SRT 10 value drop

I shopped hard and got into mine at a really good price. I'd wanted one really bad for years but just couldn't go the $50k+. I wound up getting it new from Max Motors in Butler, Missouri for $20k plus my '04 Hemi as trade-in that had 78,000 miles on it. Private sale value in Kelly Blue Book on my Hemi was $13,750 which is what I wanted for it. So, total purchase on my '05 QC w/64 miles/new the day after Thanksgiving 2006 was $33,750. Max Motors had purchased 5 from an SRT10 Dealership DC direct auction. The sell to me was via ebay w/Kevin Rhodes their salesperson. Details are still on their ebay site for confirmation. My ebay username was ps6151. I feel fortunate to come in round figures at $20k under sticker on the new truck. I'd recommend Max Motors to anyone looking for a Viper or still in the market for a Ram SRT10. I noticed one used cheap but still more than mine was new on their site recently.

oldguy

You know I worry about losing money in the stock market all the time. So on the same note I just drive my a truck and enjoy it!! I'm not looking to turn a profit, just looking to have some fun. When I see something I like more I'll put a cover on my truck slide it in my garage and drive the next mopar I want. Hopefully a cuda!

you mean all your trucks aren't going up in value?? mine has done nothing but appreciate since I bought it:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :p

Anyone that buys a newer vehicle of any kind with the hope of making money on it is expecting way too much. Automobiles are an expense not an investment unless you figure out how to buy under wholesale. One more observation, Kelly Blue Book is high on their values in today's real world used car market. If you can get KBB value to sell your used car you are one lucky SOB. The used car market in general is in the toilet. Due to the special nature of these trucks, they are even tougher to sell than the average used car.

I didn't buy for investment... I bought to enjoy and hold on to it for nostalgia purposes when I am older down the road. Now #1900 will sit and rest whist I play with another SRT... Life is too short not to live it up.. That's just my H.O...:dontknow:

What's depreciate mean...............:eek: :dontknow: :elefant: :burnout:

That's when ya :toilet: ...right?

D

If you want an investment take whatever you paid for the truck and invest in low risk investments...CDs, certain mutual fund, etc.....you will have a lot more 20-30 years from now..............vehicles are almost never a sound investment.....just enjoy it today..

I dito what others have said - It's a frickin' viper TRUCK with a V-10!!!!!!!

And we've all heard the lecture before - you go out, buy a toyota, chevy, ford, dodge, or whathaveyou and the thing seems to drop 10k in value by leaving the parking lot.

Just my .02.

This was never an investment for me, I've never made a dime on my Harleys, sandrails, boats, whatever...It ain't bout resale.... It may come or not... It's about a good time.. and stress relief... and 500+ HP will take care of all that...Now really, we all are power freaks...RIGHT?!!! I mean HORSEPOWER,not ego,LOL!!, ... What a great site to obtain this goal!!! Did anyone really think this was going to be profitable??? Lots of luck...

the only time i believed my truck purchase was an investment, was when i told my wife ( it worked);) :D :elefant:

Last edited:
20/30 years is what i was told! I could care less!! IMHO we are the ones who decide what our trucks are worth! We will be the ones buying them 30 years down the road, from Barret Jackson! For a second time!!! I dont plan on selling!! but if i have to, I WILL BE LOOKING DOWN THE ROAD!!! These trucks are different!!!!!! The maketing sucked! I thought Ryan Newman set the world record!
I could care less if our trucks are worth anything to anyone else!! Its my pride and JOY!! and you are all part of that!! Once all the left-over trucks are sold from the dearlerships! Thats when things things will change, Slowly!
I cant tell you how many people have came up to me and said "nice hemi" It is sad that they just dont know!! im sure i make know sense so im going for a beer! good night!-bill

I think Prof hit the nail on the head. These are such a niche market vehicle. The RC is just about worthless to do anything but drive fast. Dodge did a piss poor job marketing it. I still have people ask me if it has a Hemi in it. You can sell people anything if you have a good marking plan. Heck, people used to BUY painted rocks because some guy coined the "pet rock" and sold it as such. Dodge really dropped the ball on that one. People still do not know what the SRT version of any Mopar is. You can't expect people to buy something they don't know about.

I do not think gas prices have anything to do with the value of our trucks. Regular Viper SRT-10's have not dropped in value in the same way our trucks have. People are still buying SUV's and pickup trucks. The market has shifted some to more economical vehicles, but people still want their large vehicles.

-Muzzy

Get used to it friends...Marketing makes the world move...or not. It's not religion, politics, military strength or the economy...its all about capturing a share of the mind, and moving people in the direction you want them to go.

