Spark plugs?

I refuse to run champion in any of my rides.
My 2006 Charger and 2007 300 both have a Bosh Platnium plugs and I was planning on runing them in the SRT when I'm ready to do a plug job.

I refuse to run champion in any of my rides.
My 2006 Charger and 2007 300 both have a Bosh Platnium plugs and I was planning on runing them in the SRT when I'm ready to do a plug job.

What would your reason be?

Don't you think that Chrysler would've chosen Bosch or NGK if it was a superior plug in our $20,000 engines?? First thing Chrysler thinks of is power!! They won't let a plug that's inferior ruin their reputation with public consumers, racing classes, SCCA, IHRA, etc. It's also chosen based on wear and longevity of performance. Ma Mopar wouldn't want to be constantly changing plugs unde warranty for 36-50,000 miles therefore a little research is done on plugs believe it or not. Copper plugs are indeed old technology but ya know what? It's still the best plug for our combustion chamber design and compression.
Again, see what the fastest NA trucks/Cars were running and you'll likely find Champion.
Now going to Nitrous or FI and running colder plugs, I use NGK ZFR6-11 as they still produce a great spark when shrouded further inside combustion chamber and still burn clean. Champion also has colder heat ranges as well but way harder to find so NGK it is on our FI/Nitrous applications.
Hope this makes a lil sense, lol :bird:

Last edited:
Don't you think that Chrysler would've chosen Bosch or NGK if it was a superior plug in our $20,000 engines?? First thing Chrysler thinks of is power!! They won't let a plug that's inferior ruin their reputation with public consumers, racing classes, SCCA, IHRA, etc. It's also chosen based on wear and longevity of performance. Ma Mopar wouldn't want to be constantly changing plugs u see warranty for 36-50,000 miles therefore a little research is done on plugs believe it or not. Copper plugs are indeed old technology but ya know what? It's still the best plug for our combustion chamber design and compression.
Again, see what the fastest NA trucks/Cars were running and you'll likely find Champion.
Now going to Nitrous or FI and running colder plugs, I use NGK ZFR6-11 as they still produce a great spark when shrouded further inside combustion chamber and still burn clean. Champion also has colder heat ranges as well but way harder to find so NGK it is on our FI/Nitrous applications.
Hope this makes a lil sense, lol :bird:

Awwww that's cute...so was ma mopars decision to go cast pistons based on performance or longevity?? I could type a whole paragraph, silly tho...You are forgetting one factor COST...witch is the single most important factor in a manufacturer selecting out sourced components....just like most of the elect junk ma mopar uses.....longevity of performance lol, sounds like snake oil to me!!!

What would your reason be?

Had bad luck with champions fouling up in the past. And champion is the ONLY plug that I have had bust off while trying to remove from an engine.

I've yet to have any bad luck with the Bosh and they look like new every time I check them.
Ran a set if them for over 100k miles in my 1992 Buick Lesabre

For the record, I have tried the "Saturday afternoon TV ads spark plugs" I'm the past with little to no results. Titanium, Stainless, Platinum, Unobtainium( lmao),
Dual ground electrodes, triple and even 4 strap ground plugs, v-notched, etc, etc and never found those to be better than a $2.00 Champion, Delco,auto lite or Bosch plug except at emptying the bank account more .
Any of you ever lose a platinum tip from a plug? I've seen many!! Where did it go? That's right, banging into your combustion chamber, rings, cylinder walls, then if your lucky out the exhaust! Yes it's a small tiny tip of platinum, but it does do damage ;)
A copper plug will never to that :chain:

Had bad luck with champions fouling up in the past. And champion is the ONLY plug that I have had bust off while trying to remove from an engine.

I've yet to have any bad luck with the Bosh and they look like new every time I check them.
Ran a set if them for over 100k miles in my 1992 Buick Lesabre

funny you say that, a customer brought in a 1969 JD 4020 this morning...all 6 champions broke off...hes not one of our local hacks either...I know iknow...the ones they make for the viper are extra special!!!

