So whats Better?

2784452364u_6x424x360f_2005_dodge_ram_srt-10

I would say what is better for U is to buy what U like.ALWAYS going to be something U don't like/like, no matter what U driving. Go with what bothers U least, enjoy the ride. As for gas mileage, I have gotten 20+ mpg on roadtrips, ave 13-18 for my "normal" running around. Doesn't matter to me, didn't buy it for gas mileage, bought it for the FUN.

I would say what is better for U is to buy what U like.ALWAYS going to be something U don't like/like, no matter what U driving. Go with what bothers U least, enjoy the ride. As for gas mileage, I have gotten 20+ mpg on roadtrips, ave 13-18 for my "normal" running around. Doesn't matter to me, didn't buy it for gas mileage, bought it for the FUN.
Did you check the mileage yourself? Or go by what the computer says? My computer regularly says 18 to 22 mpg. But I can only go 250-275 miles on about 24/25 gallons.

Did you check the mileage yourself? Or go by what the computer says? My computer regularly says 18 to 22 mpg. But I can only go 250-275 miles on about 24/25 gallons.

Something sounds wrong, because I just did a 1200 mile road trip and was only getting 14.6mpg and was getting over 300 miles per tank. I have a QC

Never use computer for mileage, always use trip odometer, I have an RC which is totally different than a QC for mileage. Was just commenting on the fun factor & he should get whatever he likes best. I have averaged 19+ from Denver to Wi & back, including all my running around in between. Of course, I dont try to light em up every stoplight(hard not do BTW). I say 13-18 for normal driving, but thats still a wide swing. Some tanks u just dont do as well, others not so much. Point I wanted to make was, dont buy one of these for the fuel mileage u think u can get, u be very disappointed.

Im not worried at all about the mileage i know the QC is only gonna get 12 highway and 8 or 9 city

I can get a QC 06 with 28k miles for 31k but im just not ready for that kind of $$$ hit

I'm pretty consistent at 11-12 mpg. I'm usually never lower or higher. My on board computer is retarded though.

Overhead display tells me direction & temp. Tried playing with it for fuel info, decided if I trusted that, I 'dknow be doing alot of walking! Did find out on a couple occasions my low fuel light is spot on at approx 1.-1.5 gals left in tank. Purposely ran it down &I ended up putting 25gal in a 26gal tank. My 1500 QC low fuel light came on at approx 4.-4.5 gals!

I prefer the interior and front end of the 04/05 models... also 05 was the first year of the Quad cab... 06 is based on the 2500 frame so it's heavier and sometimes presents an issue with long tube header install. Have fun with your search!

I like the 06 headlights. But if I had an 06 I wouldn't have been able to buy the black headlights from BADAMS. :eek:

i have a paxton with 112,000 miles on the engine and tranny, no rebuilds. still running strong, and of course the best color..

I have an 06 and love it! The 06 does I believe weight a little more because of changes to the frame. Also the 06 fuel tank is larger. 34 gal I believe so your driving distance is a little better. Think of it this way.... If you mod it and do some major hp increase the frame will tolerate it better. :d

04 is the FIRST year. 05 had some improvements in brakes. I prefer the first year for the keepsake value.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back