STS Turbo Systems SCT Tuner

I disconnect the original 1 bar MAP sensor, hook up a new 2 bar MAP and reprogram the truck with 50-60lbrs. The way I write the program determines how the fuel for PT and WOT comes on. Very easy.

msdnga said:
I disconnect the original 1 bar MAP sensor, hook up a new 2 bar MAP and reprogram the truck with 50-60lbrs. The way I write the program determines how the fuel for PT and WOT comes on. Very easy.
Looking through the new Mopar catalog yesterday,I saw a three bar map sensor for neon srt 4.Would that work better than a two bar??:dontknow:

No, it's resolution is to tight to write the non boost areas.

Not concerned on the vendor status too much, I just don't push sales and kinda beat aroung the bush when someone replies about prices. I know the mods are busy.

msdnga said:

Not concerned on the vendor status too much, I just don't push sales and kinda beat aroung the bush when someone replies about prices. I know the mods are busy.
Got it! thanks,See ya soon!!:D

msdnga said:

Been waiting for a call from you. Called you last week, and left a message at your shop.

msdnga said:

I'm guessing PT is partial throttle? I can get boost under partial throttle, any chance of leaning out with the way you run your program? I just wondering how the MAP sensor knows the difference between PT under boost and PT without.

Without giving you any trade secrets, it knows by watching your right foot and using the 2 bar map I program.

Naturally aspirated trucks come with a MAP sensor that is scaled for zero vacuum (WOT) to -36". When you make 1 psi boost you go above that sensors ability to make any further changes.
A 2 Bar map is neg 30" to +30psi (even though 2 bars is 14psi, but don't want to confuse anyone) programmable. So I can roll into 3-5 psi of boost on my truck at light throttle and target a 12-13 AFR instead of 14.7 AFR that part throttle requests on a stock PCM. Punch WOT and hit 11.8 AFR. The SCT is a wonder, but only as good as the guy behind it.

Let me know when you get your vendorship set up. Or possibly PM me with a phone number to call to get ahold of you and times you are generally around. I have plenty of questions and a little change to spend. I also have one of the original STS kits, it'd be nice to finally get it working correctly. The truck is officially mine, paid it off and picked up my title thursday!!!

msdnga said:
Without giving you any trade secrets, it knows by watching your right foot and using the 2 bar map I program.

Naturally aspirated trucks come with a MAP sensor that is scaled for zero vacuum (WOT) to -36". When you make 1 psi boost you go above that sensors ability to make any further changes.
A 2 Bar map is neg 30" to +30psi (even though 2 bars is 14psi, but don't want to confuse anyone) programmable. So I can roll into 3-5 psi of boost on my truck at light throttle and target a 12-13 AFR instead of 14.7 AFR that part throttle requests on a stock PCM. Punch WOT and hit 11.8 AFR. The SCT is a wonder, but only as good as the guy behind it.

I was not asking for trade secrets so I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to get that kind of information. I was looking for a just generic answer which you provided above. Thank you. Now I just need to schedule some time with you to get some work done. I will probably switch to email at this point to figure out the rest. Thanks again. :rock:

Smoke

Sorry, I did not mean it that way. Really...

Yes, TPS and the mapping do that.

Marty,
I called your shop, twice, and was told you were to busy to answer the phone. Even when I told the guy you had PM'd me and said to call you. I was interested in getting an STS and SCT, he gave me a price and said "Just send the money and we'll get it to you." . Sorry, But I have gone another way, but I still need a Tuner. You have my number, call me if you want to sell something.
Later,
SC

YFever, not sure what he told you, but I blew my head gaskets on my lil 408Ram, burnd'ed up 2 Hemi PCMs, rented a car for the one guy which was a pain with a debit card and juggled the phone all while pulling the heads off the truck. I am slammed dude, slammed.
STS Turbos are 8 weeks out straight from their sources. SCT Tuners are in stock ready to roll. I cannot sell anything via this forum, yet.

msdnga said:
YFever, not sure what he told you, but I blew my head gaskets on my lil 408Ram, burnd'ed up 2 Hemi PCMs, rented a car for the one guy which was a pain with a debit card and juggled the phone all while pulling the heads off the truck. I am slammed dude, slammed.
STS Turbos are 8 weeks out straight from their sources. SCT Tuners are in stock ready to roll. I cannot sell anything via this forum, yet.

WOW!! you definately have your hands full Marty! Im just getting exhaust done here in a week or so then I will be getting a SCT tuner from ya shorty!:burnout:

I am the office manager of KRC Performance. I answer the phones and handle the customers when Marty is not able to take care of them. I am the only one besides Marty that gives out prices and takes orders. First off I would never say "just send the money and well get it to you". I dont know who you thought said that but I assure you that is was no one at this business. Secondly Marty is always very busy. Normally he can't always talk on the phone because of all the tuning he has been doing lately. He answers questions when he can. I am sorry if I came accross that way. I would never treat any one like that. It is really hard for me to answer questions with Marty so busy on these tunes. He does spend countless hours dynoing and perfecting these programs. Call back and I will personally put you on the phone with Marty directly. I am sorry about this misunderstanding.

Thank you,
Jeff Brown

Last edited:
Marty, sorry bud , you are a very busy guy. I guess what got to me was that you PM'd and said to call and then I couldn't get you. No prob, I'll get in touch with you eventually. My guess is that once you become a vendor here you wll be even busier.

Jeff, I'm not sure, but I think that was you I talked to. Those were the words you used. My answer to that was, "Okay", then I hung up. It kinda bothered me that someone would say that to a potential customer, especially after reading what Marty has posted here and his replies to my PM's. That is why I posted what I did. It's all good. Just a misunderstanding, probably on my part, I'm am not the most patient person. No hard feelings. The Paxton is on it's way and when I'm ready to do the install I'll about an SCT and Tuning.
Thanks guys,
Shawn

With the larger injectors and the SCT has there been an issue with hesitation when the engine is cold? When my truck is cold it runs like crap. By that I mean if I give it some gas then the RPM's drop and the truck just hesitates. It goes away once it is warmed up.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back