So dissapointed in my B&B

I'm here in Phx as well. A 5-6 years ago I went to Billy Boat directly and also discovered they were no longer using flanges. Sound and flanges were the two reasons I was willing to step up to their price point. I walked out without purchasing and let them know why. Person I spoke with had no comment... A few years later I picked up a Billy Boat system used. Had my local welder install flanges. Very happy...
Ditto... The flanges were the main reason I was purchasing.

I was wondering, are you are referring to their cat back ? FTRU-0438 or just their muffler. Keep us posted, would like to know how they respond . Thanks.
no... I purchased a whole system minus their headers for a qc.

I had B&B headers and mid pipes... the rest was a custom set-up. I have to say the headers and mids were good quality, solid construction, and beautiful welds. Sorry that the back half sucks. Good to know.

Update on B&B exhaust. I called and talked to Mike Boat and they apologized and are gonna give me a $200 credit to purchase v-band flanges and won't void warranty because of the alteration. Atleast they stepped up and did a little something. When asked y they did away with the two bolt flanges and went slip joint he said ease of fabrication and cost. He specifically said it wasn't due to leaking.

good deal:rock::rock::rock:

did he say anything bout up dating their web site????

Last edited:
Glad it worked out for the better. Im thinking of the same install. I like the V-band setup for easy dis/ass-embly.
Was wondering about the V-band setup as the B&B slip joint pipes are different sizes.
Definitely the way to go though.

Glad it worked out for the better. Im thinking of the same install. I like the V-band setup for easy dis/ass-embly. Was wondering about the V-band setup as the B&B slip joint pipes are different sizes. Definitely the way to go though.
Took it by a local exhaust place and they are gonna put the vbands on. Slip joints are gonna be welded with ss welds then they will cut exhaust at points a few inches away from slip joints where tubing is same exact size and install v bands there. I'm not gonna put vbands at every location of slip joints. Just at locations where exhaust can be removed easier if I need to.

One would think at their price point they would be included.
Just not a fan of slip joints period. The only way to deal with them is with a torch or a BFH.
My plan is to replace and weld in ss V-band's being its a new install.
Make sure they off-set as in this pic for a good seal.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 34
One would think at their price point they would be included. Just not a fan of slip joints period. The only way to deal with them is with a torch or a BFH. My plan is to replace and weld in ss V-band's being its a new install. Make sure they off-set as in this pic for a good seal.
figure I'm gonna put ss vbands at 3 different locations on each side and they run about $20-$25 a set. Not too bad for having an exhaust that can be removed quickly.

:dong:Add one more to the VERY disappointed group, as I just put one on too since they are about the only company to offer a fit for the '06 QC without modifications. I am about to fill out the survey that come with the system and my comments will not be nice. I expected a high quality exhaust for the price, but received what is in reality the lowest quality cat-back I have ever purchased. Factory exhaust came off easily in 3 pieces, BB system went on in 8 pieces with the already-mentioned slip joints and was a PITA. Fit was not great and had leaks even after 2 hours of tweaking. Gave up and took to local exhaust shop where they cleaned up some of the cuts and tweaked some of the bends. Still leaked. Resorted to replacing supplied clamps with 2-bolt, 4" stainless clamps and seems to be okay now. Not happy about having to spend additional $300 bucks for additional clamps and local shop to spend hours trying to get system right. To top it off I have an occasional rattle from tailpipes at idle in park.:mad: On the plus side the muffler itself and the tips look very high quality and nice.

I will also try calling them to see what they have to say, but right now if I had it to do over I would certainly go with Magnaflow and make the hanger modifications.

Follow-up to my previous post. Talked to BB today and got a promise that they would look into the setup for '06 QC's to see if any design issues. They were obviously skeptical that anything could be wrong with their system and indicated they sell a lot of them without any complaints. My sense based on my experience and comments here is that they have issues with this catback system for '06 QC trucks, as the 4 piece QC extensions are the primary trouble point. Live and learn, but I will not purchase Billy Boat again based on this experience. For a positive reference, I have been extremely pleased with catbacks purchased from Solo and TNT for other Viper/SRT vehicles I own.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back