State Registering

well i got a CAR, not a Purple Heart. Im sure if they knew i had either of them, they would charge me more for it somehow.......

Heres a breakdown of the fees:
Registration fee-$69
License Fee-$162
Weight Fee-$154
County Fee-$8
Smog Fee-$20
-------------------
Total $413

Mine's around $45/year plus the personal property tax, add another $350 for it. FYI: the tax isn't something that goes to the DMV but is another cost of registering a vehicle here in VA.

Just did my 06 RC last month. 1st because I just bought it you get to pay the sales tax of 8.75% so that's $2143 to start. 2nd you get to pay the Use Tax and all the other BS crap they through in there & that’s the recurring yearly amount that’s :( based on the VALUE of the truck which was another $566 bucks. :( That will go down a LITTLE each year but not much. And every time you turn around the Bastards in Ol Sac want to DOUBLE the car tax. If my job/company wasn't here I won’t be either!:argh: And Oh Ya, you get to cough up another $50 for the BS smog test every other year also……

WOW, I should have never went and looked

Various fees are due upon initial registration and annual registration renewal. Some fees are due for every vehicle upon registration. Assessment of other fees is based on:
  • Type of vehicle (auto, trailer, etc.)
  • Owner's county of residence
  • Special license plates
  • Unpaid Parking Violation/Toll Evasion Bail
DMV collects additional money for the following special programs on behalf of local districts or counties.
  • Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies (SAFE).
  • Air Quality. Amounts vary because they are set by specific Air Quality Management Districts. Air Quality fees are used by the districts to reduce air pollution from motor vehicles and for related planning, monitoring, enforcement and technical studies needed to implement the California Clean Air Act of 1988.
  • Auto Theft Deterrence/DUI. This revenue helps counties provide the public with theft prevention education and allows for additional enforcement of existing antitheft and driving under the influence programs.
  • Vehicle Abatement. These funds allow participating counties to remove and dispose of abandoned vehicles.
  • Fingerprint ID. These monies allow participating counties to fund local Fingerprint Identification Programs.
and maybe a few other things I didn't include

My Favorite..

Auto Theft Deterrence/DUI. This revenue helps counties provide the public with theft prevention education and allows for additional enforcement of existing antitheft and driving under the influence programs.

Why not just let insurance and people who get DUI's pay for this

DO WHAT???
Fingerprint ID. These monies allow participating counties to fund local Fingerprint Identification Programs.

However, I do like this one
Unpaid Parking Violation/Toll Evasion Bail

Pretty scary what they whack us for...

The DUI fee should be borne by those who break that law...

And the unpaid parking/toll evasion bail thing - is the collection system that messed up or that bad where the public has to offset the "bad guys"? I say, impound their stuff. If they don't pay, auction their stuff off. Or better yet, sell it for scrap.

Mine's around $45/year plus the personal property tax, add another $350 for it. FYI: the tax isn't something that goes to the DMV but is another cost of registering a vehicle here in VA.

Do you ever hear from Big Worm ? Where's he at ? :dontknow:

is that insurance and registration together or do you pay extra for that in the states? here in my province it costs me 1200.00 yeAR REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE. :mad:

im at $4.25 a gallon right now, it was 4.50 last week.

$3.39 here and $3.45 for ethanol-free

I use the ethanol-free
I get MUCH better mpg :rock:

Somebody is getting rich form the ethanol debacle and it does less than nothing to help fuel reduction or help the environment.It actually causes you to use MORE gasoline due to the decreased energy found in ethanol.

$3.39 here and $3.45 for ethanol-free

I use the ethanol-free
I get MUCH better mpg :rock:

Somebody is getting rich form the ethanol debacle and it does less than nothing to help fuel reduction or help the environment.It actually causes you to use MORE gasoline due to the decreased energy found in ethanol.

where can i find ethanol free at?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back