So dissapointed in my B&B

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I not only did one of two boxes get shipped to Georgia by accident because of a ups error but the exhaust connections are nothing like what B&B shows on their website. I took off the magnaflow because it was a slip joint and a pain in the ads to remove everytime in need to work on the truck. I saw b&b's and like it cause they use flanges at every connection that are fastened with two bolts. What they sent me was a slip joint exhaust which basically is just like the magnaflow I just tore off except a lot more exspensive because of a little different shaped muffler. Their web site clearly shows on the srt10 a flange connecting all sections and from the tailpipe to the muffler is one piece connected by a flange! So pissed! For that I would had just left the magna blow and ordered a new muffler! I'm sending it back as soon as I call them Monday!! I'll post pics later showing what I recieved and what they show on their website! :/:/:/:/:/

I even asked the sales person and verified that the exhaust was connected by 2 bolt flanges and he said yes. This was important to me due to the fact that I am always doing something to the truck and to take off the exhaust was a pain in the ass because of the slip joints!

That sux man. Never installed a set but I'm with you on the flanges. I've had to remove/reweld my exhaust several times. Clutch, alum flywheel install, and last time a leaky slave.

That sux man. Never installed a set but I'm with you on the flanges. I've had to remove/reweld my exhaust several times. Clutch, alum flywheel install, and last time a leaky slave.
let me tell you! V flanges are actually the best when removing an exhaust. I have them for my down pipes and oooh so easy!

they had alot of complaints on the 2 bolt flanges leakin when B&B first came out with the system for our trucks, alot.

they had alot of complaints on the 2 bolt flanges leakin when B&B first came out with the system for our trucks, alot.
Well they should have updated their website and adjusted their price to reflect such. Surely not worth that much more than magnaflow. It's about $400 more and I put it side by side with my magnaflow that I took off and it's the same exact connection type and points only with a different muffler.

I have been to their location here in Phoenix. When you call make sure you talk with Billy Boat, his office is here. I wouldn't talk with a salesperson, go straight to the owner.
Good Luck & if there's anything I can help with here in Phoenix, let me know.

I loved my Magnaflow, I have one of their systems on my new vehicle already and LOVE it, Sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never saw a B&B in person but yes all the pics I've seen showed flange connections not slip on........

I have been to their location here in Phoenix. When you call make sure you talk with Billy Boat, his office is here. I wouldn't talk with a salesperson, go straight to the owner. Good Luck & if there's anything I can help with here in Phoenix, let me know.
thanks!

I loved my Magnaflow, I have one of their systems on my new vehicle already and LOVE it, Sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never saw a B&B in person but yes all the pics I've seen showed flange connections not slip on........
Same here... I had two magna flows and both not one became magna blows. Two holes in each. Santeen gave me his after my first one blew and then his didn't even last 2 month and I hardly even drive it.

I was wondering, are you are referring to their cat back ? FTRU-0438
or just their muffler.
Keep us posted, would like to know how they respond .
Thanks.

When I bought my Full B&B system I had to "adjust" mine slightly as well.

The midpipes were both too long, one longer than the other. Also, I had to have one of the muffler inlets expanded a little bit to allow the mids to fit in better. PITA

The results of the entire system are very noticeable, sounds amazing but overall i'm pretty dissatisfied with the fitment B&B.

I'm here in Phx as well. A 5-6 years ago I went to Billy Boat directly and also discovered they were no longer using flanges. Sound and flanges were the two reasons I was willing to step up to their price point. I walked out without purchasing and let them know why. Person I spoke with had no comment...

A few years later I picked up a Billy Boat system used. Had my local welder install flanges. Very happy...

Been thinking about getting the B & B but after these post, guess I'll get the mopar/borla even though im not a fan of the big oval exhaust tip.

if you have a good welder handy, v-band the joints. I did it for my long tubes. Best thing i ever did.

Been thinking about getting the B & B but after these post, guess I'll get the mopar/borla even though im not a fan of the big oval exhaust tip.

I have MOPAR long tubes, catless mids and cat back. The cat back fits like a champ and yes it has a single big exit with 2 pipes in it. The long tubes also fit perfectly. Zero issues in many, many years on my '04.

--CC

I'm sure you can take that big tip off and custom fit two tips on it.

if you have a good welder handy, v-band the joints. I did it for my long tubes. Best thing i ever did.
well that's what in thinking I'll do. I'm still gonna call them and let them know that what they are showing u will get and what u actually recieve are not the same. I needed a new exhaust system so if I return this one I'll be looking for a different one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back