Suspension Mods For Traction?

Your times are what I want to shoot for before going inside the engine. I also don't want to strip the truck out like you haven't but do want to put my truck on a diet.

Yeah I just want to bolt on the drag wheels and race, don't want to have to strip it and put it back together just to run it

I also have a slight traction issue now all of a sudden. Some import took me at the lights in Red Deer last night and thought he was top notch, problem is I just blew the tires off it.

Did Tony ever create his bolt in ladder bar system hes been taking about for 4 years?

I also have a slight traction issue now all of a sudden. Some import took me at the lights in Red Deer last night and thought he was top notch, problem is I just blew the tires off it.

Did Tony ever create his bolt in ladder bar system hes been taking about for 4 years?

Your 1000 horsepower Procharged truck has traction problems? Who would have guessed? ;)

I never did get to see pictures of your truck after you completed the wire tuck, etc. Do you have any of it all together?

Your 1000 horsepower Procharged truck has traction problems? Who would have guessed? ;)

I never did get to see pictures of your truck after you completed the wire tuck, etc. Do you have any of it all together?

Yea im a little confussed why you would have traction issues too....LMAO

Caveman, just got off the scale, 4580 without me 1/4 tank of fuel. 2580 on the front axle and 2000 on the rear

So 4430ish race weight plus my 240lbs

I agree with ArrestmeRed04 ladder bars work without a doubt. But I was convinced to try the Assassin Traction Device which is very similar to caltracs. "Assassin" Traction Device The guy told me about the stock suspension section on Y/B where they are putting down around 2000 hp on stock leaf suspension using a 295 tire and pulling 1.20 60ft.

FWIW, The assassin traction device and the pulled overload leaf made a huge difference and took all the axle wrap out. I still need to pull the front sway bar to help even more with the weight transfer, but it's already drastically improved.

Another interesting comment that was made several times was that radial tires dont like the shock of stick cars. They always said stick vehicles need bias tires.

The guy told me about the stock suspension section on Y/B where they are putting down around 2000 hp on stock leaf suspension using a 295 tire and pulling 1.20 60 ft

I call BS on this. Please show me a 2000 hp vehicle with stock leaf springs.

FWIW, The assassin traction device and the pulled overload leaf made a huge difference and took all the axle wrap out.

10's don't have an overload spring.

Chris Duncan Racecars out of Chandlerville IL did mine. I have no idea about how much the traction improves since the truck is still getting some other mods finished before it can roll down the road again. I opted to cut my old leaf spring mounts off to clean up the frame but you can leave them on if you ever want to remove the ladder bar setup and go back to leaf springs.

photo253.jpg

photo252.jpg

photo251.jpg

photo250.jpg

A couple things that Chris taught me that may make a bolt on setup hard to accomplish is that you want the ladder bars almost parallel to the ground to get the best shift in weight. He also had a challenge with the mount that provides the lateral stability for the axle. The gas tank is so large that it limits how this can be done. He came up with a pretty ingenious idea and used the shock mounting bolt on the diff cover as a mounting point.

A few more pictures once everything was cleaned up and painted.

photo454.jpg

photo456.jpg

photo457.jpg

I call BS on this. Please show me a 2000 hp vehicle with stock leaf springs.

10's don't have an overload spring.

That was sorta my reation when I heard it also. I'm not sure if I have seen one on there yet that was 2k.hp the section is very long, but I have seen enough that are very, very close to it. Then I thought well if they can put that kind of power down and get it to hook. My 5000lb brick shouldn't be a problem. It's a good read. Check it out..

Go to Yellow Bullet, look under the stock suspension section. Then click on the caltracs sticky. There's a whole section devoted to just stock leafs. And yes they post their vehicle and hp. A lot of them take vids of their 60ft and post them up. It's really neat to read thru and see the trucks improving and then see the final vid where they get it right.

If I had the money.This would be how I would roll.LOL......This is a nice set up.
A couple things that Chris taught me that may make a bolt on setup hard to accomplish is that you want the ladder bars almost parallel to the ground to get the best shift in weight. He also had a challenge with the mount that provides the lateral stability for the axle. The gas tank is so large that it limits how this can be done. He came up with a pretty ingenious idea and used the shock mounting bolt on the diff cover as a mounting point.

A few more pictures once everything was cleaned up and painted.

photo454.jpg

photo456.jpg

photo457.jpg

Wow!! That is sweet!! Some day I would love to do the same!! What's that run a guy to have that all done if you don't mind me asking? U can Pm if you like.

What are you running for wheels now and tires? Looks top notch for sure and I'll bet it'll hook as well:burnout:

What are you running for wheels now and tires?

Yes, more pics please!!!

Yeah the QC SRT-10's do have an overload spring!! It's the big thick one on the bottom of the spring pack!

RC's have a big spring, but it's a slapper bar (traction device), not and overload spring.

Chris Duncan Racecars out of Chandlerville IL did mine.

That looks trick! I am surprised you are using the stock "Super 60".... Most of the big HP guys, especially peeps who are going to run them hard, switch to something with more options.

I know the RC's don't, they arent suppose to tow anything, but you said "SRT-10's" and I specified QC just to clarify.

Thanks. When I posted that I almost put RC because I was not sure about the QC's.

Then again, what do you know about traction anyways? I heard your truck only breaks the tires loose on dirt roads :D

Thanks. When I posted that I almost put RC because I was not sure about the QC's.

Then again, what do you know about traction anyways? I heard your truck only breaks the tires loose on dirt roads :D

Thats right! Dirt roads!! LMFAO. I wouldn't know, truck never been on a dirt road and never will be while I own it!! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back