Awwww that's cute...so was ma mopars decision to go cast pistons based on performance or longevity?? I could type a whole paragraph, silly tho...You are forgetting one factor COST...witch is the single most important factor in a manufacturer selecting out sourced components....just like most of the elect junk ma mopar uses.....longevity of performance lol, sounds like snake oil to me!!!

Maybe you should entertain buying a ford and do a quality check since you're unhappy with your Viper?
Cast pistons will last a million miles with no problem bro? They've done it on countless brand manufacturers! Will they hold up once you start modding heavily? No!! That wasn't the manufacturers intent ;)

Hmm.. Mobil 1 factory fill oil, aluminum heads, aluminum block, TRW brakes, Pirelli tires, Bilstein Shocks....a whole list of cheap "junk" Mopar used.
Once again, mine and many others have surpassed 100,000 with routine maintaining of what we were given and guess what? Still kickin!
Haha! Snake Oil again huh? Lmfao
Maybe it makes you feel better picking on elder
members to make you feel better about your lack of intelligence ?:dontknow:

Last edited:
funny you say that, a customer brought in a 1969 JD 4020 this morning...all 6 champions broke off...hes not one of our local hacks either...I know iknow...the ones they make for the viper are extra special!!!

Sounds like most of y'all's (2 of you) problems are due to mechanics lacking simple knowledge of spark plug install torque! Or using improper socket to remove plugs. There's more factors to a batch of broken plugs, lol. Fouled plugs? Hmmm... Possibly getting way too much fuel and you expect the plug to be happy? C'mon man use your knowledge!

Maybe you should entertain buying a ford and do a quality check since you're unhappy with your Viper?
Cast pistons will last a million miles with no problem bro? They've done it on countless brand manufacturers! Will they hold up once you start modding heavily? No!! That wasn't the manufacturers intent ;)

Hmm.. Mobil 1 factory fill oil, aluminum heads, aluminum block, TRW brakes, Pirelli tires, Bilstein Shocks....a whole list of cheap "junk" Mopar used.
Once again, mine and many others have surpassed 100,000 with routine maintaining of what we were given and guess what? Still kickin!
Haha! Snake Oil again huh? Lmfao
Maybe it makes feel better picking on elder
members to make you feel better about your lack of intelligence ?:dontknow:

I said nothing about being unhappy with my viper...if these million mile cast pistons you talk about last so long then why do I see 20k stock motors with ring lands broken?....Let me know when you come out of your little dream world scott

Who would have thought a $2 spark plug would cause such a heated debate?

I said nothing about being unhappy with my viper...if these million mile cast pistons you talk about last so long then why do I see 20k stock motors with ring lands broken?....Let me know when you come out of your little dream world scott

Because they tried junk plugs, junk tune, 87 octane gas, bad plug wire, spraying a ton with no knowledge, boosting with no knowledge the variables go on and on. Ok I'm awake now :D

Fouled plugs? Hmmm... Possibly getting way too much fuel and you expect the plug to be happy? C'mon man use your knowledge!

So why weren't the Bosh's plugged when removed on the same car?

Some plugs are just crap. And that been my experience with champion. I've had people tell me the same thing about Bosh. 6 to one half dozen to another

I deal with this stuff everyday. It's called brand loyalty. I take crap for working at a GM store and driving 3 Chrysler products. But I've had great luck with dodge no reason to change yet. Same with the plugs.

Because they tried junk plugs, junk tune, 87 octane gas, bad plug wire, spraying a ton with no knowledge, boosting with no knowledge the variables go on and on. Ok I'm awake now :D

Pay attention....I said stock motors..You know as well as I do that more stock motors went boom than should have!!!

Pay attention....I said stock motors..You know as well as I do that more stock motors went boom than should have!!!

