Standing mile - Top end run in Miami

1qksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oct 11, 2009, I'll be running a standing measured mile sponsored by MileMarker 1. Here is the link for those interested in coming out for support or watching me blow up. :D Any helpful hints? Maybe someone can donate a VTCOA decal for representation. :rock:

http://milemarker-1.com/index.php

Sounds interesting. I'll be there for support.:rock:

well if ya have ran Best time to date - 11.90 - 120.66 and thats 1/4 of a mile Now were dealing with 4x that length im gonna go with 160

Well since ur truck is an 05 your going have to get into fifth gear....an that's a dog

nice, a mile, balls out? l'd bet he lifts at around 160 or so before the end...l'm going to wait to do my bottom end before trying any top speed runs like that, but l've been to 150, and l'd have to think it was well before a mile. Are you lowered at all, or stock height?

I am going to guess more like 140 or so. You're covering ground really fast after the quarter.

I'm looking forward to it Mickey.

I'd say you'll run 153. NANA ran 147 naturally aspirated and his truck was lowered to a couple inches off the ground. You definitely have the horsepower to overcome aerodynamics but how much and how fast. Like someone said, you'll be covering a lot of ground very quickly after the quarter. It wll probably be all over in 24 seconds.

Now this sounds like a fun event, let us know (in pictures and video) how it works out

viperhauler said:
i think 163....

mine hit the rev limiter in 5th at 164....so....if you make it that far and have to shift into 6th it'll probably be worthless....
i didn't think about the fact that he has 4.56's..........we'll see how stong a paxton is in 6th soon then i guess:dontknow:

Tooloe said:
Well since ur truck is an 05 your going have to get into fifth gear....an that's a dog

Believe it or not,My truck pulls alot harder in fifth than you think!!!:D

blackviper said:
I'm looking forward to it Mickey.

I'd say you'll run 153. NANA ran 147 naturally aspirated and his truck was lowered to a couple inches off the ground. You definitely have the horsepower to overcome aerodynamics but how much and how fast. Like someone said, you'll be covering a lot of ground very quickly after the quarter. It wll probably be all over in 24 seconds.

Thanks Jorge,
Your probably correct,But I will do what I can to Attain at least 165.:D

1qksrt said:
Thanks Jorge,
Your probably correct,But I will do what I can to Attain at least 165.:D

speed limiter set on "your top end is unlimited"????:rock: :rock: :rock:

viperhauler said:
i think 163....

mine hit the rev limiter in 5th at 164....so....if you make it that far and have to shift into 6th it'll probably be worthless....

I was told that I will have several attempts to improve!I will be trying different shift points and am considering taping up.I never took fifth gear to the limit,I usually grab sixth at around 155 and it carried me to aprox 170+.(about 1/2 inch past the 160 mark).

fastbill said:
nice, a mile, balls out? l'd bet he lifts at around 160 or so before the end...l'm going to wait to do my bottom end before trying any top speed runs like that, but l've been to 150, and l'd have to think it was well before a mile. Are you lowered at all, or stock height?

The only lifting will be after the mile or after the KABOOM!!!:D
And yes to 150 comes pretty damn quick!!
I am lowered 3 inches and plan on some minor aero mods for the final runs,(if I last)...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back