So the Factory Intake Manifold sucks.

moparracing said:
that engine that's on the top header of exotic's home webpage is in portland, oregon @ a dealership for sale for $40k - i saw it. :)

http://exoticengine.net/

maybe ya could "test" drive it & swap engines:dontknow: :burnout: :rock:

i want to see the results to im fixing to ship my intake off lol so have this done!

We have made some major changes to a production manifold that could produce some large hp gains, we will be testing on a VTCOA member's truck this week. Lets see how this comes out. Testing will be done on the dyno and track.

DC Performance
310-841-6996

Stinker said:
same same , I jsut used a different wording;)
That's rednecks for ya - cornfusing us with fancy words :p :p :D

ok my neck is sunburned from weed eating the yard at the ol lake house ,,,
does that make me a redneck:)

DC Performance said:
We have made some major changes to a production manifold that could produce some large hp gains, we will be testing on a VTCOA member's truck this week. Lets see how this comes out. Testing will be done on the dyno and track.

DC Performance
310-841-6996
I am really interested to know what the results are of this.

Bill.

This is Trainman using SRTBrads computer. The install of the ported intake took longer than expected but we did get a baseline pull on the stock intake with the new Dyno at DC Performance. The stock numbers are as follows: 496.1 HP @ 5406 RPM and 540.8 FtLbs @ 4260 RPM. Brad will be posting photos and video later. The BBK throttle body will not be ready for the test so all we will do tomorrow is install the ported intake and Dyno. The intake is absolutely beautiful , I think you will enjoy the pictures and I hope the HP gains are as good as it looks!

SrtBrad said:
This is Trainman using SRTBrads computer. The install of the ported intake took longer than expected but we did get a baseline pull on the stock intake with the new Dyno at DC Performance. The stock numbers are as follows: 496.1 HP @ 5406 RPM and 540.8 FtLbs @ 4260 RPM. Brad will be posting photos and video later. The BBK throttle body will not be ready for the test so all we will do tomorrow is install the ported intake and Dyno. The intake is absolutely beautiful , I think you will enjoy the pictures and I hope the HP gains are as good as it looks!

Dang those are big numbers for just bolt on's:confused: :dontknow:

I was thinking about sending my factory exhaust manifolds and having them extrude honed and ceramic coated:rock:

Those numbers are for the stock intake, not the ported intake. All I have are MOFO headers, race cats, magnaflow , 170 therm and a tune by DC Performance. The heads , cam , block , intake, throttle body are all stock. the numbers tomorrow will be with the ported intake. I hope SRTBrad can post some pictures showing the difference between the stock and ported intakes. What took so long today was that we were changing all the spark plug wires since the intake was off.

Here are photos of the comparison between the factory intake and the ported intake with a "diffuser " added. Also shown is the thermal coating on the mounting surface, which acts as a barrier to heat transfer.

Nov122008022.jpg

Nov122008001.jpg

Nov122008018.jpg

Nov122008010.jpg

Nov122008008.jpg

This last photo shows the mounting bolt for the diffuser, bottom of intake.

Nov122008014.jpg

Dan at DC wants to wait for the results, and report back to Form and Function Performance ( they did the work) to establish pricing through DC Performance. You can also check ffperformance.com.

Defuser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've stated that LS1 Lt1 guys put these in as upgrade why not us!

Man that hone/port really looks nice. Like a clean lava flow :)

if you install the ported intake do you have to get a new tune ,,,i will be sending out my spare intake soon and was wondering ,,,i want a tune done on dyno in macon next week ,,,and intake wont be done till december some time ,,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back