Streetable Single Turbo Kits?

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After doing some searching I'm "considering" and researching the possibility of getting a single turbo for my 06 RC. So far Justin @ JMBs kits look nice but two (major) problems. I live in New Zealand so no in shop tune available and secondly, I'm sure that kit is overkill for a 100% street driven truck? I know you can run low boast but that's like being hung like a horse and being a priest, what's the point? Right? Are there any complete single turbo kits out there that push hp @ the fly up to around 600-650hp mark?

Nothing too much, just a nice turbo kit. I don't really want to go any higher than 650hp as I saw while searching that at 700rwhp you need to start looking at forged internals etc. So, I'd rather keep well away from even needing to do that. Just a nice turbo setup, blow off valve etc. I haven't driven a turbo for some time and quite like the idea of being able to get into one without being classed as rice lol. Any ideas? Prices? :dontknow:

Thanks,
Carl

At that power level, you will need forged internals sooner or later.

I have a ROE, and my power increase was 120 hp.

Roe claims 28% power increase, Ill let you do the math. I doubt youll need anymore power then that and you wont need a tuner since it comes pretuned.

7 grand w. meth.. Never heard of any complaints from owners with a Roe SC.

SchuettS said:
Roe claims 28% power increase, Ill let you do the math. I doubt youll need anymore power then that and you wont need a tuner since it comes pretuned.

do think so also :rock: for normal street use it has power enough.... and keep in mind it will NEVER have the road keeping suspension as a good GT...:eek:

Thanks guys, I thought Roe's stuff was suppose to be shit? After doing searches there are a lot of unhappy people here, maybe it's their service not their parts or both. If their service sucks, buying from NZ becomes an even greater risk and I don't really want to pay a company that lacks professionalism. So, all say supercharger, anyone know of any turbo kits as my question asked?? Or is it only Justin's kit? :)

Thanks,
Carlwalski

I can't say enough about Sean, his product and awesome customer service.

If you want turbo Marty has probably been the only one to sucessfully tune the STS turbo system. If you really want a turbo set up I would have someone install it, and see if Marty would fly to New Zeland for a couple of days tune it for you with the SCT programmer, and your pretty much set with 3 tunes of your choice low boost, high boost, race gas, or what ever you want. After that you he can e-mail you tunes as you need them.

Thanks guys. :) After doing some more searching on this site, it seems as thought Roe and his service are very good indeed. I only saw 2 maybe 3 threads with negative comments. Actual owners of the Roe systems seemed very pleased with them, no dramas, nothing breakage and all with stock internals @ 5.6psi.

How do you set the boost? Are you able to run it at, say, "2.5psi" boost at times or is it tuned and set and 5.6psi and it stays at 5.6psi? Love the whine, a few videos on the forum show it well, very nice. They look like they're very streetable too, traction and driveability wise which is a major bonus for me.

Will have to do more research and have a good think about it.........

Thanks,
Carl

LitemUp said:
If you want turbo Marty has probably been the only one to sucessfully tune the STS turbo system. If you really want a turbo set up I would have someone install it, and see if Marty would fly to New Zeland for a couple of days tune it for you with the SCT programmer, and your pretty much set with 3 tunes of your choice low boost, high boost, race gas, or what ever you want. After that you he can e-mail you tunes as you need them.

Isn't this "STS" group nothing but trouble? Looks like a hard system to tune right and possibly more trouble than it's worth. Thanks all the same but I don't want any junk lol. :) Unless this guy Marty is a pure genius who as you say is the only guy to tune it without fault.

LitemUp said:

Wow,For the price of of a ticket,I,ll fly out for the install!!!!!:D :D :D

Carlwalski said:
Thanks guys. :) After doing some more searching on this site, it seems as thought Roe and his service are very good indeed. I only saw 2 maybe 3 threads with negative comments. Actual owners of the Roe systems seemed very pleased with them, no dramas, nothing breakage and all with stock internals @ 5.6psi.

How do you set the boost? Are you able to run it at, say, "2.5psi" boost at times or is it tuned and set and 5.6psi and it stays at 5.6psi? Love the whine, a few videos on the forum show it well, very nice. They look like they're very streetable too, traction and driveability wise which is a major bonus for me.

Will have to do more research and have a good think about it.........

Thanks,
Carl

You just bolt it on , swipe your card and go..:D

I have seen and heard of by pass valves that sound like blow off valves (basically the same thing?) that release air into the atmosphere, do the Roe or Paxton style superchargers have these so called "by pass vavles" ? That sound cool between gears and again, you don't need to be a rice to have one lol.

Check out this video of two Nissan Maximas with Vortech superchargers, I like the sound of that yellow ones by pass vavle they sound good when going hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZXdxxRmYhA Will they work with Roes kit?

1qksrt said:
Wow,For the price of of a ticket,I,ll fly out for the install!!!!!:D :D :D

LMAO! I just saw while searching that you're Mikey, sorry mate didn't realise I thought you were just someone else pitching in. You'd really fly to New Zealand for a weekend to install a turbo system!? That's some friendly help lol. (Of course at my expense). ;)

How do you like your Paxton mate? :dontknow: They look like a nice system. Any troubles thus far? I noticed on the Paxton site they only do 2004 to 2005 SRT10 Dodge Rams, no 2006?? :eek: Also, can you put a by pass (blow off) valve on the Paxton kit?

Thanks,
Carl

SchuettS said:

You need to take another look at the Stuart gtg Mickey put on and check some numbers WITH A TUNE !!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

The Roe design does not use a blow off valve. The boost is set by RPM, so a pulley change is required to change available boost. Boost level is based on load though. 3K RPM is not always 5.6 lbs of boost. If you are cruising, the boost will actually be vacuum.

Look in the ROE section for a post by Pirateman. He lost an engine due to part failure. Sean worked with him and made it right. That is all we can ask in this game. I have a ROE, and I am building my engine up. I intend to put the ROE back on. That is the best form of endorsement I can offer.

Thanks for your input Dale. :) I am leaning towards the Paxton supercharger but on their site they only show it for 2004 and 2005 SRT10 Rams, no 2006!? I like the idea of being able to have a blow off valve, it's obviously for noise but I've never had one I quite like the idea of them just not on anything from the land of the rising sun. Be good fun to drive. A more importantly the Paxton will suit my style of driving better.

Carlwalski said:
Thanks for your input Dale. :) I am leaning towards the Paxton supercharger but on their site they only show it for 2004 and 2005 SRT10 Rams, no 2006!? I like the idea of being able to have a blow off valve, it's obviously for noise but I've never had one I quite like the idea of them just not on anything from the land of the rising sun. Be good fun to drive. A more importantly the Paxton will suit my style of driving better.

Whats your style of driving and who is going to tune it? You ever use an FMU, would you even want to?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back