STS Turbo Systems SCT Tuner

now if i could just find a cheap sts setup, or just wait for a few of the blower guys to switch over and sell their setup's cheap....

Or convince the STS guys that it'll never work! Then grab it cheap!!!!!And run!!!!

Merritt Island? Man I am all over there in the Procharged Ram on Fridays...

Black Viper, I think that is a great idea, best of both worlds, Tq and HP all under the curve....

Just forge the engine with Mickey and we'll get it together. All you need is a STS universal kit ($1800ish) and a PWR air to Water intercooler kit to feed it. The Roe will give you all the TQ you want and the Turbo will put the HP where you want it. Keep in mind, you need a Aeromotive A-1200 fuel pump or 1000 pump and return regulator to feed that wild combo.
Please guys, don't ask me pricing until a moderator gets me set up as a vendor! Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
interested in the SCT tuner. xcal2s are great product line and are a proven great product in all the other markets they are sold.

where are you located at. a dyno tune at your location would be great.

as they say "it's all in the tune!"

this is the way to go,Marty knows what he is doing,my truck has never ran so good or so cool until I got a sct programer from Marty,trust me this man knows what he is doing....get one and do it now.

Well, Mr Anderson, I am near Merritt Island Florida. White's Dyno in Rockledge is a great place to tune. Let FSTJACK get me setup and then I can freely speak.

To the owners Mr.Fstjack,Patrick please make Marty a vender,the man has a lot to offer us here,you will not be sorry.He is a stand up guy and will only bring good things to the site.I will personlly stand behind him and put my reputation on the line as a member here.

Brat said:
To the owners Mr.Fstjack,Patrick please make Marty a vender,the man has a lot to offer us here,you will not be sorry.He is a stand up guy and will only bring good things to the site.I will personlly stand behind him and put my reputation on the line as a member here.

oh sh%t he's screwed now:D LOLOLOLOL

I tink he will be:rock:

With your systems what size springs (color) are you running in the Wastegates? The only sizes springs I got with my STS where the red and yellow springs. One was 5 lb and the other was 3.

I know you are not using Meth on your set up, is there a gain to be had by using meth?

The QC's had a big problem with overboosting. Part of the issue was how the boost was referenced. Are you connecting the wastegates directly to the brake booster line? Any problem with high boost levels or spikes?

Do you see any lower PSI on the dyno as opposed to actual street driving?

I know I have lots of questions and I appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Smoke

Brat said:

Yup what he said!!!!!:cheers:

I run 9 lb springs doubled, the 3 and 5 can be used also.
You reference the boost for the Tials directly from the compressor. There are two wastegates so accuracy is tight. If you put in your 5psi spring on both and reference the lower port of the WG, You will see 5psi, add the top port to the same line and you'll have 10. If you had one wastegate, overboost would be an issue with that combo size.
I can part throttle boost the truck, automatic or stick, over rev with street tires, safely without any overboost issues. Every single person that has come in for overboost issues, had either the signals or the springs wrong. It tells you right in the kits exactly how to set them up for 5 psi. If you are nervous, run the 3 lbs springs and then double to top of the WG for 6 psi.
7 psi will put you well over 600 rear wheel, which is safe for stock on a clean tune. Meth or intercooling I alway recommend, but prefer hard intercoolers over something that can run out or electrically fail. PWR makes for awesome A/W and Procharger has a great A/A setup. Intercooling allows me to run more than 20 degrees total timing, and get the TQ up higher on high boost. Low boost can use 26 degrees easily even without due to the very low 110-120 air temps, that is why the STS kits make more power than a Paxton kit at the same PSI. Cooler temps and no timing needs to be pulled except 5400 on which is 30 on the stock PCM.

Last edited:
Man reading all this great info has my heart racing and pounding my head against the wall for missing dyno day GTG.Marty it really sounds like you know your chit.Tuning brats truck truck with the sct,did you rewrite his stageII or slap his stock one in and tune that? Something I really need to look into.My truck runs hot as hell 200+/- even with a 170 t-stat.def.want to come see you some day and let you tune my beast.

I wrote over his Stage 2, it was the hottest cal I went up against, but since his fuel was off and part throttle spark was low, I squeezed past it legally with 10 seconds on the board to play. But part throttle, even though it won't get you a high dyno, is the best part of the cal on the street in my opinion. I would rather have 500ft lb from 2800-4500 than 550hp at 6000rpm and only 470ft lbs. Makes US-1 a much better commute.

Brat said:

With what little rep. I have...:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

msdnga said:
I run 9 lb springs doubled, the 3 and 5 can be used also.
You reference the boost for the Tials directly from the compressor. There are two wastegates so accuracy is tight. If you put in your 5psi spring on both and reference the lower port of the WG, You will see 5psi, add the top port to the same line and you'll have 10. If you had one wastegate, overboost would be an issue with that combo size.
I can part throttle boost the truck, automatic or stick, over rev with street tires, safely without any overboost issues. Every single person that has come in for overboost issues, had either the signals or the springs wrong. It tells you right in the kits exactly how to set them up for 5 psi.

This is different then my kit. There was a big over boost problem for a while. The book said to hook both wasegates up directly to the turbo. This didn't work. My install guys then spliced off the line from the BOV. We submitted this changed to STS and they then sent out a new change to their kits that had the waste gates connected directly to the brake booster line under the engine. Also from my understanding this was an issue more for the QC's rather then the RC for some unknown reason. You did however make me think about how my Tials are connected (top or bottom). I will have to go back and check. I got one of the first 5 kits from STS so there have been some changes made I'm sure. I already know that I need to plan some time to come down to Orlando.

So what's the deal? We buy the STS kit, install it, call you for the tune if we already own a SCT programmer?
They list several "upgrades" which ones are recommended if keepin stock internals for the time being?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back