Sorry I have been missing...

Dale, I have been following these posts all along and let me say one thing:
You are one strong MOFO!:rock: :rock: To be able to mentally handle all this is amazing. I dont know how I would react in this situation and I hope I will never have to either. God Bless and Good luck.

BTW let me say something about your training goals. I hope you do both and wish you all the best BUT..... a strength goal such as the one you outlined AND the aerobic goal, require two different and opposite pathways of training which dont really complement one another. I mean the bench press goal is certainly doable but that bike ride?:confused: ... WHOA...thats a very very heavy aerobic effort which is taxing for anyone . Trained or NOT ! Over 100 miles with 7500 vertical feet of climbing? Thats comparable to one of the mountain stages of the TDF! Its an event where you train down lose wieght , BULK and get fit. Thats what I meant about about conflicting. It also might be very taxing given your chemo program which should take precedence over this.
If you want to ramble on this subject start shootin! I have entered Bike races and tri competitions all over the country. Again GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
nycstev said:
Dale, I have been following these posts all along and let me say one thing:
You are one strong MOFO!:rock: :rock: To be able to mentally handle all this is amazing. I dont know how I would react in this situation and I hope I will never have to either. God Bless and Good luck.

BTW let me say something about your training goals. I hope you do both and wish you all the best BUT..... a strength goal such as the one you outlined AND the aerobic goal, require two different and opposite pathways of training which dont really complement one another. I mean the bench press goal is certainly doable but that bike ride?:confused: ... WHOA...thats a very very heavy aerobic effort which is taxing for anyone . Trained or NOT ! Over 100 miles with 7500 vertical feet of climbing? Thats comparable to one of the mountain stages of the TDF! Its an event where you train down lose wieght , BULK and get fit. Thats what I meant about about conflicting. It also might be very taxing given your chemo program which should take precedence over this.
If you want to ramble on this subject start shootin! I have entered Bike races and tri competitions all over the country. Again GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the support. I certainly understand the conflicting goals. I was a powerlifter for years. The only part of my goal that is in real jeopardy is the 365 by next summer. That portion will be during the build up for the STP ride. As for the 335 by end of year, well that should be easily attainable assuming chemo ends in September. But like you touched on, surviving chemo (beating CANCER) is the number one goal. Everything else takes a back seat to that. So while I love goals, I am realistic enough to modify my goals on the fly to match reality.

So assuming the Cancer goal is attained and I have to choose between the STP and the bench goal, I will sacrifice the bench goal as the aerobics will be healthier for my overall health. That is a missed goal I could live with if I had to. But till it becomes a choice I will pursue both. Most of the bench goal is just retouching weights I have already done in the past. It should be a piece of cake :). If nothing else it gives me things to think about that are more fun than the vomiting and nausea that has taken over most of my time during treatment.

I guess I just like challenges :)

Dale don't pay a lot of attention to Steve, he is a scrawny little guy he should be able to bicycle up Pikes Peak!!:D :D :D

You have already amazed all of us with your ability to accomplish anything you want!!

Dale, I know you can do anything you set your mind to do. You have come this far, you can reach your goals.

Bill.

FATJACK said:
Dale don't pay a lot of attention to Steve, he is a scrawny little guy he should be able to bicycle up Pikes Peak!!:D :D :D
Jack.. if you lost a few pounds I think that would finally put you in the 11 second bracket.:D :p ;)

Last edited:
It has been an interesting week so far. Monday was supposed to be my workout, but my partner is off for a few weeks with a new baby. But the big reason for missing my workout was due to a lack of energy. I decided it was better to let it go and save the energy for my treatment yesterday. I think I made the right call.

The treatment was Hell. I managed not to vomit at this treatment by using air freshener in the bath room. The smell of the chemo in the urine has been the vomit trigger. However, by not vomiting, I still never found relief for the feeling. So for now I am stuck with this urge to get sick. I am not sure if I should just go let it go or keep on and let nature take its course. All I can say is I am glad I only have one more treatment to go.

Glad you didn't puke Dale!

Sounds like your ordeal is about over! I am sure that you will be very relieved not to have to go back to that clinic!!

Can't wait for your "All Clear" report!!

How's the truck coming along??

Dale...you are two weeks from completion...I bet if you needed to you could do two weeks standing on your head in a room full of shit...focus on the the end point. We are so proud of you...

Roy

Only 1 more treatment is great news. Keep on fighting. I want to watch you ride that bike into Portland. Dinner will be on me.

My PET Scan is scheduled for Oct 1st. The review of the scan is schedueld for Oct 6th. So I should be declared cancer free on the 6th :) Party scheduling to follow.... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back