserving nature of the for profit forum owners... it is also in their best interest to be made aware of and ensure the prevention of shady business practices by its vendors as it is a reflection of what they deem acceptable.

It is no secret I am in the middle of an exhaust project and was truly interested in representing your product on my truck. This in spite of your recent unprofessional antics attempting to claim a new hydrodip pattern as your new product. When challenged by the creator you proceed to fraudulently modify peoples post on your thread to suit your initiative. I then complained in writing to shaggy to have my modified post removed. It only makes sense for the once bit twice shy approach to your business and I was giving you the opportunity to come out on top. Ironically the competitor you frequently badmouth was a bigger man and spoke highly you. I am truly surprised by how you are handling your business relations here and it reinforces my stance to claim another forum as my home. My intent in frequenting these forums is to educate myself, share the knowledge when I can, and to acquire products to improve my srt10 experience. If standing up for what is right ruffles feathers of a few unprofessional "vendors" right... then by all means, ban me for it.

Never claimed the "hydrodip" as "mine"! I said it was a new pattern. Most haven't seen it and I care less whom invented the pattern! :dontknow:
You bashing my threads won't be tolerated, really simple. You don't like my practice, move on. The sound speaks for itself and I'm very happy with the quality myself so providing it to others I'm comfortable with.
Good luck on your exhaust sir.

What's this really about Jeff? Is it the exhaust system or something else. Seems like you're trying to pick a fight for unknown reasons. Look I can see you have some valid points and they could be addressed in a non hostile professional way I.M.O. I'm also confident V1R will address all your valid questions.

Every business has it's shortcomings but I'll work with the ones that show customer service skills, character and stand behind their product.

Maybe I'm wrong in the way you came across but rest assured that there are always two sides to every story. Let's try to keep this professional.

Professional is my ongoing intent. Him editing my posts to suit his goals is not. It is disrespectful and fraudulent. After reporting it, I never even got a response. But even after dropping it, I was sincerely but cautiously going to buy this product.

I would be interested to getting this $27 dollar one and yours... and put them both on my truck for sound comparison. Ill do a proper unbiased product comparison and video them side by side for the community to see. See my point of discontent is you repeatedly and hypocritically badmouth your competition about copying someone else ideas for profit. Then secretly market some generic muffler as your mastermind design and charge ridiculously for it. No one here is a fool. Its not hard to see there is nothing magical about your muffler. I too have put 8 different mufflers, crossovers, and header combinations on my trucks and am about to fab up another. I buy quality and have no intent in using a $27 flowmaster knockoff or your $340 version of the knockoff. Sadly, if I am wrong about it all... you either got screwed miserably by your custom muffler manufacturer on overhead cost... or still managed to get it at a price this company did and can still profit with $27 price tag and both of those outcomes results in all of your customer's getting an overpriced, rusty, piece of shit product. All of this would still be okay with me as, if your customers are happy no harm no foul. But the moment I intended to become your customer and learned that you were misleading me and withholding information needed to make an informed decision, it became an issue.

Let's see what V1R says. Are you saying that V1R is marking up these $27 mufflers and calling them his own or do you have suspicions that he's doing that. If you're right then your point is legit. If you're wrong then this will be yet another drama thread that could've been avoided by communication.

Think it boils down to this if you don't like the product or the company then don't buy it reading the threads about the exhaust there are many happy customers so must be doing something right,if your not happy make your own and be happy end of

Damn, it seems I was misguided. I had the right idea but the wrong company. From your own thread...
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/usef...aust-belangers-open-headers-thru-muffs-52578/
Back in april of last year you discovered your famed chamber muffler by the means of a company called Mac Performance with their $69 unit.
MAC Flow Path Muffler, 3" Center Inlet/Offset Outlet
Since then, the video clip of this Mac muffler has been used in your subsequent snakebite threads, with you touting this is a muffler of your own design. If you are marketing and selling a manufacturer direct product under your own name, and charging more for it without getting authorization or consent for retail from that company, then once again your reputation for fraud is validated.

Ironically, every question I had is answered in full detail on the manufacturers website, and had you displayed an ounce of honesty in the matter you could have just linked their website for my reference. I guess it was easier for you to continue the lie, and run off from this thread when you were backed into a corner without a defense.

This sort of thing is exactly why I am not a "daily lurker"! I can say one thing on the matter. If I am going to research something, and/or buy something, for my custom truck, I am damn sure going to pick up the phone and talk to a living, breathing soul! Too much gets lost in translation on the computer. All of this bantering back and forth is needless and serves absolutely no purpose! I have spoken with Jeff and with Venomous,on here, on occasion, and both are good guys who mean well. I don't think that either one of them is setting out to bash the other. This stuff takes up to much time and energy!This is just the opinion from the Peanut Gallery(me)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back