SRT 10 value drop

QClikeKW said:
Coming from a modded 10 second L I would say you need a Blower ASAP or you will get very bored with the QC cause you just gained 1000lbs of weight ......and lost power from what your other truck had.

I don't expect it to be anything like the Lightning, in fact that's one reason I bought it. It's not "like" the Lightning. I want a daily driver that I can lug the family around in and not have to worry about someone pissing me off and me hammering it and I leave a rubber streak for 100 feet.

I just want it to go a bit when I put the go pedal down and still be reliable.

I assume I'll go VEC III (have one on the GEN II, easy stuff), intake (looks like a drop in is recommended) and drop the cats and throw on a catback. I'll also likely lower it a bit.

missing anything?

--wes

wesman said:
I don't expect it to be anything like the Lightning, in fact that's one reason I bought it. It's not "like" the Lightning. I want a daily driver that I can lug the family around in and not have to worry about someone pissing me off and me hammering it and I leave a rubber streak for 100 feet.

I just want it to go a bit when I put the go pedal down and still be reliable.

I assume I'll go VEC III (have one on the GEN II, easy stuff), intake (looks like a drop in is recommended) and drop the cats and throw on a catback. I'll also likely lower it a bit.

missing anything?

--wes

Wes,

Yank the cats out and add an after market muffler system.....

D

Only know for a fact that my slightly modded L seemed way faster S.O.P until I bought the DC stage II flash and it made a big diff in my QC.
Before the DC cheerleaders start I said S.O.P. feel,it was probably slower on a stop watch but I buy vehicles to satisfy me and they must at least seem fast in the drivers seat or what's the point?
Without the flash that is not the case with the QC!

Last edited:
QClikeKW said:
Only know for a fact that my slightly modded L seemed way faster S.O.P until I bought the DC stage II flash and it made a big diff in my QC.
Before the DC cheerleaders start I said S.O.P. feel,it was probably slower on a stop watch but I buy vehicles to satisfy me and they must at least seem fast in the drivers seat or what's the point?
Without the flash that is not the case with the QC!

No doubt man. The two are not comparable once modded. Especially at the levels you can get an L for a few k.

I just want a reliable daily that can move when I want it to and bring a smile to my face and give me price in ownership. I think I found that in this truck because I came in with realistic expectations.

--wes

missing anything?

--wes[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your list should put it where most of us stop.
Makes a big fast comfy family cruiser which is what I was also needing.

I don't give a shit if they fall to 100.00 Cash, I have never owned a vehicle that I enjoy as much as this truck. :rock: :rock: :rock: Plus I get you guys to talk to....

kyle's srt10 said:
HMMMMM.. So what do people think about this 1 year later?:dontknow: :D :D
Wow! When I started to read this thread I didn't even realize it was a year old till your post! Lot's of great stuff here. Much hasn't changed either. :rock:

FATJACK said:
I don't give a shit if they fall to 100.00 Cash, I have never owned a vehicle that I enjoy as much as this truck. :rock: :rock: :rock: Plus I get you guys to talk to....

I'll give you $1,000:rock:

values

personaly if I had the dough id by three more. as to why , many allocations. I know I value mine. that prof guy sure is articulate. couldnt give late sixtys cars away in early to mid seventies. how bout those guys who decided not to sell. 1000.000.s

andrew heywood said:
personaly if I had the dough id by three more. as to why , many allocations. I know I value mine. that prof guy sure is articulate. couldnt give late sixtys cars away in early to mid seventies. how bout those guys who decided not to sell. 1000.000.s

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Kyle, I don't think ours will ever be worth six figures...

And I don't think that we will ever get our dollars out...

But, they are incredibly valuable from my perspective in every other way...what a truck! IMHO

Prof said:
Kyle, I don't think ours will ever be worth six figures...

And I don't think that we will ever get our dollars out...

But, they are incredibly valuable from my perspective in every other way...what a truck! IMHO

I don't either:D

I love my truck I give up buying another daily driver this week so I could get my motor built sooner:rock: :rock:

Market value is not that important to me because I have no intentions of selling this truck anytime in the next few years....probably never....I plan to drive it till I put about 35K miles (about 2 more yrs) on her then buy something else...possibly a used Challenger...truck will go to the basement but will still be driven just enough to keep her from needing storage prep..:)

Like wise...I hope to retain mine for weekend cruising and an occasional car show...when I get tired of rubbing on her, maybe she will be come a present to my son or son-in-law.

Certainly I can't predict the future. All I can say is, when I look through the cab window, or under the hood, I get the same feeling when I watch the camera pan the old muscle cars at the auctions (Macom, Barrett-Jackson, Russo and Steele). " What were they possibly thinking when they made this car"? "How cool would it be to own one now". Well, I have the next best thing. PS GREAT THREAD!

I know Gas prices where a major factor, the truck I bought I watch for about a year the price dropped ten grand in last week in May when gas was starint to break $4 a gallon, thats when I pounced. I habe been watching the price on these since they came out, last big hit was like i said may. Which is in a way good for us (the ones who keep them) think about this try and find a hemi cuda original today, and what are they going for.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back