Stomped Gas and QC fell on its face! Help Please!!!

So O2 codes an #6 injector

I would start with the injector, if it's pouring gas in the cylinder that would cause all kinds of trouble

But what do I know, I'm not a mechanic. But just to be sure pull the motor and make sure you have 3 bolts on the left side -and then disassemble the rear end and check the clips j/k

Your first 3 codes are o2 sensor codes, set from the sensor being disconnected. The lost code is an injector circuit code, that is where you would start for your running concern, but also your compression numbers seem a bit low, each cylinder should be no less than 100 psi.

Ok just picked the truck up. The mechanic had unhooked the passenger side front o2 sensor and is now running. Done a passenger bank compression test read anywhere from 75-98.. Got the truck loaded on the trailer (drove it on the trailer) running at least of course w/ the CEL on cause the o2 sensor. unloaded at home still running better than before with the o2 hooked up but not good by no means.. The ticker here the hole time is what I said before.. the crankcase breather hose running into the air box had to be taken off and is blow air out of it with smoke/oil coming out too.??? Crazy to me here... When I got home went ahead and hooked up the scanner just to put the codes up, they are the following:
P0051
P0052
P0158
P0206 (x2)
Any help would be much appreciated!

Oxygen sensors and a fuel injector?

These are the numbers given to me when picked up, not sure how many revolutions where used to register or if all plugs were taken out or any of that info. I have it back at the house now, when I get home from work ill take my own reading and post them. Anybody have a clue bout the air out of the crankcase ventilation hose? Still no engine noise at all.

These are the numbers given to me when picked up, not sure how many revolutions where used to register or if all plugs were taken out or any of that info. I have it back at the house now, when I get home from work ill take my own reading and post them. Anybody have a clue bout the air out of the crankcase ventilation hose? Still no engine noise at all.

If I wasn't slammed this weekend I'd shoot down and give you a hand. If you don't get it figured out by next weekend I might could give you some help.

That would be tremendous help! like I said this is my 1st SRT and thought I was getting a killer deal but the deal might be turned around on me! Need this to be something else other than a 17k engine.. Had to order sensors, no parts store around my parts had both sensors but going to get a new o2 sensor tonight while I wait on the other 2 (camshaft & crankshaft) to put all on at same time.

That would be tremendous help! like I said this is my 1st SRT and thought I was getting a killer deal but the deal might be turned around on me! Need this to be something else other than a 17k engine.. Had to order sensors, no parts store around my parts had both sensors but going to get a new o2 sensor tonight while I wait on the other 2 (camshaft & crankshaft) to put all on at same time.

Ok do you have an SCT? Clear codes and let's see what's current. It's going to have O2 codes being they're disconnected and if he disconnected an injector it'll do the same. Disconnect battery for a bit to clear codes otherwise. Check atop trans to ensure sensor wiring isn't pinched between engine/trans.
Otherwise replace with Bosch direct plug in O2s.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I wouldn't change the camshaft or crank sensor unless I had a good reason. Not sure you have a good reason at this point in the game. If done wrong, it compounds the problem fast. Again, I would deal with the injector first.

disconnect the cats. try it without. wear earplugs! it will be loud!!
they might be plugged or disintegrated from overheating

Ok so I just got home, cleared all codes with the scanner. By the way I was wrong it showed p0206 & p0208 injector 6&8... I thought it was 2 of 206.. Anyway started the truck and ran it for bout 2 mins, CEL came back on. The new codes:
P0051 O2 sensor 2/1 heater circuit low
P0155 O2 sensor 2/1 heater performance
P0161 O2 sensor 2/2 heater performance
-Also I took a video if someone can tell me how to post it on here of the crankcase hose. The truck oil pressure is 50-60+, nothing running hot...etc

I would concentrate on one problem at a time since the different codes may be popping up due to one problem that snowballs into creating other codes. I would pull the valve covers first and check the springs and pushrods to make sure that nothing is damaged. Next I would run the compression test on all cylinders making sure that you disable the ignition and crank with the throttle open long enough that the gauge stops registering compression. If these are good then you can feel safe about further testing. Don't feel defeated or screwed just because it is a new truck - sometimes it is just something simple. If you can check these things than you can post back up and there are a lot of folks here that can help.

Pull dipstick and smell for fuel/gas. If there is fuel in the oil due to an injector issue or what not,
compression readings will be lower. You will end up dropping the oil either way.

pull the fuel pump fuse and all the spark plugs. then do the compression test.

The hose going to the air box is the hose from passenger side valve cover so the air/ smoke oil is coming from that hose!. Replacing the O2 sensor today.. Anybody got a part # for autozone or Napa? There's not a dodge dealer within 50 miles from me.

Alright oil looks good, smells good!. I took a few pics of what's going on here.. Going to put them in my album if u guys can look at them. Also anyone know where the plug for the passenger side front O2 sensor is? The mechanic left it unplugged and can't seem to located it. And location for the camshaft position sensor? Going to replace all these sense I've already ordered them and I have everything torn apart. Thanks again!

Alright oil looks good, smells good!. I took a few pics of what's going on here.. Going to put them in my album if u guys can look at them. Also anyone know where the plug for the passenger side front O2 sensor is? The mechanic left it unplugged and can't seem to located it. And location for the camshaft position sensor? Going to replace all these sense I've already ordered them and I have everything torn apart. Thanks again!

Passenger side front o2 plug is atop trans. That's why I say to ensure they're not pinched between trans and engine :)
Crank sensor on pass side of block if 05-06, on rear of block by bellhousing on 04. Same side. Cam sensor is under your intake tube and above water pump. Must be installed at correct depth!

I've looked everywhere for that damn O2 sensor plug... Have the passenger side tire off to access everything easier, but still no sign of it!. Found the other to sensors, is there something special with removing the camshaft sensor?. Doesn't seem to want to come off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back