Standing mile - Top end run in Miami

1qksrt said:
.......I never took fifth gear to the limit,I usually grab sixth at around 155 and it carried me to aprox 170+.(about 1/2 inch past the 160 mark).

Well it seems you already have the nuts to go for it!!!:rock: 170 in our trucks is freaking balls dude!!!!!:burnout:

Big Nana got to 147 NA.......I think you will beat that with your paxton.....158 MPH is my guess.

Good luck

patrick

I'm going with 154.634. I figure with the about 15 secs after the 1/4 mile mark he should gain about 30-35 mph. So I am going on the high side.

Give it Hell but come back safe and sound (with a complete truck)... :)

Da1Chief said:
I'm going with 154.634. I figure with the about 15 secs after the 1/4 mile mark he should gain about 30-35 mph. So I am going on the high side.

Give it Hell but come back safe and sound (with a complete truck)... :)
Second 1/4 should be a lot quicker than 15 seconds.

Hey Mickey I will be there with my video cameras we'll set one up in the cab and hopefully I will be able to get some decent video from the spectator area(s).

Sounds lke I'm gonna go have to check this out too. You'll easily get into the 140's I've been there in what seemed to be no time.

I know you will give her hell Mickey...I know that your not lifting....:driver::burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
I will say 172.5 mph...;) :D

OSO said:
Second 1/4 should be a lot quicker than 15 seconds.

According to Jorge(blackviper),Who is (to me)a walking calculator,I should have aprox. 12 seconds to complete the remaining 3/4 mile.Way to many variables involved for me to try and figure it out!!:D
There are some extremely intelligent members on this forum,Maybe one of them will chime in with some hardcore calculations!!:dontknow:

LitemUp said:
Hey Mickey I will be there with my video cameras we'll set one up in the cab and hopefully I will be able to get some decent video from the spectator area(s).

Thanks Alex,
The vids should be awesome,Even if I'm won't be!!!!:D

1qksrt said:
According to Jorge(blackviper),Who is (to me)a walking calculator,I should have aprox. 12 seconds to complete the remaining 3/4 mile.Way to many variables involved for me to try and figure it out!!:D
There are some extremely intelligent members on this forum,Maybe one of them will chime in with some hardcore calculations!!:dontknow:
Would like to know also, been trying to figure out what i could do in the mile before i have to go out and pay for a big ass ticket:)

kickinassrt-10 said:
Sounds lke I'm gonna go have to check this out too. You'll easily get into the 140's I've been there in what seemed to be no time.

It would be great to see you there,I'm hoping for a V.T.C.O.A. cheering section!!:rock: :rock:
I'm sure there will be plenty of chow and refreshments for all!!!!!:D :D

amtrucker22 said:
169:rock: give them hell Mickey!

Thanks paul,:rock:
I plan to give it my all.:D This event is one I have been waiting for and its one thing thats been on my bucket list for quite awhile!!!:burnout:

I believe that's pretty optimistic...

0.75 mi / 12 sec = 0.0625 mi/sec
0.0625 mi/sec *60 sec/1 min * 60 min / 1hr = 225 mi/hr!!!

:burnout:

1qksrt said:

So lets do a little math.

Step 1

Multiply the speed in MPH by 5,280 feet per mile. The result is the speed in feet per hour. For example, 55 MPH is 290,400 feet per hour.

Step 2

Divide the speed in feet per hour by 3,600 seconds per hour. The result is the speed in feet per second. For example, 290,400 feet per hour is 80.667 feet per second.

Step 3

Alternatively, for a quick and dirty estimate, adding 50 percent is close enough (accurate to better than 2.5 percent).

Step 4

To convert feet per second into MPH, multiply by 3,600 seconds/hour and divide by 5,280 feet/mile. For example, 50 feet per second equals 34.09 MPH. Alternatively, simply divide the speed in feet per second by 1.4667 (seconds*feet)/(hours*miles). For a quick estimate, take off one third and you'll arrive at an answer accurate to better than 2.5 percent.

So if Mickey is doing 120mph at the end of the quarter, he is moving at a rate of 180 feet per second which would give him about 4.0 seconds of acceleration to the half mile.

Lets say by this time, his mph is 135. At 135, he is moving at 202.5 feet per second. This would give him about 5 seconds of acceleration to the 3/4 mile mark.

Now, lets figure at the 3/4 mile mark, his mph is 147. He is moving at 220.5 feet per second. This would give him about another 5 seconds to cover the remaining distance. Based on this theoretical calculation, his MPH at the end of the mile should be somewhere between 153 to 155.

Things to be taken into considertion: rate of acceleration, aerodynamics, road surface resistance, wind speed and direction, temperature and altitude.

In any event, I hope Mickey breaks his 160 mark. Good luck my friend!

1qksrt said:
It would be great to see you there,I'm hoping for a V.T.C.O.A. cheering section!!:rock: :rock:
I'm sure there will be plenty of chow and refreshments for all!!!!!:D :D
Sounds fun.....
How many people are going out from this forum:dontknow: :dontknow:
also got a good math sesion the blackviper :D

kickinassrt-10 said:
Sounds fun.....
How many people are going out from this forum:dontknow: :dontknow:
also got a good math sesion the blackviper :D
It looks like we got a mini GTG going:
kickinassrt-10 (Roger)
blackviper (Jorge)
litemup (Alex)