super charger or turbo?

thanks for the link- but the info that i found in the searches does not answer my question of which is a better mod- by the way how much HP do those floor mats give you in your MOD list?;) :D :D

RUFROZN said:
thanks for the link- but the info that i found in the searches does not answer my question of which is a better mod-
I guess you didn't read this on the same thread:

Well, Flyinglow is I think the only survivor of an STS turbo on this site or the one before (nfff site). I believe like 6 of them blew up........some twice!! Walt had major problems with a JH build which if I remember correctly was a $100k build!!! Stinker then is the only member I can think of that has a working turbo setup..........and his build has been a long and arduous one as well. He can elaborate on it.

From memory, we havent lost a engine to a paxton yet and possibly a roe as well. Not sure about onefast's deal.

Turbos dont have a great history with our trucks...........do your research before you spend your cash. There are a several members here with lots of great info whom have already spent the cash and make big power............me I just read and try to learn from them.

patrick
Or search anymore on the forum which is loaded on threads about turbos and STS.

yeah but big difference between sts turbos and a real turbo system never heard of any major problems besides tuning them on a regular turbo the sts is the turbos that go in place of the muffler and havent heard anything good about them yet. but the ones that go under hood are the ones like i am looking at ;)

You will spent alot more dough on that verses the roe. I already checked a few weeks ago. Go with the roe TMTS. That's what I am going to do very soon:D

thanks KYLE- I WAS LOOKING TO SAVE A LITTLE AND GET THE SAME RESULT- BUT I WAS LEANING TOWARDS ROE ANYWAY-

mauiSRT/10 said:
Roe Roe Roe your 10:D :rock: :burnout:

patrick
i agree !!!

i'd avoid single turbo systems, especially the sts turbo's - many engine failures on our trucks...... stinker could give you his insight on the twin turbo setup, likely need forged internals...... paxton or roe seem to be a personal choice on stock internals - i like the roe, myself...... you might talk to deibs, he recently had engine issues & he has a roe........:dontknow:

ultimately, for longevity, you'll need to upgrade your internals.........:D

Nothing wrong with turbos guys , they are gonna make tons more power than the non intercooled Roe by hundreds and the paxton by far.

but the kicker is forged internals is a must, also a good tuner, in the end comparing to a $15,000 X-metal paxton and hopefully getting 700rwhp you would spend approximatley $30,000 and get 900rwhp or better and be tons more driveable

I still love the paxton:D
Maybe some feedback on some Roe owners with at least 10,000 miles on it!!!:rock: (12,000 on my paxton,no problems):)

reason i have been talking to stinker figuring out what i need to do lol

yeah but my goal is i want over 1k hp to the ground and this is only way to do it supercharger cant :) and have wanted twin turbos in a truck for a long time :)

I thought serious and hard about this and almost went with the ROE until I saw everyone else already doing it. So I thought Paxton because it seems like a very nice looking set up. But then again the price to drop on such a set up (either Paxton or ROE) is steep and could very well go towards another bitchin ride instead like German BMW engineering or a different SRT model.. IMHO Adding a SC or Turbo will eventually lose it's novelty/lusture then I will find myself dropping more into the money pit to satisfy my hunger for MOORE and NEVER be the quickest... So why bother?:dontknow:

Venom Power said:
I thought serious and hard about this and almost went with the ROE until I saw everyone else already doing it. So I thought Paxton because it seems like a very nice looking set up. But then again the price to drop on such a set up (either Paxton or ROE) is steep and could very well go towards another bitchin ride instead like German BMW engineering or a different SRT model.. IMHO Adding a SC or Turbo will eventually lose it's novelty/lusture then I will find myself dropping more into the money pit to satisfy my hunger for MOORE and NEVER be the quickest... So why bother?:dontknow:

very good points there brother.Are we ever happy with what we have.Always looking for more ponies.Bought this truck thinking 500 hp WOW!! Now catback,Cai,stage II I got the itch to go forced induction.What then:dontknow: We motorheads are never happy.There will always be something faster out on the road.But you know it would be nice to be pushing 500 hp's to the rear wheels!!:rock:

wont grow old said:
it would be nice to be pushing 500 hp's to the rear wheels!!:rock:

mmmmtorque is doing that NA. Cam, heads and exhaust and throw in a VEC 3 to tune it all.

Just for info

Pistons $1800
rods $1800
billet mains $700
machine work $1000

stock heads

turbo system $12,000
injectors $700

fuel rails $500

fuel pump $600

lines and fittings $500

boost controler $300

fuel managment vec III $1200

clutch $2000

engine assembly $1000

cam $400

push rods $200

end result $24,700

thats is also doing most of the work yourself which can be done, r and r the engine, clutch, fuel pump, lines, controller, injectors.
the engine machine work is extra you cant controll.

this is basically all I have withthe exception of the x-metal tb.

end result 750rwhp on pump, 1000rwhp on 116 octane.
but the power is also unlimited, with the Aem and heads, probably 1000rwhp on pump and 1300rwhp on 116.

things can be better, Aem instead of Vec, ported heads or strykers, and so on.
but this is the basics.

So low ball with you turning wrenches $25,000, with havin someone install $30,000
or you can opt for a single turbo kit and save$5000 but you would need to go with a larger turbo for similar results such as a 76mm.

Now those that have had a Roe installed end result? $10,000 for 620hp

those with a paxton? from what I have heard low ball $15,000 for 650+hp
nitrous headers and so on extra?

I have asked over and over and over, and nobody seems to want to devulge how much a paxton install cost for 700hp:dontknow:
But with the Roe, many have told me having someone install it and the cost of the Roe is around $9-10,000

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back