Taking a flu shot can have some side effects...

Did anyone ever wonder why you need boosters when you get flu shots or vaccines? It is because your body does not create permanent antibodies against them and you are succeptable to the same illness again. If you procure the sickness naturally, you will have those natural permanent antibodies for life! That is an easy choice for me as well. Food for thought since it was brought up.

Well, at least she can be an aspiring marathon runner!:D

Sorry.:eek:

Folks, there's still so much we are clueless to as to how the body will react from one person to another. Our immune systems I believe are every bit as complex as our DNA.

However, from the standpoint of trying to act in the interest of the many, we are still far ahead of the game with immunizations. There have always been the rare deaths or disabilities that result from them. However, has to weight that against the alternative results like epidemics (now pandemics) that can result in the loss of hundreds to hundreds of thousands of people, if we did nothing.

It is simply a calculated risk in an effort to serve the greater good.

I fully intend to get my flu shots, if they EVER make it to my city!

Last edited:
Fit95 said:
Did anyone ever wonder why you need boosters when you get flu shots or vaccines? It is because your body does not create permanent antibodies against them and you are succeptable to the same illness again.

Only partially true. There are a great many diseases that the body creates permanent defenses against when presented with the dead virus. When was the last time you got a polio booster, for example?

Still, there are people like my wife who have had chicken pox FOUR TIMES! As I said above, peoples' immune systems can be as varied as their genetic makeup.

No shots for me, I haven't needed them in the past and hopefully won't in the future. I'd rather pass on taking things into my body that I don't know what they are.

Is it proff positive the flu shot is responsible for the onslught of this syndrome, that broke my fkn heart............:(

Ram From Hell said:
Only partially true. There are a great many diseases that the body creates permanent defenses against when presented with the dead virus. When was the last time you got a polio booster, for example?

Still, there are people like my wife who have had chicken pox FOUR TIMES! As I said above, peoples' immune systems can be as varied as their genetic makeup.

When was the last time you ran accross polio? What are the great many diseases? Just curious. Are they permantly defended against, or are they (random diseases that is) no longer present so there are no new sicknesses?

Husband lets out the biggest aw damn ever.

But seriously that sucks. 1 in a million chance.

Oh, and people have been known to die after getting out of bed in the morning, so, you better stay in bed

Ram From Hell said:
Well, at least she can be an aspiring marathon runner!:D

Sorry.:eek:

Folks, there's still so much we are clueless to as to how the body will react from one person to another. Our immune systems I believe are every bit as complex as our DNA.

However, from the standpoint of trying to act in the interest of the many, we are still far ahead of the game with immunizations. There have always been the rare deaths or disabilities that result from them. However, has to weight that against the alternative results like epidemics (now pandemics) that can result in the loss of hundreds to hundreds of thousands of people, if we did nothing.

It is simply a calculated risk in an effort to serve the greater good.

I fully intend to get my flu shots, if they EVER make it to my city!

...:dito: ........for the millions that get shots every year the bad reactions are insignificant in number....there would be far, far many more deaths if not for the vaccines....

its all a government conspiracy! dont take the shots you are jsut being used as test subjects!!!!!!!!!!!

run! and run fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stinker said:
its all a government conspiracy! dont take the shots you are jsut being used as test subjects!!!!!!!!!!!

run! and run fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need to run fast.... just faster than you:D

Now that we are on the subject, what about side effects from the Anthrax vaccine.

The military suspended the use of the anthrax vaccine in October 2004 in response to a court order revealing concerns over the process through which it was approved for use on the military, but that order expired in October 2006 and the mandatory shots were resumed the next day.

Severe reactions such as migraines, heart problems, and the onset of disease including diabetes and multiple sclerosis. Between 1 and 2 percent of immunized individuals may experience severe adverse events, which could result in disability or death.

As of Oct 2007, 44 deaths from the inoculations, and thousands of adverse reactions, many of them involving auto-immune diseases or lesions on the brain, have been reported.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back