SoCal GTG - Important Cancelled/Postponed

Who will be here?

• Total voters
The 12th isn't written in stone yet. I need to check dates with my OL too hehehe. But it will need to be somewhere in that time frame, maybe that weekend or the one after that. I think I will start a poll again, it helped schedule it last time.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
how about sometime in the next 6 days .. :) ... ill be in la for a few ..
Well, if you got time for an hour trip and feel like a beer or something let me know. In fact, I'll be out and about tomorrow, might be able to meet somewhere for a liquid lunch hehehe.

SrtBrad said:
Now it will be twice and yes I got your PM. Just got home so I'll respond in a bit.

12th may work, is there a place to crash, because its over 5 hours away:dontknow:

BurntRubber said:
12th may work, is there a place to crash, because its over 5 hours away:dontknow:

You're welcome to go slumming in Beverly Hills with the wife and I or maybe someone else has a closer place.:dontknow: I'm guessing OCBob's place might creep you out.;) :D

Lemme know when and where....I'll do my best to make it....

Please try to make it a Sunday if that's not a burden to anyone else.....

D

I'm in for sure....................

Great food (Bob does cook wonderful food if you have not had it before)good folks and a lot of laughts.

I am open for just about anytime so I can go with the flow.

Thanks Bob.

Okay - I've been trying for awhile now to make it over to a west coast gtg - the last one failed for me, but with everything going on - I so need a vacation!!!!
Okay - so here are my questions:
1. Bob - where is it that you live?
2. If I fly into San Diego is that close by?
3. When I fly in - is there someone willing to pick me up and drop me back off?
4. Exactly what day are you guys looking at??

I used to live in Reno NV and was always wanting to move to CA - so why not make it more appeasing to me and show me how many great people there are there :D

I'm not promising anything at this moment - I need more details - but it so would be awesome!!!! It mostly just depends on what I have going on :D

Please let me know :D

:love: :turtle:

Turtle said:
Okay - I've been trying for awhile now to make it over to a west coast gtg - the last one failed for me, but with everything going on - I so need a vacation!!!!

I used to live in Reno NV and was always wanting to move to CA - so why not make it more appeasing to me and show me how many great people there are there :D

I'm not promising anything at this moment - I need more details - but it so would be awesome!!!! It mostly just depends on what I have going on :D

Hey Alex-
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that would be awesome! Might even be enough to drag Denise and Jerry off the hill hehe.

As far as your questions go:
1. I am in Wildomar, south Riverside County, just north of the San Diego County line.

2. San Diego works, but you also have your choice of some other airports. Ontario, Orange County, and even LAX would probably work.

3. I am sure that we can get you a ride to/from the airport.

4. Looking at the 12th or 19th of July right now, if you have a preference let us know.

Really hope that it works out, it would be cool to meet you.

Turtle said:

Alex the Boss and I are welcoming you to stay with us during your visit to Socal. We will be happy to pick you up from LAX (the closest airport to us). Bob's house is about 70 miles away from us. Unless there is someone closer to BOB that is willing to help our offer stands.

Brad and Jayme.

Alright - it's Monday and the weekend is over :(

I checked back into flights again this morning - seems as though they've already gone up - but I'm going to decide on something by this Wednesday!

Boss is being a total dickhead - so it may be better for me to stop by on the 19th, but I don't want to be a burden to anything. If someone can't make it at that time, but would prefer the 12th - then I'll just have to catch the next. It just seems like a West Coast GTG is so scarce. Definitely not as frequent as the crazy southern boys :D :D

I'll let you all know how it's looking over the next couple of days :eek:

:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Alright everybody, we need to shore up the date for this so that out of towners can make their travel arrangements. Either date works great for me, looks like most folks would like the 12th.

Is there anybody that cannot make the 12th? Is there anybody that cannot make the 19th? Just trying to figure out which is best. We need to get answers by tomorrow, I will be making a decision then so that Alex can get working on her tickets.

OK, let's make it the 19th. Gives me an extra week to get ready too heheh. Seems like that will give the folks that want to come in from out of town the best chance of getting here.

I don't want to hear any excuses from the SoCal folks, this is more than a month away, plenty of time to make arrangements.

I am going to change the poll on this thread. I want to try to get a pretty accurate count of people showing up, so I know how much meat I need to throw in the smoker.

I'll be serving pulled pork, and probably some brisket too. I will also most likely have some beans on the side and some kind of appetizers, we usually go with stuffed jalapenos and pig candy (mmmmmmmm).

If anybody wants to bring any other sides, apps, or dessert, feel free but don't feel like you have to. I always make more than enough food.

I might get the kegerator filled before then, if not you will have to bring your own beer. I'll know for sure as we get a little closer.

Looking forward to it.

OK, I just had to redo the poll again, for some reason it didn't delete some of the names on the new fields. HDVIPER, you will need to vote again. I think it should be working correctly now. Sorry for the hassle.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back