Strange behavior at full boost

I would definitely start there. But, you're gonna need to get it on a dyno and give him the data
Thank you

Got a Aem fule pressure gauge on route just to make sure it's nothing 'Physical' and then get back to Torrie with the results and go from there.

Just wish the roads weren't so full of salt, bring on the Spring!

Now that were talking about not acting normal mine 10 is kind of the same way but its on low rpms doesn't have a good response at all till like about 3k a/f is where is always has been SCT tune, paxton can anybody help me out ?

Need a way of recording what's going on, it's a lot easier than glancing down at gauges wile doing 70mph + I've got a Aem failsafe wideband (also records boost) so you can see whats going on and review it later. Otherwise a roalling road read out with boost/air fuel/ rpm etc then you can have a good look at everything.

At least I'm not the only one. lol

It drives me nuts, although we did make it until January befor they started gritting.. Small mercys!

Mind you at the rate I'm going ill be lucky to drive it befor 2017!

I haven't been into an SCT tuner for awhile but I thought that they had a logging function. I might be thinking of a different tuner but it may be worth looking into. If you can capture fuel trims, ignition and a few other parameters it may point towards your problem.

Make sure your head gaskets are ok. Check compression. I had a blown head gasket on the drivers side and a broken piston gland on cylinder number 10. I had the same exact problem as you.

I haven't been into an SCT tuner for awhile but I thought that they had a logging function. I might be thinking of a different tuner but it may be worth looking into. If you can capture fuel trims, ignition and a few other parameters it may point towards your problem.

Yes that's a thought I'll have a look into that, thank you.

Make sure your head gaskets are ok. Check compression. I had a blown head gasket on the drivers side and a broken piston gland on cylinder number 10. I had the same exact problem as you.

I haven't got any of the symptoms of a head gasket.. but I'll see if I can get a compression tester and check that out.

Did yours drives completely normally otherwise?

Charlie

I haven't got any of the symptoms of a head gasket.. but I'll see if I can get a compression tester and check that out.

Charlie

When my #10 piston went out it was very noticeable.

Charlie

Neither did i. Truck was still running strong until boost kick in over 5lbs. Then it fell flat on its face and went pig rich.

Thank you

Got a Aem fule pressure gauge on route just to make sure it's nothing 'Physical' and then get back to Torrie with the results and go from there.

Just wish the roads weren't so full of salt, bring on the Spring!

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING A BOOSTED VEHICLE WITHOUT A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE?

Neither did i. Truck was still running strong until boost kick in over 5lbs. Then it fell flat on its face and went pig rich.

Was your issue happening in any gear after 5lbs of boost? I wonder if cylinder pressure is higher in the higher gears due to engine load and since boost will be the same regardless of the gear.

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING A BOOSTED VEHICLE WITHOUT A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE?

I love to live on the edge!

All this is new to me so I'm still finding me feet.
How come even if you do get a drop in fule pressure the a/f usually stays about right? Or does it not?

But the Aem will be installed this weekend and more 'testing' will commence!

Charlie

Last edited:
So fule pressure is about right 55-67ish psi?
Still having the same slightly lean (high 12's)then super rich (low 8's) issue under boost, in talks with Torrie as to the next step.

Can you determine in take air temp? Computer will pull timing and set rich if intake temps to high.

Can you determine in take air temp? Computer will pull timing and set rich if intake temps to high.

Its very cool here at the moment probably not much over 10degrees c. Should the intake air be about the same after it's been through the supercharger?

Last edited:
The supercharger is an air compressor. When air is compressed, it heats up. The air charge after the supercharger can get hotter than the computer likes if it has been over boosting or is damaged and becomes extremely inefficent. The paxton should have and air to water exchanger. Is it functioning?

The supercharger is an air compressor. When air is compressed, it heats up. The air charge after the supercharger can get hotter than the computer likes if it has been over boosting or is damaged and becomes extremely inefficent. The paxton should have and air to water exchanger. Is it functioning?

Yes air water exchange is running well check the pump on every start up, max boost I'm seeing is 6psi but is usually around 5psi.

Never had this problem before split second delete.

I'm going to run sct live link with Torrie so should be able to confirm intake temps when date logging, just to make sure.

Charlie

Charlie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back