Something concerning

When I first bought the 10 and decided to ask the dealer about band adjustments.. he told me that there were no band adjustments anymore . Hahaha ! I knew better ! Just another reason NOT TO GO TO A DEALER FOR ANYTHING .
The last transmission on the planet with adjustable bands.

The 48RE is BARELY strong enough to survive much beyond the basic stuff typically done to engines.
They can however be built with tough parts to last for a long time.
There is a reason the QCs had such a lame tune.
I will,always be partial on the 727 and the 904 Torqueflights .

I have a bad feeling it's dynamite for the gray whale! No news isn't usually good news in these cases and I'm not finding any updates. Poor creature.

There have recently been several entangled whales / Right whales on the eastern Coast also. Damn it sucks being a whale these days!

I remember guys in the Stock/Super Stock classes using 904 innards in the 727 cases as they didn't sack as much power. And the 904 used a 2.77 gearset for quicker launches.
I never knew that … heck my super duper explosion proof 225 slant 6 duster with the 904 never had any problems except replacing body panels .. and was my learning to repair and do maintenance to start my career at 16 years old .. I found fixing things was a natural thing for me .. I remember the first time removing the 904 and give a good going over rebuild sort of hahaha … I didn’t have the proper tools back then but still made it work hahaha ! The only problem was getting the trans removed .. you know laying under the car on Jack stands in those days .. the problem was I couldn’t get the trans to release from the engine .. I even tied a long rope to it and pulled like a ______________. With everything I had ..
well after scratching my head and double and triple checking that all the bell housing bolts and linkages where disconnected I finally figured it out hahaha .. Can you guess what the problem was ?
It was a live and learn soaked in pink trans fluid time but learned fast hahah !
It was my first shift kit instal and replaced the clutches since they were toaste pretty bad . After all done it turned out great and only had regular trans services till it was smashed by a pickup truck while I was sitting at a stop light … but heck 6 accidents with that car , none my fault … and the final insurance payout gave me more than I originally paid for the car …of course back in those days my annual insurance premium was $110.00 with GIECO ! That was when they were a Government insurance company. What was that Archie Bunker “ THOSE WERE THE DAYS “ hahaha

I have a bad feeling it's dynamite for the gray whale! No news isn't usually good news in these cases and I'm not finding any updates. Poor creature.

There have recently been several entangled whales / Right whales on the eastern Coast also. Damn it sucks being a whale these days!
Don’t forget all the windmills being added to the oceans killing the whales and birds .. can you imagine a flock of migrating birds when the try to navigate eth rough thos fan blades .. I’ll bet that’s a site to see :eek:

Don’t forget all the windmills being added to the oceans killing the whales and birds .. can you imagine a flock of migrating birds when the try to navigate eth rough thos fan blades .. I’ll bet that’s a site to see :eek:
What's wrong with the so called smart psople???? NO BRAINS NO PAINS!!

If you're going to Hoe up a thread on an SRT-10 Forum, you might as well change the topic to whales.
That's what I think.
But heck they have some commonalities ,,, they are big and powerfully powerful, different colors like black and blue whales and trucks . They both have oil in them hmmm anything to add hahaha !

What's wrong with the so called smart psople???? NO BRAINS NO PAINS!!
That’s a real question … But my answer is the ones they call smart , ARE NOT SMART !

I never knew that … heck my super duper explosion proof 225 slant 6 duster with the 904 never had any problems except replacing body panels .. and was my learning to repair and do maintenance to start my career at 16 years old .. I found fixing things was a natural thing for me .. I remember the first time removing the 904 and give a good going over rebuild sort of hahaha … I didn’t have the proper tools back then but still made it work hahaha ! The only problem was getting the trans removed .. you know laying under the car on Jack stands in those days .. the problem was I couldn’t get the trans to release from the engine .. I even tied a long rope to it and pulled like a ______________. With everything I had ..
well after scratching my head and double and triple checking that all the bell housing bolts and linkages where disconnected I finally figured it out hahaha .. Can you guess what the problem was ?
It was a live and learn soaked in pink trans fluid time but learned fast hahah !
It was my first shift kit instal and replaced the clutches since they were toaste pretty bad . After all done it turned out great and only had regular trans services till it was smashed by a pickup truck while I was sitting at a stop light … but heck 6 accidents with that car , none my fault … and the final insurance payout gave me more than I originally paid for the car …of course back in those days my annual insurance premium was $110.00 with GIECO ! That was when they were a Government insurance company. What was that Archie Bunker “ THOSE WERE THE DAYS “ hahaha
No more pink showers!!! Hahahaha

But heck they have some commonalities ,,, they are big and powerfully powerful, different colors like black and blue whales and trucks . They both have oil in them hmmm anything to add hahaha !
Good points!! Minus two up yourses lol

Laying on my back, I can't get far enough away from the vehicle anymore to see what I'm doing (eyesight).
Aughh, yes, hot(ish) transmission fluid running into your armpits...
Some (many??) of us learned by taking stuff apart and hopefully getting it back together! Those WERE the days!

Yes they were ,l I’m in the same boat ,, I’m more worried about getting out from under the truck after changing the oil now .. sometime takes me longer that the oil change just to stand up hahaha !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back