Spark plugs?

mr.goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you've read the thread on the plug wire fiasco, you know I'm still learning this truck. I've been a fan of NGK TR 55/6 plugs for a long while now. When I got to NAPA I asked if the TR 55 would work and they said yes and sold them to me. I pull a plug on the truck and its a champion with a fire ring. My NGK plugs are beveled no fire ring. The question is "Am I good to go?"

So if you've read the thread on the plug wire fiasco, you know I'm still learning this truck. I've been a fan of NGK TR 55/6 plugs for a long while now. When I got to NAPA I asked if the TR 55 would work and they said yes and sold them to me. I pull a plug on the truck and its a champion with a fire ring. My NGK plugs are beveled no fire ring. The question is "Am I good to go?"

No Go back and get the Champion RC12ECC :rock:

I did NGK's when i did the coils and wires this year, so far so good, but listen to Scott(V1R), he knows his stuff and helps all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helped me quite a bit, even when I text him on weekend evenings......

I believe Scott I just wanted to whine. I have found out NGK does make a plug for our truck. But the tr55 won't work. It's a NGK 3459

Something happen to you with the Champion brand?:dontknow:

Well ill start off in my childhood..Found out quickly that a brand new $2.00 champion plug would last half a day in anything 2 stroke...also would foul in my 4 stroke big red....big red still has the last ngk i installed in 1989 (seriously)..fast foward 10 years ago, when the shop i work for is slow i go to the mower shop and grab the next thing in the rack, and put it this way...ive had too many problems with champion plugs since then to EVER use one in anything i own...

Well ill start off in my childhood..Found out quickly that a brand new $2.00 champion plug would last half a day in anything 2 stroke...also would foul in my 4 stroke big red....big red still has the last ngk i installed in 1989 (seriously)..fast foward 10 years ago, when the shop i work for is slow i go to the mower shop and grab the next thing in the rack, and put it this way...ive had too many problems with champion plugs since then to EVER use one in anything i own...

:five: :top: I agree.

i'm runnin the Pulse Stars now.

OK???lol:ridinghorse::ridinghorse:

Viper injected asked why i didnt like the champions....sure they seem to be trouble free for the most part in out 10s....but after the silly things i seen champion plugs do i just have to stay away.....personal.

Champions only in the truck, the end!

I believe Scott I just wanted to whine. I have found out NGK does make a plug for our truck. But the tr55 won't work. It's a NGK 3459

Ya, your right. Scott don't know nuting. Hahaha :D

He put Champion in my truck at 19K and at 52k+ they are still firing and look great when inspected. But whose to say, didn't know our beast actually were 2 stroke. :dontknow:

Ya, your right. Scott don't know nuting. Hahaha :D

He put Champion in my truck at 19K and at 52k+ they are still firing and look great when inspected. But whose to say, didn't know our beast actually were 2 stroke. :dontknow:

I was simply explaining why I wouldn't use champions based on bad experience, and furthermore I only mentioned one thing two stroke....ok pops, you can go back to swingn on scotts nutts!!

I also failed to mention I had problems with champion plugs in other cars and trucks...tt fox body mustang would foul a set sitting at a stop light, I learned a lot from that particular car, and if I would have just tried a different plug mfg I would have saved my self hundreds of dollars and hrs of time....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back