I'm talking stock ENGINES! I believe most issues incurred were from what I posted! People boost, spray and up compression in STOCK ENGINES all the time!
Do you know how many of these "Stock" 2nd,3rd,and more owner trucks were sprayed, boosted, abused prior to new owner getting it and popping hood saying " Wow it's stock, never been modded, I shall buy it!"??
Many, many! I've seen hundreds of threads, a few trucks in person, and the daily stories of a member/owner selling all of his parts off his modded SRT-10 prior to selling! They want to resell their mod parts for more money or they want engine to look unmolested.
This happens on any vehicle, but especially cars/trucks that are historically modded when owned.

You can buy a used Subaru STI that was boosted to 30 psi for only 5,000 miles, then returned to bone stock. Do you think it's internals are fine?

Time for you to "wake up" to what's really going on ;)
Champion Spark Plugs FTMFW, bwahaha :rofl:

For the record, I have tried the "Saturday afternoon TV ads spark plugs" I'm the past with little to no results. Titanium, Stainless, Platinum, Unobtainium( lmao),
Dual ground electrodes, triple and even 4 strap ground plugs, v-notched, etc, etc and never found those to be better than a $2.00 Champion, Delco,auto lite or Bosch plug except at emptying the bank account more .
Any of you ever lose a platinum tip from a plug? I've seen many!! Where did it go? That's right, banging into your combustion chamber, rings, cylinder walls, then if your lucky out the exhaust! Yes it's a small tiny tip of platinum, but it does do damage ;)
A copper plug will never to that :chain:

I would think a person with as much knowledge as yourself wouldn't even waste their time on the gimmic plugs??? funny I didn't have to buy any of them to find out they were crap...Well I guess you just happen to fit in that target market audience....or your just a fool.....some more snake oil at work...

I would think a person with as much knowledge as yourself wouldn't even waste their time on the gimmic plugs??? funny I didn't have to buy any of them to find out they were crap...Well I guess you just happen to fit in that target market audience....or your just a fool.....some more snake oil at work...

Yup I tried a few personally, as well as customers that had to try them for over 20 years ;) of turning wrenches so yeah I've personally experienced most of the Snake Oil plugs out there.
You're correct, I'm a fool for wasting time arguing about plugs to a guy who can't remove a plug. Lol
I like to personally test products before saying it actually does what advertises. Not just go by here say as most.

Yup I tried a few personally, as well as customers that had to try them for over 20 years ;) of turning wrenches so yeah I've personally experienced most of the Snake Oil plugs out there.
You're correct, I'm a fool for wasting time arguing about plugs to a guy who can't remove a plug. Lol
I like to personally test products before saying it actually does what advertises. Not just go by here say as most.

cant remove a plug?? what are you even talking about? I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MYSELF HAVING PROBLEMS REMOVING PLUGS..Is this a Texan thing to bring up irrelevant made up situations when you are loosing an argument?

If you would just take the time to read before you get defensive, you would understand ( based on what I typed) that I have had a ton of problems with champion plugs, I also said that they are trouble free in our motors...just answer me one question scott; you tried the gimmick plugs they didn't work so you didn't go back....after having the trouble that ive had with champions WHY WOULD I SPEND MY MONEY WITH THEM?

Last edited:
cant remove a plug?? what are you even talking about?

If you would just take the time to read before you get defensive, you would understand ( based on what I typed) that I have had a ton of problems with champion plugs, I also said that they are trouble free in our motors...just answer me one question scott; you tried the gimmick plugs they didn't work so you didn't go back....after having the trouble that ive had with champions WHY WOULD I SPEND MY MONEY WITH THEM?

That's a much better no bashing post!
As long as the same metal for a conductor is used it all boils down to slight variations in plug electrode depth, strap depth, electrode diameter, even on what books say Cross Reference as same plug from diff manufacturers. A certain combustion chamber design ( vary from manufacturers and engine style) like a certain plug!
If your 1983 Honda Big Red 3 wheeler had a Denso( likely) or NGK (also likely) it should've been replaced with same plug, not a Champion. Guess that's my best lay explanation. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back