Texas GTG March 16,2013 Temple, Texas/Little River Raceway

SAR would be a great next track. Most time it's prepped pretty good and they keep to their schedules a lot better.

With that roots style supercharger you're going to have to baby it out the hole or add some sticky to the azz if you plan on getting up and going. The best way to launch my wifes AMG with a roots is to hold the brake, pull it up to 2k rpm's and aggressively ease into the throttle on take off. Anything else on street tires is a wasted smoke show.

Throw some stickies back there and I think you'd surprise yourself. You had great mph on the top end.
Joe

What did your Camaro run Justin?

13.1 @ 116 :(. I think my 60' was like 2.6. i dont have the timeslip here. It was my first time to run it on a track and spun bad out of the hole to where I completely let out of it. I was hopeing I could get in more runs but after 3 hours and 1 run , I was ready to just get on the road back to Houston.

SAR would be a great next track. Most time it's prepped pretty good and they keep to their schedules a lot better.

With that roots style supercharger you're going to have to baby it out the hole or add some sticky to the azz if you plan on getting up and going. The best way to launch my wifes AMG with a roots is to hold the brake, pull it up to 2k rpm's and aggressively ease into the throttle on take off. Anything else on street tires is a wasted smoke show.

Throw some stickies back there and I think you'd surprise yourself. You had great mph on the top end.
Joe

Yeah I figured i would spin but not so badly. There is just too much of an instant hit. Im ready to get back out there. I had to beat up on a lonely new 5.0 yesterday just to feel better :D

Glad you made it Justin and I apologize for the tracks lack of scheduling. They knew about us yet seemed to start way too late :(
You car damn sure moves out and I have vids of it as well. Your 116 will net you mid 11s with perfect traction and shifting bro. Beautiful SS ;)

Glad you made it Justin and I apologize for the tracks lack of scheduling. They knew about us yet seemed to start way too late :(
You car damn sure moves out and I have vids of it as well. Your 116 will net you mid 11s with perfect traction and shifting bro. Beautiful SS ;)

Thanks man I appreciate it. Ive only had it a few months so hopefully by next year it will be really running how I intend. For now Im juggling my love between my minivan and the maro. Hope to do something like this again in the near future.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Ive only had it a few months so hopefully by next year it will be really running how I intend. For now Im juggling my love between my minivan and the maro. Hope to do something like this again in the near future.

Yup was good to have Yall up, I'd be down with san antonio

Yeah I figured i would spin but not so badly. There is just too much of an instant hit. Im ready to get back out there. I had to beat up on a lonely new 5.0 yesterday just to feel better :D

Yea I believe you had a 2.44 60ft, but great top end. It's probably a LOT of fun. Driving a roots style supercharged vehicle takes sticky tires or foot control, more so than centrifugal since your torque is on/off where as a centrifugal builds it as the rpm's raise and the airflow increases. Both are fun but launches are different without a really good set of slicks.

Yea I believe you had a 2.44 60ft, but great top end. It's probably a LOT of fun. Driving a roots style supercharged vehicle takes sticky tires or foot control, more so than centrifugal since your torque is on/off where as a centrifugal builds it as the rpm's raise and the airflow increases. Both are fun but launches are different without a really good set of slicks.

Yeah thats why I was hopeing to get more runs in. Its definitely going to take some getting used to. Im new to this supercharger thing :). I cant wait to get back in my Trailblazer to hear that nasty N/A cam lope!

Here's the video of me and Justin-jsandlin
He had a bad start and i was holding him off till I hit the rev limiter between 2nd and 2nd over then he sling shot past like a rocket! He ran a [email protected]. I ran a [email protected]

Here's the video of me and Justin-ARRESTmeRed04
He shot out of the hole like he was on fire on his slicks. I hit the limiter and got out of it. He ran a [email protected]. I ran a [email protected]

Thanks for posting the vid Joe, pretty neat to see it from that angle, need to buy me a go pro camera

Thanks for posting the vid Joe, pretty neat to see it from that angle, need to buy me a go pro camera

Fa Sho!
Now you see what I mean when I said you launched HARD! I'd like to have another so I can have one pointed forward and one pointed backwards. Great cameras.
Hope to have some slicks next time around. Great running truck! :rock:
Joe

Let me know when you head out there with tires I'll bring my camera and shoot some vid from the outside too

Here's the Texas VTCOA GTG VID I put together

Im far from an expert editor but thought yall would enjoy it and have some memories to look back on. It was a small GTG that was a great time afterall.:burnout:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0DzK1QrJQ&feature=player_detailpage]March Texas VTCOA GTG Video_0001 - YouTube[/ame]

Whoops that last one got erased accidentally

Let's try that again :rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAFooYOuUo]VTCOA Viper Truck Club of America Texas GTG Little River Raceway March 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Found a couple more shots from the weekend...

facebook_1992323627.jpg

facebook_-795489309.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back