SuperSnake Hoods Group Buy

Sure did sir. They're all marked Paid on original post brother.
Looking forward to seeing these across the world soon. One headed to Germany !! Talk about shipping costs, lol.

SWEET! how good of a fit are these hoods Scott, do we need to test fit them first before painting or can I get them sent straight to the painters then put on the trucks, then post and send ya some pics??

SWEET! how good of a fit are these hoods Scott, do we need to test fit them first before painting or can I get them sent straight to the painters then put on the trucks, then post and send ya some pics??

Generally you should test fit any part prior to painting ( good painter/body man practice) but Shipping to your painter is fine. These guys make hoods for the entire SVT Ford lineup so I'm very faithful in their quality :D

Generally you should test fit any part prior to painting ( good painter/body man practice) but Shipping to your painter is fine. These guys make hoods for the entire SVT Ford lineup so I'm very faithful in their quality :D

Ewwww Ford!! We are trying to make our trucks faster not slower. :D

Looks like you have quite a few of my pictures here Bud, of my truck.

There's a couple things all need to know about the hoods. I have had one on my truck for about 5 years now.

jim

Looks like you have quite a few of my pictures here Bud, of my truck.

There's a couple things all need to know about the hoods. I have had one on my truck for about 5 years now.

jim

Yessir I used some from the original post as yours and Johns (RIP) were well known and executed. Do you have negative feedback on it? All of your threads were always positive about them but I'd love to hear your experience Jim.
Thanks

The only feedback I have is that these are fair weather hoods, wish they had some type of drainage system under the louvres. One is over the fuse box and the other is over my CAI filter. I have been caught in a bit of rain with no real issues.

After I installed the hood because of the direction of air flow around the headers I melted the very bottom of the fenderwells. So I pulled them cut up a half inch over the melted part and no more issues since then.

Looks like someone is defending you sir, my point to the post as so many other things on the forum is to to fill in folks to the experiances I have had with the product. I get very positive feedback on how it looks and functionality is very good towards keeping the motor a bit cooler. I meant no offense by my comments only education.

Thanks

Jim

Well said bud and yes it does look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only feedback I have is that these are fair weather hoods, wish they had some type of drainage system under the louvres. One is over the fuse box and the other is over my CAI filter. I have been caught in a bit of rain with no real issues.

After I installed the hood because of the direction of air flow around the headers I melted the very bottom of the fenderwells. So I pulled them cut up a half inch over the melted part and no more issues since then.

Looks like someone is defending you sir, my point to the post as so many other things on the forum is to to fill in folks to the experiances I have had with the product. I get very positive feedback on how it looks and functionality is very good towards keeping the motor a bit cooler. I meant no offense by my comments only education.

Thanks

Jim

Like you said, no real issues. My vented hood " brand B" actually held water till it got stagnant and stunk. I'd rather it drain off and water gets in all of them even stock when driven in the rain. The vents are not angled to gather rain/wind but rather deflect and let heat out.
I cannot, however, see how the hood had anything to do with melted fenderwells, that was likely a bi-product of the headers themselves. I don't think anyone was defending me, rather asking the same question I did, you said you had feedback yet never said what till 3 hours later? fter owning 5 years you'd think you had the problems off the top of your head?
I understand you're one of the few with this hood and wanting to keep it that way, but many others including myself wanted one years ago but jumped on another deal that wasn't so great instead. Now I'm doing mine right :rock:

No problem Sir ........ Just wanted to share the experiances with the hood ........ Time lapse because I wasn't home yet. Was at work and needed to get to my PC.

All in all the hood is a great product visually and I absolutely do not care how many folks own them. The place I purchased the hood from treated me well. Judging from what I have seen through dealing with yourself and your products I have no doubt you will do the same.

Respectfully

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for your honesty. Being I think you may one of the only around that has this hood it's good to hear its lasted this long without issue and you're still happy wityb purchasing it over 5 years ago! :rock::burnout:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back