I think PROF is correct- when i get bored of this -i will sell or trade it in and someone will get a great deal wont have to do any mod's- hell i am still paying for rims and tires on 2 vehicles i don't even own anymore-lol- oh well such is life.

c'mon guys you can talk about market value, a niche in the market , and exculisity all ya want.

but he bottom line the things are slow pigs, with not back up from Dodge.

Who hasnt bought a QC and in there first drive went "damn! this thing want even spin the tires?"

and then thought " 11mpg! is that all!"

They are super trucks, completely bad ass! But honestly most that have bought them have been dissappointed when dodge claimed 500hp, and most had been detuned to save the clutch or automatic transmission.

Plus $2000 headers? $500 for a flash? $15000 jsut to run with a ford?
and warranty? what the hell happened to that when ya drove off the lot?

But all in all you must consider how many were built compared to the other manufacturers, I mean 3000 units? in one year?

Yes I do think in 30 years they will be worth a ton, but who other than wifey is really gonna keep them that long?

There will be a few here an there and they will do good after the fact, but all in all Dodges marketing killed the trucks, especially after detuning them

Stinker said:
c'mon guys you can talk about market value, a niche in the market , and exculisity all ya want.

but he bottom line the things are slow pigs, with not back up from Dodge.

Who hasnt bought a QC and in there first drive went "damn! this thing want even spin the tires?"

and then thought " 11mpg! is that all!"

They are super trucks, completely bad ass! But honestly most that have bought them have been dissappointed when dodge claimed 500hp, and most had been detuned to save the clutch or automatic transmission.

Plus $2000 headers? $500 for a flash? $15000 jsut to run with a ford?
and warranty? what the hell happened to that when ya drove off the lot?

But all in all you must consider how many were built compared to the other manufacturers, I mean 3000 units? in one year?

Yes I do think in 30 years they will be worth a ton, but who other than wifey is really gonna keep them that long?

There will be a few here an there and they will do good after the fact, but all in all Dodges marketing killed the trucks, especially after detuning them

I can't agree with a few of your statements.

I would not say they are slow compared to other trucks. After all they were the fastest production truck that was made. Are there faster trucks out there? yes... But they have been modified. If you are saying they are slow compared to other 500hp vehicles that is really not fair since we are a class of our own.

When I bought my truck I was not that concerned with gas prices since logically if you are worried about gas prices you should not be buying this truck.

I agree that the mods cost a lot of money but that is the deal with limited production vehicles.

30 years from now these trucks will be worth a lot of $$ if left in good condition. My truck will probably not be one of these since I use mine as a daily driver.

My thoughts are there are a lot of better investments out there than vehicles!

You seem grumpy lately Stinker. Are you ok? :dontknow:

Paul

Waiting 20-30 years to what, double, triple or even quadruple your money ? On a maybe :dontknow: :rofl:

Invest that money in real estate, stock market, gold, etc...

I plan to drive the piss out of my truck every chance I get and enjoy it. If I break it, I'll fix it. Performance vehicles are made to be driven, not washed, primped and coddled.

amtrucker22 said:
I can't agree with a few of your statements.

I would not say they are slow compared to other trucks. After all they were the fastest production truck that was made. Are there faster trucks out there? yes... But they have been modified. If you are saying they are slow compared to other 500hp vehicles that is really not fair since we are a class of our own.

When I bought my truck I was not that concerned with gas prices since logically if you are worried about gas prices you should not be buying this truck.

I agree that the mods cost a lot of money but that is the deal with limited production vehicles.

30 years from now these trucks will be worth a lot of $$ if left in good condition. My truck will probably not be one of these since I use mine as a daily driver.

My thoughts are there are a lot of better investments out there than vehicles!

You seem grumpy lately Stinker. Are you ok? :dontknow:

Paul

LOLOL me grumpy? no way bro! livin and lovin life:D

Its just the way I see these trucks, the RC is a ball of fun, and yeah we have our own sorta spot inthe sport world:rock:

And jsut to be known, I wouldnt give mine up for a long long time:D

but honestly when we bought the QC, man it was a BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!

It took a few mods before it ran like I feel it should run;)

To me.... these trucks are one in a million, but the original question was "why the value has dropped"

and to me, that is some of the reasons, yeah we hold the worlds fastest truck, and so on.
but you got to admit, if ya want a fast truck and do it at a reasonable cost, then a lightning is the way to go, you can buy them on a McDonalds wage, mod it and have an easy ten second truck.

While ours takes a ton of work.

But I love our trucks dont get me wrong, I wouldnt trade it for nuttin right now, it takes a special person that loves the power, the size of the truck, and jsut knowing you got a 'VIPER POWERED RIDE!!"

There is nothing likem, and most likely not to be challenged at all in the next few years:rock:

LONG LIVE THE SRT-10 RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back