srt-10 vs 2011 mustang 5.0

Black Venom-'04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guy was driving home from work the other day and a white 2011 5.0mustang came up beside me real quick and was revving his engine trying to get a quick street race going ....lucky for him there was alot of traffic and there was just no way it could happen ...he turned off pretty quick after revving a few times.....i was just wondering could one of those new 5.0 stock beat our trucks stock ?:dontknow: ....and giving that im not stock, if he was could i beat him?

He would have given you a good run. They run high 12's stock. Pretty bad ass off the showroom floor.

SANTEEN said:
He would have given you a good run. They run high 12's stock. Pretty bad ass off the showroom floor.

So basically what your saying is, you got beat by a mustang :D

Black Venom-'04 said:
hey guy was driving home from work the other day and a white 2011 5.0mustang came up beside me real quick and was revving his engine trying to get a quick street race going ....lucky for him there was alot of traffic and there was just no way it could happen ...he turned off pretty quick after revving a few times.....i was just wondering could one of those new 5.0 stock beat our trucks stock ?:dontknow: ....and giving that im not stock, if he was could i beat him?

I think they run mid 13s stock. RC would beat it with equivalent driver, not sure what our QC's run stock but that race would probably come down to driver.

On another note, I ran a '73 Camaro yesterday on the freeway for fun. Nice Camaro, cherried out. It was quick, but my truck was quicker:D

wesalbert said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

wesalbert said:
That wont happen. Atleast, not a stock one.

USMC11 said:
I think they run mid 13s stock. RC would beat it with equivalent driver, not sure what our QC's run stock but that race would probably come down to driver.

On another note, I ran a '73 Camaro yesterday on the freeway for fun. Nice Camaro, cherried out. It was quick, but my truck was quicker:D
You're kidding yourself. Equivalent driver, stock vs stock, the win goes to the Mustang. Do a little more research on the new 5.0 Mustang.

Brat said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
You STFU!!!!!!!

I think they are running 12.5-.7 right off the showroom floor. and probably above 80mph they would really pull. dont see any stock 10 hanging with it.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i think on the highway it'd be pretty close with a bolt on RC vs a stock 5.0
I agree with you, with bolt-on's, the RC would have a chance. But stock for stock, npt a chance, with equal drivers.

SANTEEN said:
You STFU!!!!!!!
:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

BurntRubber said:
I think they are running 12.5-.7 right off the showroom floor. and probably above 80mph they would really pull. dont see any stock 10 hanging with it.
I agree. :rock: :rock:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i think on the highway it'd be pretty close with a bolt on RC vs a stock 5.0

If I had a r/c I wouldnt go looking for a new mustang GT for a race. I am trying to remember what article I read in the airport. I think it was in 5.0 magazine (obvisouly biased) but the ran a 12.6 stock and put in a SCT tuner, CAI and Dr and I think ran a 12.1 or an 11.99. either way guys have already gotten them into the deep 11's.

I would love to get one. but at 32 yrs old I just cant see buying a mustang.

Sorry to say Stang would win. Had a buddy dyno one and it pulled a 395 rear wheel HP. It had the brembo package and 373 gears stock. I have never owned a Ford but I was pretty impressed with 2011 5.0.

Do a full exhaust and tune and here they are really going to come alive.

Last edited:
They are 12.9-13.0 stock. Just got done reading all about the shootout between it and the camaro ss a couple weeks ago.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back