supercharged SRT Ram reg cab for sale

Its going....BUT the machinist broke a lathe or something and it put us behind a few days....He keeps bitching about the billet main caps not fitting right.....they are requiring heavy modification. REALITY prob not for another week or 2.....maybe theyll surprise me. Dave installed the aeromotive fuel system yesterday so at least that is done.

I might be interested but am also searching around in general... Am just concerned about the engine with the supercharger. Well, am concerned anyway since it is a tuned truck, plus I dont know the story behind your previous broken engine. What happened there?

It was a WHOLE different ballgame before. This is a FORGED piston NEW motor that has been tuned for the Paxton by Woodhouse and its runnin CONSERVATIVE right now at 535rwhp....3 grand and thats a 700hp truck! And the motor is NEW with a backup. If u r lookin for a fast truck thats not run of the mill.......here ya go. And Dave is a great guy that has taken a rough road.

I might be interested since am considering my options... What exactly happened to the previous motor by the way? Oh... and the backup motor is damaged, correct?

Am asking cause I wanna have a clear picture. :)

PM dave........I dont know everything. I just know how much it cost me to get to the point that he is at....think 25 grand or so....plus 40k for truck=65000.....for 39000=priceless....hehe The only reason its such a good deal is that the motor in the is out of the BEST year Viper you coulda got a motor. Different internals back then...wwwwaaaayyyy better. Now we have garbage pistons and rods that break REAL easy. PM dave hell give u the rundown.

U got it bro.........HONEST! i wasnt tooooo impressed with my truck til the Paxton. I liked it but wasnt like OH MY GOD! Then once the blower WITH BOOMERS FLASH was installed. hehe It was REAL NICE! Now, Dave's isnt flashed (which is good for u being the buyer). Once u flash it you will pick up 40 or so ponies and 70-90 tq! BIG WAKE UP!! If u went and drove it you would stroke a check!

energetic said:
I might be interested since am considering my options... What exactly happened to the previous motor by the way? Oh... and the backup motor is damaged, correct?

Am asking cause I wanna have a clear picture. :)

I bought the truck from a dealership. When I had Woodhouse check it over (fluids, tires, brakes) while at the same time upgrading the clutch/flywheel (lightweight) I had them dyno the truck so I could have peace of mind that the supercharger install was good and the a/f was safe. Its a 3 hour drive to denver and I'd hate to break down in the middle of eastern colorado.

The first dyno went fine, other then it only getting 6psi of boost. While waiting for the factory replacement amps (tsbulletin) they fixed the leaks. While on the dyno for the 2nd time it threw a rod in the #2 cylinder.

Through the forum members (sorry I forget who, blake?) I located another motor from Kevin Howeth (part owner of Underground Racing). This motor (shortblock) was from his 2003 Viper. It had approx 1000 miles on it.

The motor was shipped to Woodhouse (thanks 1fast400) and they upgraded the pistons to custom Diamond pistons from Arrow Racing. They also reinstalled the supercharger. The truck dynoed roughly 675/675 (crank). They stand behind their work and should something happen will fix it.

The original motor is in my garage with the rod still in it (one threw the block). I'm told by Arrow its not fixable but as some Viper owners tell me could be fixable. I need to call J&S in California. They have a top fuel car and one other that they sponsor/race. I think they fix aluminum blocks. I have a phone number for them, just havent called them yet.

From what I've gathered, the previous motor started off with nitrous/propane injection. When Larry Macedo got the truck for the Paxton he noticed that it was very lean. I believe the previous owner ran both the Paxton and nitrous/propane injection for some time and from what Larry states in "the other forum" he suggested the previous owner get the a/f fixed but doesnt know if it was done.

So I think the internals were subject to not just the Paxton but also the nitrous/propane, thus weakening the parts.

Woodhouse has a safe tune on the truck and when I talked with Dan at DC he thought the numbers Woodhouse got were right in the ballpark for a Mustang dyno. Dan also suggested that if someone were to add his meth/water injection plus the paxton fresh air thing and the vent kit the truck would gain another 100-150 horsepower. THe price I believe was somewhere between 1500 and 2000 dollars. the numbers would then jump to 675/675 or so at the wheels, not the crank.

Those are the highlites. I'd be happy to talk with you if you'd like. The experience the past few months and the money it cost me puts me in a position to sell the truck only because I want to pay off this debt faster instead of slower. If I did more driving with it I'd keep it. I just need to take a break for a few years and get some other things paid off before I come back in.

Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse supervised all the work and knows the story inside and out. Also, he and Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse know me and my driving habits and how clean I keep my vehicles. Their number is 1-800-889-1893 if you'd like to talk to them. Mark can give you specifics about the busted motor and just about anything else you need. All the fluids were changed, checked, etc.

my number is 785-821-2618 (cell) or 303-979-9520 (sons mothers house where I'm at til the end of the week).

I should add that the thing that when I bought the truck I was never told that it had nitrous/propane injection either by itself or with the Paxton. I knew the potential hazards with the pistons with this kind of forced induction. If I would have known its full history I would not have purchased it. It was a timebomb ready to go at any time. It decided to blow within 30 miles of me driving it. I'm still trying to peace together its full history of mods and when/who did them.

Last edited:
Bottom line...........NOW, its a full rebuiild done RIGHT with a safe tune that can be made very fastSAFELY because it now has forged pistons etc....If u want a Unique truck that can be extremely fast for a good price...here it is. Take it to DC and have em do their magic and now you taking a shot at Mike's title of fastest SRT10.(supercharged)...not a bad deal for the right guy.

Forgot to add...the rods in the '03 motors are the strongest stock rods that came from DC in the Gen III motors. Per Woodhouse and Arrow Racing advice they did not need to be upgraded when running the Paxton.

Forged pistons were from '96 to either '99 or '00. The '01s (like the Viper I had) came with the weaker ones. Those from '96-at least '99 can run 10psi of boost with stock internals.

@Dave T
Thanks for all the good info and the honest write-up. Other sellers could just avoid to describe all these in public. Let me get things sorted with my new engine for the S2000 this week (or next week) and I will give you a call to have a discussion. Am living overseas (in Athens) but I have an address at New York and they can make the purchase from there (if decided, am not promising anything). Then they can ship your truck to Athens. I don want to give any hopes to you that I will definetely get your truck so if a buyer comes along and he wants your ride feel free to sell it. In the meantime you if you want, we can chat on msn messenger ([email protected]).

One more thing. I know exactly how it feels to have an engine failure and since am interested as a potential buyer and you are a seller of what I want, am sure we can get a deal together. :)

Thanks for your time and I appreciate that you posted all these details... :)

Another thing for all members: Sorry if am asking so many question in other threads but I just need all the info I can get. ;)

Blakewilder said:
I knew it was something about the 03's that was better...didnt they come with forged pistons before that too?

I recall Todd @ Arrow saying that the '03 rods were a little better. As I recall, there were only a couple years of production with forged pistons. 1999 & 2000? Something like that.

your welcome energetic. I want you and anyone else that may be interested to have full disclosure of the truck and the history. I have nothing to hide and unlike the dealer I bought it from I'll give you every piece of info that I know of about it.

The original motor (shortblock) is on a crate so its pretty portable to move around. I was suprised as to how lightweight it is. If you need anyone or know of anyone around the denver/kansas city area they're more then welcome to check out the truck for ya if need be. I also have the original clutch/flywheel (wanted to see how used they were) if you want them otherwise they're pretty much no good and can be trashed.

Blake, your pm box is full.

For this forum and the Viper Club of America forum the price is lowered to $39,999. Its listed elsewhere for $41,000.

Last edited:
Hey Dave,
Just wonder where you are located. I just picked up a truck and scored what I feel is a major deal on ebay. Reason being? Because SRTs in the Seattle area (where I live) seem to be going for about 5K-10K more than the national average. More money to spend up here I guess. Anyway, I ended up heading all the way across the country to save thousands. Seems like you may have better luck selling that truck if you tried location specific advertizing like "Craig's List". Try putting it up on the Seattle Craig's List and see how many bites you get. The ad is free, so what have you got to lose?

Hope this helps,
Greg

Thanks for the info. I have had maybe 2 nibbles of interest on 4 or 5 different forums including autotrader.com

I'm not giving the truck away but am advertising it at a very competitive price given the recent upgrades/mods when compared to those being advertised in stock or near stock condition. Also, I'm getting to take the truck out and have some fun with it, not encouraging for me to lower the price. I'm hopeful that I can take it to "Truckfest" at Bandimere Speedway July 23. Should get some quality runs in with a prepped surface and timing gear. Of course I'll post the slips.

Forgot to ad, I'm in Goodland, KS...3 hours east of Denver on Interstate 70. Its 19 miles inside the Kansas line. Or...6 hours from Kansas City.

EBAY #280006466370

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back