SRT-10 A daily driver?

5280SRT10

Reaction score
Well, my daily driver (2006 dodge 15000) just left me on the side of the road. Fortunately in front of my house. Now my newly acquired 2005 SRT-10 will temporarily need to be my daily driver. I'm a disabled person so It's not like I need to commute in it to go to work. I'll just use it to run errands like going to the LGS to buy ammo or pick up a new shootin' iron.:D I haven't driven it a lot till now. Other than the relatively bad fuel mileage, is there anything I need to watch for or prepare for?

It has a little over 43,000 miles and I don't think the auto-trans has been serviced at all.

I have not had any issues with my truck (59k miles) as a daily driver at all and I abuse it every so often. They are not just pretty and fast, but very dependable trucks.

Don't know about the tranny service. Had mine rebuilt at 45,000 and at 104,000 have not touched it. No band adjustment or fluid change. :dontknow: Do have one problem----WOT way too often but that seems to go with the territory. Just really hard not to challenge anybody that smiles. :D

I drive mine every single day running for parts for my shop and such. My kids enjoy it as much as I do!:D

I've used mine as my daily for 5 years.

Luckily I get free gas.

Otherwise it has been extremely reliable.

I have had three of these trucks all been daily drivers I've racked up over 200000 miles in 10,s they like to drink apart from that really reliable..

Thewelshm

I live in Denver, and bought mine September 2014 - it has been my Daily Driver since then, even through the winter! Besides oil cooler and PS lines, mine hasn't skipped a beat - fingers crossed!!

Mine is my daily driver, too, but I'm probably not a good example because I'm retired and don't commute anywhere. Less than 5k the past (nearly) 12 months. Nothing compares to this truck, but for normal use the wife's MB is just nicer to drive, and as much as I hate to say it, almost as fast. Key word almost.

I live in Denver, and bought mine September 2014 - it has been my Daily Driver since then, even through the winter! Besides oil cooler and PS lines, mine hasn't skipped a beat - fingers crossed!!

Good news! I need to replace a PS pressure hose too. Did you have to go to the stealership to find new ones?

Mine is my daily driver, too, but I'm probably not a good example because I'm retired and don't commute anywhere. Less than 5k the past (nearly) 12 months. Nothing compares to this truck, but for normal use the wife's MB is just nicer to drive, and as much as I hate to say it, almost as fast. Key word almost.

MB? I'm drawing a blank. All I can think of is mini-bike but I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Never mind...is it Mercedes Benz?

Good news! I need to replace a PS pressure hose too. Did you have to go to the stealership to find new ones?

Get JTSVP lines, if you go with OEM they will leak again.

DD with 112,000 miles. Every time I push that Red Button it makes my day. It's worth every dollar that I pay for gas.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back