starting my sts project

There are much better imo.

I think it is fine if you are still in warranty, because it won't void your warranty...but Steve...never mind.

Stinker said:
Just the feeling of the power from a turbo, will make you use a supercharger for a magazine holder;)

Hmmmm why do I feel that was direct at me? You are not corrupting me!! at least not yet.:D

nycstev said:
So is the Mopar Comp cam is worth installing WITH Head work on a FI engine?:D
steve hows your truck goin with the rebuild. shoot me a p.m

14 PSI on my STS = 778 RWHP. 10 PSI = 660 RWHP. I probably have more experience than most with the STS. I do not think it is a good application for the Viper engine. It is great for Hemi's and Titans. I want to provide help to any questions about STS and/or tuners. Just drop me a PM and we can talk.

FlyingLow said:
14 PSI on my STS = 778 RWHP. 10 PSI = 660 RWHP. I probably have more experience than most with the STS. I do not think it is a good application for the Viper engine. It is great for Hemi's and Titans.

There is a Hemi 1/2 ton here with an STS. It really goes well. (But it sounds like a street sweeper).
So why was there a problem with the STS not delivering consistent boost. Was it that long piping, blowdown setting(s) or what?
Some guys said you could drive them along the same stretch of road, at the same r.p.m. and speed and nail it. It might deliver 7, it might deliver 11??!!
So, I went for a ride and that is exactly what they were doing.
Tough to tune or what!!!

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
There is a Hemi 1/2 ton here with an STS. It really goes well. (But it sounds like a street sweeper).
So why was there a problem with the STS not delivering consistent boost. Was it that long piping, blowdown setting(s) or what?
Some guys said you could drive them along the same stretch of road, at the same r.p.m. and speed and nail it. It might deliver 7, it might deliver 11??!!
So, I went for a ride and that is exactly what they were doing.
Tough to tune or what!!!

I spoke with Sean Roe about the issue. Flyinglow asked me to try to get Sean to work on his unit a year or so ago. I don't recall the details of the discussion...but the best I can recall...he was asked to participate in the initial design and he recommended that the STS add more injectors but STS decided against the idea.

Does that add any perspective to anyone's ideas? I've never even seen an STS.

thought i'd share at least a positive for squires...got 2 personally good friends, and driven the faster one, who have the sts kits on their ss camaros...auto "stocker" went 7.2 in the eighth on drag radials...basically a z06 motor with an intercooler...the other hadn't made it to the track but is a 6spd, 402 sb forged guts, intercooled, meth inj., moser 373's ....and that bitch is creepy fast...unfortunately i have only read of the negatives for the 10's and haven't personally seen any trucks around here with them...but i do know when they ARE working right...they make great power

You really have to understand that Tq is the power adder, not hp. I always build for as much low end Tq as possible, and the HP never matters. The TQ curve with the STS falls off fast when used with a stock cam, stock heads and stock intake springs. Most folks cannot put 750 tq to the ground correctly with a stock suspension-most...
With that said, Comp grinds a special setup I use to go beyond that level. One that spools up the single well. On a built single here, the truck runs 11.2 @ 126 here in Florida. Now the heads are ported, cam is in and a second turbo is on it. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back