Spark plugs?

That's a much better no bashing post!
As long as the same metal for a conductor is used it all boils down to slight variations in plug electrode depth, strap depth, electrode diameter, even on what books say Cross Reference as same plug from diff manufacturers. A certain combustion chamber design ( vary from manufacturers and engine style) like a certain plug!
If your 1983 Honda Big Red 3 wheeler had a Denso( likely) or NGK (also likely) it should've been replaced with same plug, not a Champion. Guess that's my best lay explanation. :)

the small engine stuff was just before I had any experience in automotive...later in life I had countless problems with champions FE TT motor, mopar wedge would melt champion plugs like cannon wicks...fast forward to now and back 10 years,you would be amazed at the champion failures ive encountered working on small engines...and I only use oem or equivalent...

the small engine stuff was just before I had any experience in automotive...later in life I had countless problems with champions FE TT motor, mopar wedge would melt champion plugs like cannon wicks...fast forward to now and back 10 years,you would be amazed at the champion failures ive encountered working on small engines...and I only use oem or equivalent...

Kinda goes back to the OP though man! He wanted plug recommendations for his SRT-10 and I stand by my original post stating
Champion Copper plugs that've been around since Henry Fo.., lol

My LS engines only get NGK or Delco. Never even tried a Champion nor will I. I know what works with their chambers.

Last edited:
Kinda goes back to the OP though man! He wanted plug recommendations for his SRT-10 and I stand by my original post stating
Champion Copper plugs that've been around since Henry Fo.., lol

and the only reason I explained why I didn't like them is because someone asked...I also stated that it was just my personal preference ....just like I said that they seem to be trouble free in our engines...

lets face it you just got butt hurt when I talked about your number one fan...shorty...because if you would have read the entire thread you would have understood that its just personal for me, im not trying to say that the champion plug is the worst for everything...But I will say after the problems ive seen with them in countless engines Id have a hard time spending my money with them..

Last edited:
I enjoyed the conversation

:eating: :rock: :dontknow: :beerglass:

great discussion , that's why i like this forum so much , LOL :D

i have a question for both guys....
here in Europe alot of us drive the Viperengine on LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) , because prices of gas are 4 to 5 times more expensive then in the USA.

i drive the truck on LPG mostly for cruisin , and put it on high octane fuel for playing , 100+m/h and once a year to do 8 to 12 runs at the track.

what sparkplug do u recomment ?

great discussion , that's why i like this forum so much , LOL :D

i have a question for both guys....
here in Europe alot of us drive the Viperengine on LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) , because prices of gas are 4 to 5 times more expensive then in the USA.

i drive the truck on LPG mostly for cruisin , and put it on high octane fuel for playing , 100+m/h and once a year to do 8 to 12 runs at the track.

what sparkplug do u recomment ?

We don't mess with LPG much round here but I imagine it would be better off with a titanium, platinum or silver electrode for better ignition of the more liqufied type mixture. Brisk plug makes some for some utility company truck conversions I've seen.

ngk here had a wire break at about 20k miles so upgraded wires when removing the wires 2 of the original sparkplugs the ceramic was broke on put in the ngk never looked back 64k miles now no issues.

ngk here had a wire break at about 20k miles so upgraded wires when removing the wires 2 of the original sparkplugs the ceramic was broke on put in the ngk never looked back 64k miles now no issues.

im surprised we dont see more ceramic cracked on champions (for our trucks) i find about half of them cracked..Ive even went as far as looking brfore removal on some engines, just to rule out the chance of cracking during removal...What a wonder, visiable cracks before even touching them..:D:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back