SRT vs SVT

How fast were you going on the roll? I have owned many lightnings before the 10, and you were clearly at peak RPMs when you took off, if you were at a speed where his truck wouldn't kick down a gear you would eat him all day.

Realistically, if he had a pulley and a tune he should be faster than your truck (minus his oil/head issues)

Not trying to defend the lightning, just trying to be realistic.... as mentioned, needs to go to the track.

How fast were you going on the roll? I have owned many lightnings before the 10, and you were clearly at peak RPMs when you took off, if you were at a speed where his truck wouldn't kick down a gear you would eat him all day.

Realistically, if he had a pulley and a tune he should be faster than your truck (minus his oil/head issues)

Not trying to defend the lightning, just trying to be realistic.... as mentioned, needs to go to the track.

Yes typically a slightly modded L will beat our slightly modded Srt10's especially the QC's.

Your dreaming Dubai boy. I whipped up on many L s back in t-dot. With pullies exhaust and all that other ford crap lol.

Your dreaming Dubai boy. I whipped up on many L s back in t-dot. With pullies exhaust and all that other ford crap lol.

LOL..

As stated Infamou$-All specs given on the SVT was from what the guy told me while we were talking on the side of the freeway and looking around to see where all the oil was sprayed out from. I saw no dyno sheets(IDK if HP numbers were true). But while I was looking under the hood- yes he did have a pulley/I.H.E/no cats/performance radiator/among other dress up aesthetics.

I won just give me that! score 1pt for SRT10's - 0 for SVT :)

Last edited:
LOL... oh boy!

OP: I'll still grant the win as now I am on SRT side :) Like I said, was just speaking from experience...

Was the oil leaking from the back of the passenger side head? This was actually an issue on some of the earlier year L's...

Last edited:

Thats part of street racing. Everyone has there sweet spot and the lightning shouldnt have chased if it didnt downshift or wasnt his roll.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

LOL... oh boy!

OP: I'll still grant the win as now I am on SRT side :) Like I said, was just speaking from experience...

Was the oil leaking from the back of the passenger side head? This was actually an issue on some of the earlier year L's...

Yea it was on the passenger side head(but not near the head gasket area) head it self you can hear it pop in the vid. As he was trailing behind I didnt realize the bottom of his truck was catching on fire, thats why I pulled over with him. I actually offered to buy it from him, he said he will fix it and run me again sometime.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back